CC Double Dip

Correct. I somehow missed that bit of information and missed out completely.

Me too :sad1:. I went to sign up @ guest services when we boarded the ship and the computer system was down. So she took my name/stateroom # and I asked her if I could run the 5K on the second day at CC and she said sure and made a note of it. My ticket for the 5K was waiting in an envelope for me after the show on the first night of the cruise. When I pulled the ticket out on the 2nd night I noticed it had the "wrong" date and she had signed me up for Day 1. I went to guest services to get it corrected and that is when I found out. I was pretty bummed since this was going to be my 1st 5K. I had been running 3 days a week since January to get ready for it.

Me too :sad1:. I went to sign up @ guest services when we boarded the ship and the computer system was down. So she took my name/stateroom # and I asked her if I could run the 5K on the second day at CC and she said sure and made a note of it. My ticket for the 5K was waiting in an envelope for me after the show on the first night of the cruise. When I pulled the ticket out on the 2nd night I noticed it had the "wrong" date and she had signed me up for Day 1. I went to guest services to get it corrected and that is when I found out. I was pretty bummed since this was going to be my 1st 5K. I had been running 3 days a week since January to get ready for it.
Oh that is a real big bummer! Such an easy mistake too. The good news is you have trained hard and can do another one close to home for less than the cost of a cruise :rotfl2:! To be fair, I think the 5k course on castaway (other than the official runDisney challenge course which is different), is NOT a true 5k. It clocks in less than that.

Wait, the ticket arrived after the event?

The key is that it is often done both days and sometimes done just one day.

The navigator app should have everything listed for the cruise, so that's a great place to check.

Wait, the ticket arrived after the event?

I read it that CC day 1 was day 2 of the cruise, and when she opened it on night 2 to prepare for day 3 of the cruise she found out it was for the day that was ending.

The key is that it is often done both days and sometimes done just one day.

The navigator app should have everything listed for the cruise, so that's a great place to check.

I read it that CC day 1 was day 2 of the cruise, and when she opened it on night 2 to prepare for day 3 of the cruise she found out it was for the day that was ending.

Yeah - I was just trying to figure out if the envelop was delivered after the event or if she just assumed it was right and didn't open it until after the event.

I know I always look at those tickets the moment I get them to make sure they are ok.

The 5k is no big deal. Nothing more than an semi-organized run. If they don't offer it both days simply just get off the ship as soon as possible and run 3 miles. For some reason if having a medal is important to you then go to the stand nearest where the 5k ends and ask for a medal. They will give you one for free. The stand is by the Konk bar.

We got the impression somewhere the 5K would be done on both days, but it wasn't not offered on the second day. My husband ran the course anyway in the afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter