Cbr

Stacey C

Earning My Ears
I have got a question about CBR. We made reservation for CBR for July 13th for five nights and six days. We let the kids pick which resort they wanted they are ages 12, 9 &1. The girls picked the CBR because they love the beach. Since we have made our reservation people have told us that we made a bad choice. That the CBR is spread out to much and the bus is always packed. I really need some in put. Do you think we would be happier at another resort.

We LOVED Caribbean Beach! I don't think you'll be disappointed.

It is spread out, but it really doesn't take very long to get to where you need to go. Each village has it's own laundary, pool, beach, and bus stop, so you won't have more than a five-minute walk for those. If you plan to use the main pool or eat at the foodcourt, it could be a little farther, but you can always request a building near Old Port Royale. I think as long as you don't get stuck out in Trinidad South or Barbados, it shouldn't be more than a 10 minute walk at the most. Some buildings in Martinique and Trinidad North are right next to OPR--check the map.

As far as the bus service goes, we only used it once to get home from the MK because we had our own car, but I did notice a lot of people at the bus stops around the resort. Of course, I don't think it would be more crowded than any other resort. I think Disney is pretty good about knowing how many buses they need at any given time, so it should not be a problem at all.

Don't change your reservation! You will love CBR! :)

I have a friend that stayed at CBR and did not like it and talked me out of it. She said that unless you get the building closest to the main pool and food court it was too long of a walk, especially in the heat. She enjoys AS and would rather stay there and save some money.

We stay at CBR...we loved it! It had a great atmosphere. Even though it was sold out because it was a peak time , it never felt crowded. We had our own car, but the bus stops never seemed overly crowed. Our girls were 6 and 9 at the time and they had no problems getting around to all the pools and the food court. I really don't think that you will be disappointed with your choice at all!!.:earsboy: & :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

I reccomend it whole heartedly, but if you are going for the beach only, let me tell you the hammocks are great for lounging. But you cannot swim in the lake and the sand is too fine for sand castles. The pool area is a much better place to swim and tan I am sure you will love it. As another poster said request Martinique or Trinidad North.

Originally posted by Stacey C
The girls picked the CBR because they love the beach. Since we have made our reservation people have told us that we made a bad choice. That the CBR is spread out to much and the bus is always packed. I really need some in put. Do you think we would be happier at another resort.

I wouldn't really worry about Transportation. During peak times, crowds are to be expected... everywhere. Caribbean Beach is a MOD resort, so we will meet the demand. (MOD = Magic On Demand bus dispatching system)

You'll love Caribbean Beach... so relax, and get psyched for a vacation of a lifetime :)

Originally posted by BarbaraMB
I have a friend that stayed at CBR and did not like it and talked me out of it. She said that unless you get the building closest to the main pool and food court it was too long of a walk, especially in the heat. She enjoys AS and would rather stay there and save some money.

Too long of a walk to what? We didn't use the main pool, as we thought the one in our village was good enough for a quick swim; and we only went to OPR maybe once a day to fill up our mugs or grab a snack. There really isn't that much of a need to canvas the entire grounds of the resort every day, although I did it for fun one day. :D

I enjoyed the fact that CBR was spread out because it made it very private and quiet. As many people have said, it's like two vacations in one--Disney and a Caribbean island. :D

I'm with the kids -- I love CBR. I've heard the complaints about the walk but it never even entered my mind on my trips there. My Dad was in his 60's & 70's on different trips and he never mentioned any problem with the walk...he loved the atmosphere. I think you'll find someone who has a complaint about every resort from GF to All-Star at one time or another. Go with your instinct....if it appeals to you, you'll most likely have a great time.

I have heard from other people that they enjoyed their stay at CBR, thought is was fun and beautiful. It is one friend's opinion that had stayed in a village farthest from the main pool and food court and she just didn't care for it. She happens to like AS better. To each his own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter