Cast Member Dining Plan friends and family discount

ZoeysMommy0308

Mouseketeer
I have a 40% F&F discount booked for our resort. They told us to keep checking back to see if the dining may come available for a discount. Has anyone ever experienced this? We go march 23-31st. I dont want to keep calling back and annoying the people if its extremely unlikely that an offer like that will come open. :flower1:

Yes. It comes out pretty close to travel dates and it's not guaranteed.

You're getting a different CM every time you call. It's not bugging anyone. It's their job. But you're not beating the same person over the head or anything.

Ask your CM friend who booked it for you to keep an eye out for those dates to open up to F&F. Last year it was simple for the F&F rooms to get the dining but it had to be booked on the promo to get the dining. Not sure if this year has changed or not.

I'm in the same boat. Friends and family room discount booked for early May.

Instead of constantly bugging my friend, can I call Disney Travel directly to check if F&F dining discounts are being offered at any time?

Also, does anybody know historically what months F&F dining discounts have been offered?

Thanks!

I'm in the same boat. Friends and family room discount booked for early May.

Instead of constantly bugging my friend, can I call Disney Travel directly to check if F&F dining discounts are being offered at any time?

Also, does anybody know historically what months F&F dining discounts have been offered?

Thanks!

You can call

Does anyone know if October is out yet for F & F CM discount?

We are planning a trip and will also be using the F&F room discount, but getting our park hopper tickets through the military. Can we get a dining plan? It has been a few years since we stayed on property, and we have never done the dining plan before, but DH is interested in it this time. I have been searching the board for this, and this is the closest to our situation I have found!
:disrocks: :tigger:

Yes, we are booked on a F&F in a few weeks and got our tickets through UT and we were able to add on the dining plan.

Last time we went we used the CM discount on the room and also got a discount on dining, however when we added dining the discount on the room became less and the dining was almost half price. Either way i'll take it. Does anyone know if we call and not the CM can we still get the discount on the dining?

So, my CM cousin booked us Friends and Family Discount for October...I called to add dining plan and she said that the only way I can add dining is if my cousin is staying in the room with us and that the F and F discount does not allow dining to be added. I asked if my cousin could add it and make it a package and she said, no...that they don't allow it..I told her I've done it before and she said, well, they must have stopped it. I know she's wrong and it's so annoying.

My cousin is going to call and try to figure out what to do today.

Can I call myself if I have a reservation with a CM discount (DD's DCP friend, were going to visit) ? I would love to add a dining plan. If so does anyone have the number?

Last time we went we used the CM discount on the room and also got a discount on dining, however when we added dining the discount on the room became less and the dining was almost half price. Either way i'll take it. Does anyone know if we call and not the CM can we still get the discount on the dining?

Once your reservation is booked you can call to make changes.

So, my CM cousin booked us Friends and Family Discount for October...I called to add dining plan and she said that the only way I can add dining is if my cousin is staying in the room with us and that the F and F discount does not allow dining to be added. I asked if my cousin could add it and make it a package and she said, no...that they don't allow it..I told her I've done it before and she said, well, they must have stopped it. I know she's wrong and it's so annoying.

My cousin is going to call and try to figure out what to do today.

She may not be wrong. They change up what's offered and restrictions all the time. It's not a given.

They can't make the CM discount rooms packages, so that's correct. You can only add a CM dining plan (whether full price or discounted) to a CM reservation, so if they are only offering it on CM discounted rooms and not FF there wouldn't be anything else you could do.

I'd call again and talk to someone else to see if they give you the same answer. Make sure to ask if there's a full price plan available to add, in case the other CM was only looking for a discounted one.

Also looks like we might be there around the same time :) where are you staying?

Can I call myself if I have a reservation with a CM discount (DD's DCP friend, were going to visit) ? I would love to add a dining plan. If so does anyone have the number?

You can call the main reservation number. They can help you. The CM number takes them to the same cast members.

You can call the main reservation number. They can help you. The CM number takes them to the same cast members.
So call the main CRO number and give them my reservation number? Will they be able to tell me if there is a discounted dining plan offered then? The trip is next month, is now to early to call? Thanks

So call the main CRO number and give them my reservation number? Will they be able to tell me if there is a discounted dining plan offered then? The trip is next month, is now to early to call? Thanks

Yep, they can tell you. It's not too early. If it's not out by now the chances are slim it'd be coming out for your time frame.

Last edited:
We went on on CM discounted room last year and they never offered the CM discounted dining plan. I just figured they were starting to phase it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter