~*~Cassie LIVE~*~ Day Two ~ Tacky Souveniers & a Dive In Movie

>>^..^<<

Flat Cat
Welcome to Day 2 ~ Sunday August 17th

Spiderman was my wake up call today ~ although the barking dog down the hall could have sufficed.

The beds here at Hard Rock are very comfy and I forgot to mention the turndown service last night, they left a bucket of ice, fresh towels, emptied the garbage pails and left a little happy face ball on the beds. Tonights turndown was fuzzy animal pens...ice, towels etc... it is a nice touch as they put music on, close the drapes and put the low lighting on, nice to arrive back to in the evening.

This morning we visited the lounge for breakfast and I was witness to hoards of parents & their children trashing it... Way too many people for the space allowed and everyones plate whether standing or sitting or loitering by the elevators was piled high with jelly donuts etc...

As I stood in amazment and was about to retreat with breakfast to our room...a family abruptly stood from a table right in front of me and left. I wasn't quite sure they were done as the entire table surface was covered with cups, half eaten food, plates of untouched food, napkins.. etc.. I quickly sat there and claimed my territory immediately receiving stares and grumblings from other club floor guests yet to find a spot to consume their donut.

I asked a staff member who was fighting his way through the maddening throng with a tray of mini cereal boxes if he could help me clear the table and wipe it down. He gave me a look bordering on frustration and resentment but did soon return with a cloth to help me tidy up.

For breakfast they had the aforementioned donuts in several varities plus fresh fruit salad, things for toasting (ie) bagels and breads and several cereals..... there was plenty of food but just not enough room to enjoy it. The coffee is good here by the way.

We finished eating quickly as families were staring at our coveted location like your dog stares at you when you eat a steak dinner... and we were off to the water taxi & Universal Studios where we arrived at 10:00am. Our plan today was to do 5 specific rides, have lunch and be back to the pool as today we had Cabana #2 and tonight was the Dive In Movie.

We arrived at Universal and headed for the new attraction Shrek 4D, the regular line had a 40 minute wait.. but not us, no siree, we had Front of the line access and were in the preshow torture chamber in 2 minutes flat. Shrek was a great show with fun effects... I am not going to post spoilers but will tell you it is similar in ways to Honey I shrunk the Audience.

We came out of Shrek feeling good about life and walked across to Jimmy Neutron - also a new attracton - the regular line was 45 minutes... I think not! we have FOTL Access and are immediately admitted. What a great ride/show it is.. some good fun and even Spongebob squarepants is there...

Next we walk over to ET who's voice was not working today so he didn't thank us (which he usually does) anyway.. we love that ride. Then we did one we never tried before a kiddie coaster called Woody Woodpeckers Nuthouse Coaster - it was quick, 30 second ride, but fun for little kids. (This was a bonus ride not on our agenda)

Next was Back to the Future - bumpy, bumpy, nearly coming off that ride with a concussion and dislocated shoulder... LOL - by the way it was 30 minute wait.... NOT! We were on in 5 minutes with FOTL access.

Next was Men In Black... 45 minute wait and again.. we were shown right in and a quick walk to the boarding area - no time to even slowdown and look at the preshow stuff... right on the ride, quick as that and our scores sucked. lol

It is now 11:30am we have one more ride on our list to complete. We headed for "Jaws" and again the FOTL access was amazing - there was a posted 35 minuted wait and we breezed by and straight on. We are now done our ride list :) and it is barely noon.

On the way out of the park Noel spotted her first tacky souvenier... it is something shaped like a surfboard about a foot long and made of wood with a painting of dolphins jumping on one side... it was $15.00.. I hope she enjoys it :rolleyes:

We arrived at the Margaritaville restaurant and were seated immediatly near the Volcano :) the music is great and the atmosphere fun and lively, the restauant is also sort of open air so it is very comfortable, breezy and cool

Noel ordered a chocolate shake and the kids spaghetti and meatballs.. I had an ice tea and the Jerk-Shrimp pasta which was very good. Noel spotted a kid at the next table blowing up a beach ball that said Margaritaville on it.. and decided she had to have one for the pool.

She has her own hotel charging card so off she went to buy it in the margaritaville giftshop. We then grabbed a water taxi back to the Hard Rock and came up to our room to change it was 1:00pm now and the room was still not serviced.

We then went to the pool to check out our Cabana... I highly recommend Cabana # 1 or # 2 on the Dive in Movie night, they are directly opposite the screen and perfect for viewing the movie.

We again had a fridge with 6 sodas and 2 waters, a fruit basket & towels & TV. We went swimming with the new ball and before long some kids had taken it and I had to go rescue it. Noel met a new friend... a little girl from Norway who was very pale and blonde. she spent several hours with us and I put some sun lotion on her and gave her a soda & some fruit in the cabana when we were having a break from the sun watching some Cartoon Network. I wasn't sure where her parents were and neither was she. Her name was Cecilia and she spole perfect English and was very sweet... she had just arrived that day and later (much later) when her parents arrived at the pool I found out they had had some problems with their reservations and room.. etc

Anyway Cecilia stayed with Noel and I the whole day/evening and I bought her pizza for dinner as she had not eaten by 7:00pm when we ordered some food in the cabana... maybe this is how it works in Norway LOL... desert your kid with kind foreign strangers :)

I came back to the room at 4:30pm to grab my camera and the room was still not serviced... I dialed the star service button and they apologized and said they would look after it. By the time we got back after the movie it was done. I am surprised as there were housekeepers right outside our door this morning when we left for the park.

The Dive In Movie... very cool! The film was Jimmy Neutron, the picture quality and sound were excellent and kids and parents had a great time watching while swimming or sitting around the pool. After the movie I collected Noel all wrinkled from the water and said goodnight to Cecilia - who said she thought she knew where her parents were :confused:

Well, this is the second day I never even thought to check out the food offerings in the lounge - even though we were in the resort... we were just having too much fun at the pool to get dressed to go to the lounge. During the movie I came up to get a coffee and the lounge was empty - also there was no food/snacks/cookies etc... so maybe that explains it. :)

The weather today was PERFECT... sunny and clear, not too humid, breezy... no rain at all - a great day... 2 more weeks of this? is it possible?

Thanx for reading... tomorrow we hit Islands of Adventure and see if Noel is tall enough for the Hulk.

Goodnight from the Hard Rock

>>^..^<<

I am really enjoying your reports. I found the club level to be just as you describe it. Trust me, after a couple more nights you will not want to be near there at 5:00, LOL

We also loved the turndown service, it was great to come back to a softly lit room, with music playing, fresh ice, treats on the pillow, fabulous!

I hope that poor little girl found her parents! Can you imagine letting your little girl, hang out by the pool by herself!!! Thank goodness you bought her some pizza and kept an eye on her.

Enjoy, I hope your DD is tall enough for the Hulk, it is smooth and FUN!

O.K
You know the Norway ride in EPCOT? whenever I hear mention of anyone/anything from Norway I hear that booming voice saying NOOORWAY! and that Norway seems cold dark and very isolated. It was good for that young girl to get out and play with Noel, maybe her parents were busy looking up at the sky wondering what that bright ball was?!? Good thing I wasn't there, I would have just had to say NOOORWAY and it probably would have frightened her!

Hey I remember you once told of how Jaws was the one ride that unnerved Noel...did she take it better this time?

And now I'm diggin' the Cabana and a Movie? Do I have to start reading the Universal boards?

Keep having fun so I can keep reading. I miss vacation!
Tammy

LOL Tammy... yes, I asked her about Norway and EPCOT and she had never been there... I think norweigian kids are very independant or something LOL... she hardly seemed concerned at all... she was extremely polite and a little serious - I felt like it was my good deed for the day.

PS - Noel still jumps out of her skin when the shark comes up

>>^..^<<

I'm so glad to see you made it to HRH!! - Enjoying your reports - we'll be there in Jan - also glad to hear that you recommend cabanas 1 or 2 for movie night - we have # 1 reserved for our trip - need the cabana as we'll have my "coming-any-day-now" grandbaby with us! - keep the posts coming!:bounce: :bounce:

Sounds like you had a great day, despite the barking dog and the breakfast hordes! Have fun again today and we're dying to know if Noel makes the Hulk! I think I will tell Hayley we are going on Friday ( yeah...so I won't get my tropical drink) but I don't think I can stand the whining much longer about "it's not fair" that Noel gets to go , besides if I don't tell her I may never get her out of bed at 4:00am on Saturday!

Keep us all posted!!!

Cassie,

So, did you try out that FOTL thing I've heard about? What did you think? ;)

Thanks for the updates!

SuAnne... don't tell her! you have held out so long.... and you will lose your tropical drink at AKL :(

Sorry I didn't see your PM until this morning - I will let you know about the Hulk tonight.

~~~~~~

Dr. Tomorrow... whats FOTL mean? Never heard of it ;p

>>^..^<<

Wahhhh!! I wanna be there right now!! It sounds like you are having a fabulous time!!! :D :D :D FOTL access sounds priceless!

The regular lines don't sound too bad! You could have stayed at the Motel 6 down the road. Sounds like you really would have enjoyed roughing it.:p :p :p

ps. Can we come on your next vacation?

Just wanted to tell you to keep living it up - you know we are all living vicariously through you. Actually - as soon as I got in this morning I thought - "I have to go see how Cass and Noel's day at Universal was!" How warped is that? It's like a Soap Opera! LOL.

Sorry to hear about the lounge - I was debating on upgrading, but may rethink the decision. Keep the reports coming!

HI Cassie! Thanks for letting me daydream...it sounds like you are having a great trip!! I'm a little concerned about the sounds of the lounge w/the free breakfast and snacks though, should we be paying twice as much to deal with all the hoards, or do you think they won't be as bad in mid October?? Also we will be at RPR, or does it matter? I just don't want to be irritated that we paid that much more if we will have to put up with rude obnoxious people. Maybe its the season, because school is still out?? After you mentioned the desserts (oreos and rice krispy treats) I am a little hesitant also, although the other snacks sounded okay (veggies and dip, chips and guacamole, etc.) What type of beer and wine do they offer? I mean is it bottled beer, or the cheap canned versions?? I'm just curious...thanks! Kelly

Yup, just like Disobsessed said.........

Just wanted to tell you to keep living it up - you know we are all living vicariously through you. Actually - as soon as I got in this morning I thought - "I have to go see how Cass and Noel's day at Universal was!" How warped is that? It's like a Soap Opera!

I did the same thing this morning. I am developing a severe case of "Cass Envy". I think my husband has been worried ever since I screeched, " Cabanas? You mean you can rent a cabana? ":)

You know USO and HRH should comp your trip. You're a great advertisement.
Keep posting, please, I'm enjoying the trip thoroughly. Gotta go check on this cabana thingy.
Kathi

Originally posted by alaskantwinks
HI Cassie! Thanks for letting me daydream...it sounds like you are having a great trip!! I'm a little concerned about the sounds of the lounge w/the free breakfast and snacks though, should we be paying twice as much to deal with all the hoards, or do you think they won't be as bad in mid October?? Also we will be at RPR, or does it matter? I just don't want to be irritated that we paid that much more if we will have to put up with rude obnoxious people. Maybe its the season, because school is still out?? After you mentioned the desserts (oreos and rice krispy treats) I am a little hesitant also, although the other snacks sounded okay (veggies and dip, chips and guacamole, etc.) What type of beer and wine do they offer? I mean is it bottled beer, or the cheap canned versions?? I'm just curious...thanks! Kelly

Hi there.. breakfast was a litle better this morning, less people but we came later. There were no tables though so I took the food back to the room to enjoy there.

I stopped by the club level lounge this afternoon and there were no snacks of any kind... right now (6pm) Noel says there is hotdogs.. she went to get herself a DVD and saw them.. but we are not hungry as we had a late lunch.

I saw a few guests with bottled beer... I have no idea about the wine.. have not seen it yet. I am yet to see chips and guacamole... nothing like that so far.

>>^..^<<

Thanks again for taking time out of your vacation to keep us posted! I'm enjoying your vacation!

Isn't it funny how people who don't even know you (myself included) are so excited for you and think of your trip while at work????? I was at work and saw this post and thought all day "Gee, I hope they are having fun!!!"

Thanks for keeping us posted!!!

Thanks Cassie, I'm not too thrilled with the prospect of hot dogs for the evening snack either~I read about the chips and guacamole from some one who posted when they stayed at club level @ the Royal Pacific. They also mentioned cheese/crackers, veggies/dip, and other yummy sounding food. Maybe because they are two different hotels, they just cater to a different crowd? I'm just praying there are no barking dogs on our floor!!!

I don't know, all I know is that I'm pretty sure that between the beer and wine and all the snacks and breakfast items, I think we'll still be okay paying about $80 more per night vs. the entertainment rate. That will take care of all 4 of us, the kids will enjoy the sodas and snacks, and I'll enjoy the snacks and bottled water and such. Also the turn down service sounds nice. Can't wait until October!! FOTL here we come!!

During our August trip they had bottled Bud, Bud Light, and Heinieken (sp). I remember the mini hotdogs well - yuck! My kids enjoyed them though. They pretty much put out the same spread - veggies, cheese cubes, some kind of bread, and then the appetizer - chicken wings, hotdogs, meatballs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter