"Categories" for your album??

AJackson

Mouseketeer
What different sections or categories do you have in your Disney scrapbook?
I have just started scrapbooking a couple of months ago (traditional and digi) and I want to do a scrapbook (of course) for our Disney World trip, which is in October. I want to go ahead and start buying papers and stickers now so I can spread the costs out. I am trying to think of all the different sections I will have. Like I know I'll do individual sections for each park and one for our resort, one for restaurants, one for DTD. But what other sections do you use and how do you organize it??? Thanks for any ideas and tips! :worship:

My first album is done by park, with food interspersed through out. The next one is going to be in chronological order.
One category you don't have is characters. I think you have most of the general stuff covered, you will probably need some random pages for candid shots, silly hats, etc. Oh and I do a 2 page Layout for each country in Epcot. You could do one for shows, like the Lion King, Nemo, Beauty and the Beast. ETC.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I am just trying to decide what is better - doing it in chronological order or by theme?? decisions, decisions

I do mine chronologically:). FWIW, you may want to limit how much stuff you buy ahead of time. I found that stuff I thought for sure I would use just didn't do it for me once I had the photos and memorabilia in hand. I have a lot of stickers and patterned paper that I didn't use on our 2007 album. For our 2008 album, the only stuff I'm going to have ahead of time is swap items, and having seen the photos of stuff people are making, I will be SURE to get the photos to go with it all:).

I do mine chronologically:). FWIW, you may want to limit how much stuff you buy ahead of time. I found that stuff I thought for sure I would use just didn't do it for me once I had the photos and memorabilia in hand.

I absolutely agree! Of course only you know what kind of scrapper you are and if you'd use the fancy stickers and embellishments or not. I find I've bought all that stuff - and the paper packs from Disney that have stickers and die cuts in them, and wind up not using most of it. Your photos will be bright and colorful and "busy", so you may not want to use a lot of colorful accessories as well.

Myself, I've probably got 10 Disney books - and none of them are the same - just as none of the trips have been the same. If you go to any of the special parties (MNSSHP, MVMCP or P&P), you'll want a section for those. Could also have:

Characters. Boats (or transportation). Flowers. "Critters" (real, furry, fourlegged) Characters (real, furry two legged) Resort (s). Downtown Disney. Details. food. rides. trash cans. attraction signs. memorable cast members.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I am just trying to decide what is better - doing it in chronological order or by theme?? decisions, decisions

I think it depends on how many days you have, for me anyway. The first trip was 10 days, there was no way I could remember everything in order. This nest trip I'm doing was only 5 days and we went to MK twice, and everything else once so that was easy to sort in chronological.

Hello all! I am fairly new to the scrapbooking world. Started making one for our first family trip in 2004 and only ended up doing about 10 pages. This year DS and I are taking a special trip and I definitely want to make a scrapbook. DH even bought me a Cricut machine for Mother's Day! :love:

My question is about the number of pages ... how many pages do your finished books average? I am going over possible pages & layouts in my head and it seems like there will be a ton! I haven't entered the world of digi-scraping so this will all be the "old way". DS says now that he is looking forward to doing it together but we'll see how that goes! :)

My question is about the number of pages ... how many pages do your finished books average? I am going over possible pages & layouts in my head and it seems like there will be a ton! I haven't entered the world of digi-scraping so this will all be the "old way". DS says now that he is looking forward to doing it together but we'll see how that goes! :)

The only Disney trip I have scrapped was last year's trip. Our 7 day stay took 51 pages to scrap:). From what I've seen of other people's stuff, that was a relatively small book. Now that I'm more into scrapping and have a lot more tools (like all the Disney carts for my Cricut) and our trip this year is 12 days, I expect it will end up being 2 albums totalling around 100 pages.

I also do chronological. I just finished my 2005 trip and am starting my 2007 trip. I set it up almost like a story book. Each day has a title page and then I scrap events from that day. I also throw in misc pages along the way to cover things from the entire trip. I do lots of journaling to, to help "tell the story".
I pre-bought papers, embellsihemnts, etc. I still have things left over that I pre-purcahsed for my 2005 trip - but I am using on this past trip and will save the left overs for my next trip. But I am like that - if I see somethign I like I buy it and then find pictures to work with it. I thnk I set up my layotus backwards.

I also go chronological. I do digital, which means I can squeeze more stuff onto a single page then paper scrappers and my last finished Disney trip ended up about 65 pages.

Hello all! I am fairly new to the scrapbooking world. Started making one for our first family trip in 2004 and only ended up doing about 10 pages. This year DS and I are taking a special trip and I definitely want to make a scrapbook. DH even bought me a Cricut machine for Mother's Day! :love:

Welcome!

Number of pages, I think the first book was 90 something? 300+ pics. I had to split it into 2 albums.

Our 2005 trip was a 10 day trip with extended family. Since it was our first trip I am scrapping almost everything. As of now I just finished the third album and I still have 4 days of the trip left! LOL We took a second trip in 2007 and I know I won't scrap everything but will do highlights instead.

What different sections or categories do you have in your Disney scrapbook?
I have just started scrapbooking a couple of months ago (traditional and digi) and I want to do a scrapbook (of course) for our Disney World trip, which is in October. I want to go ahead and start buying papers and stickers now so I can spread the costs out. I am trying to think of all the different sections I will have. Like I know I'll do individual sections for each park and one for our resort, one for restaurants, one for DTD. But what other sections do you use and how do you organize it??? Thanks for any ideas and tips! :worship:

One page I haven't done but am planning is a My Favorites layout. I asked each person what their favorites moments from the trip were and plan to use pix or journal about it. I'm thinking of including this at the end. I scraplifted this idea from someone else's layout I saw.

I am still working on ways to incorporate all the memorabilia I kept--tix, receipts, maps, napkins, drink coasters, stickers from cast members, etc. I've done a pocket page, but I'm open to new ideas. Does anyone have layouts to share that include memorabilia? Thanks!

Welcome!

Number of pages, I think the first book was 90 something? 300+ pics. I had to split it into 2 albums.

Wow! Thank you for the welcome & the info! I have all these ideas for pages running around in my head and was afraid that I am going overboard. But I guess that really isn't possible! :)

I tend to do my scrapbook projects for Disney (and our other vacations) by the vacation and by the day. I've not gotten to the point where I lump various trips into certain pages, but I do have some ideas for those pages for a different scrapbook (not our travel journal scrap).

For all my multi day trips, I do the following to help me stay 'organized' until I come back to my studio to get even more disorganized :)

I use a manilla folder or big envelope for each day - at the end of the day, I stick everything from that days adventures (receipts, notes from various parks, post cards, swirly sticks, etc) into the envelope and then stick it into a larger folder where I have my travel plans. (Sheets from the passporters guides are a great reminder when you're back home and suffering from post Disney amnesia!) That way, when I get home, all my scrappy items and travel notes are in one folder, and I just need to sort through all of my hubby's photos to figure out which ones I want to scrap.

Kellie

I am about to finish my first scrapbook-Disney 2007. I went in order by parks visited, then characters, then meals. It will probably be about 75 pages by the time I'm finished. :eek: My leather album I bought at Disney World is bulging!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter