~*~Cassie LIVE~*~ Day Five ~ Message in a Bottle

>>^..^<<

Flat Cat
~ Hi and Welcome to Day Five ~ Wednesday August 20th ~

Well, after an all day walking tour at Sea World yesterday ~ I needed a day to recover from my sore feet. We awoke to gorgeous blue skies and sunshine and after breakfast in the lounge we headed straight for the pool.

Todays Cabana was #10 and it's theme is the "Musiquarium" with tropical fish and Stevie Wonder ceiling murals and borders. This cabana also had different furniture from the other cabanas, large muskoka chairs, black with large tropical fish painted on them. I loved location of this cabana, close to the hot tub, slide, bar and pool.. and also a perfect view of the Hard Rock Hotel from inside.

We were in the pool swimming by 9:30am and Noel convinced me to go down the slide... wow it was fast and fun, and longer than it looks from the water, I went a couple of times as at this hour of the morning there was no lines of kids waiting.

Very soon Noel had met a bunch of girls and was off having a good time and I retreated to the Cabana for a rest. It was 11:00am - Die Hard II was coming on.. so I ordered a pina colada and watched Bruce Willis kill bad guys during a snow storm at an Airport... cool!

Occasonally I had a look out to see what Noel was doing - she has just recently learned to swim so I like to check that she is not drowning - however the life guards are very diligent and keep a good eye on the kids... she was having the time of her life. :)

I forgot to tell you all I have been indulging in some nice frozen drinks from the pool bar. At least 1 a day so far - but as today was my R & R day - why not have a few more ;)

While I was watching the movie - I noticed it was getting dark out again *sigh*, the pool staff started to batten down the hatches so to speak - by closing and tying the umbrellas down and picking up all the towels. The waitress said a storm was coming in but just rain not lightning... I guess they have doppler radar behind the bar.

Anyway it was now 1pm and Noel returned with news that she was starving and it was starting to rain. We closed the side panels of our little cabana and ordered lunch of pizza and chicken wings, chocolate milkshake & margarita ;) It started pouring as lunch arrived, we were so cozy in there watching the WB channel, daffy duck and bugs bunny cartoons as a storm raged outside our little Stevie Wonder hide-away.

By the time we finished eating the storm had passed and people were returning to the pool deck. It was a little cool with the wind so we went in the hot tub - very hot, as in you can only go in a bit at a time and it takes about 10 minutes to finally get all the way in!

We both headed back to the pool and swam until 430pm - it was a gorgeous afternoon, a little overcast but not humid, just perfect.

I tempted Noel away from the pool with promises of riding JAWS and she agreed. We went to the room to change and caught a water taxi to Universal. We were there by 5:15pm and our first stop was Shrek... 90 minute wait - NOT. FOTL is the only way to go. This time we sat at the front in the theatre and I did not like it, the effects are much better from the back rows - so remember that if you are in SHREK.

Next we went to Jimmy Neutron and again - we somehow ended up at the front - you definately want to be at the back for this attraction too.

Next was Terminator II - I like this show, Cyberdyne Industries and Sky NET taking over the planet. the show was odd though, there was no motorcycle like there usually is. So you hear the motorcycle but Arnold just walks on stage and says 'Come with me if you want to live" then you hear the motorcycle screech away but they run off stage.. weird. Anyway, the rest was good - one of my favourite 3D attractions.

Day 5 is entitled ~Message in a Bottle~ and you are probably wondering - "What can Cass mean by that?" Well, in the preshow for Terminator II there was a little boy who kept telling his parents he had to go potty. They kept telling him - to wait and the show would be over soon, and he kept saying "Gotta go potty" and they were getting more and more annoyed with him, finally he started screaming "Potty - gotta pee, gotta pee " he was getting louder and more insistant and everyone was looking at them.

The Mom asked if anyone had an empty water bottle and there was a collective "Ewww" from the crowd. To my amazement someone actually chugged their water down to provide this woman with an empty evian bottle. Well you can guess what happened next... the little kid pee'd in the bottle while his mom held it for him on her knees... the crowds parted like the red sea for this... everyone wanted to be away from these people. The Mom capped the bottle and put it in her purse - I was starting to think she could have just let him pee in there to begin with. :rolleyes: As the doors were opening the kid started saying he had to go "number 2" I don't think there is a water bottle designed for that.

After Terminator it was 7:00pm and we still wanted to do MIB and JAWS before the park closed at 8:00pm. On the way over to MIB Noel saw the E.T. sign and decided to skip MIB to see her favourite extra-terrestrial. We have a funny little thing we do here at E.T. we always give fake names when we get our intergalactic passport (like Ariel and Aurora) and then laugh like crazy when .E.T. thanks us for helping save his planet.

Yesterday E.T. did not have a voice when we went through using the names Serina and Sigourney but today we had a huge laugh when E.T. thanked Melody and Fiona at the end of the ride :) Noel is funny when she tells the passport giver her "fake" name, she sort of stammers it out and you can tell she is lying - it is funny to me but the Universal person just thinks we are weird, Noel is always afraid they are going to ask her to spell it - she would be like a dear in the headlights if that happend :)

After E.T we had time to do Jaws twice - we love this ride, yes it is corny, yes the acting is lame, yes the gas flame throwers singe the hairs on my arms... but still there is nothing like a big shark attacking your boat. So after doing Jaws twice we we content and walked to City Walk where I promised Noel she could do a game. She won a yellow tropical plush fish and was happy.

We were still not hungry enough for a big dinner after our pizza and wings this afternoon - we decided to just get some chips from the gift shop and right now noel is crunching on the bed and watching a DVD.

You are probably tired of hearing about this portable DVD player but I can't tell you enough about how great it is. Noel has not even turned on the big TV in the room, she loves to get in bed, pick a dvd and watch her her little player, the sound and the picture is excellent.

I stopped by the club lounge tonight to get a bottle of water and it was pretty quiet. Again they had chocolate and vanilla puddings, oreos, chips ahoy and rice krispie treats.

Tomorrow is our last full day here at Universal - it is scary how quickly the time is passing. We shall be attempting to sneak Noel past the height requirement police at the Hulk again :) and I know Noel will be begging for Jurassic Park River Adventure too.

I still have 4 dinner vouchers left (2 adult, 2 child) and only one day left to use them. It has just been so convenient to eat at the pool cabana instead of going to a restaurant. I shall try to plan a little better tomorrow and maybe have an early lunch and a late dinner at 2 of Universal's fine establishments.

Until then... good night from the Hard Rock

OMG!!!!! That is too funny!!!! I cannot believe that family did that!!!! I almost choked on my drink while reading it. LOL..... My son did this to us a few times on our trip, (3 yr old) "I have to go potty" as we are walking in to the show/ride, but as frustrating as it was, we would NEVER result to those extremes!!!!! Maybe someone would of donated their oversized SpongeBob Square Pants mug for the second part of the saga!!!! LOL.....:D

Great report and thanks for sharing!!!!! Isn't it crazy how time flies when your having fun!

LOL @ the "message in a bottle".:teeth: And to put the bottle in her purse???.........:earseek: Theme park behavior never ceases to amaze me.

I love being able to have relaxing days on vacation. Sounds like you had a nice one at the pool. I didn't realize there was a Stevie Wonder themed cabana. I'd love to see pictures of that. Enjoy your last day at Universal. Time sure does fly.:D

You are right about the portable DVD player.

One of the best purchases we ever made. :D

What kind do you have?

It sounds like you are having a great time. :D

Hi there floridafam ;)

It is a MINTEK with a 7 1/2 inch screen. and a godsend during a power outage.

Spidey.... tomorrow when I see those sponge bob square pants bottles I am going to crack up :) thinking about what you said.

>>^..^<<

Thanks for a great laugh!!!! :jester:
Can't wait to be back in cabana #10 - your description even makes me hope for a rain shower (a very brief one!):smooth:

Cassie, I love the way you describe things, you've got a great sense of humor! I am looking forward to each and every day of your trip. Will you be posting the rest of the Disney trip too? If so, will it be on the Disney area?

That is so disgusting of that mother to allow her child to wait that long that he has to pee in a bottle! I swear the Beverly Hillbillies seem to come out of the woodwork on vacations!!

I'm really considering getting our kids a mini DVD player now! Maybe Christmas though, this trip is going to cost us a fortune as it is! I am thinking of renting one on the way down, Im pretty sure I've seen the places in airports...

What meal vouchers were you talking about? Is it part of a package deal?

Thanks again, and we are anxiously awaiting more!! Kelly

:Pinkbounc :bounce:

OMG ~ Message in a bottle, that is cracking me up. I have the Police song ringing in my ears. I would have died of embarrasement!!!

Glad you both are having such a great time.

Great report Cassie! I'd like to know about the food vouchers too.

You realize Cass that you better not be holding a

Bottle with anything Lellow in it when I meet You!

I'll never be able to drink Iced Tea Again without laughing!

Scratch
:smooth:

Ahh, my new morning routine, coffee and the Cassie Report. Don't know what I'm gonna do when your vacation is over. Thanks for another great report. Hope Noel passes the Hulk test and that you both keep having a grand time!
Kathi

I love your reports! I was telling my mom aboutt eh Sea World tour for $80 and we are seriously thinking of doing that when we finally get to Sea World. It's $80 plus admission, right?

Also, how much is the Cabana rental? That's sounds like a lot of fun, if you are going to hang out at the pool all day. I saw a great FL resident rate at HR for $169. FOTL pass sounds awesome!!!!

Good Morning all :)

----------

susy - yes the Adventure Express 80.00 is on top of park admission - with my Universal package I had admission to Sea World on my pass.

Cabana - I am staying on the Club Level so I get a regular cabana for 40.00 a day or a themed one for 70.00. Non Club is 75.00 and 100.00

----------

Scratch - ice tea is okay - it's the lemonade you should be concerned with :)

----------

muffy & alaskantwinks. With my package there were vouchers for a meal at the hard rock cafe or some other choices (have to look) but in addition to that when I booked I bough a couple of more dining experiences vouchers. I think they were 30.00 for adults and 15.00 for kids. and they are good at Mythos, Lombanrds landing, Pastamore, o'briens, Motown, Nascar, nbA and a few more - I used 2 the other day at Mythos but I have 4 left.

>>^..^<<

Cassie,

Thanks so much for posting each day. I went to bed early last night and woke up with your report to look forward to reading!

Like everyone else - "Message in a bottle" - amazed me. Mom really must have had a lot of faith in her little one's aim! I can't imagine putting a little one through that, or putting everyone around me through that! Yikes!!!

Enjoy that last full day at Universal. Is it BC first or AKL? If BC make sure you say "hi" to Art the Greeter. He is one of the reasons BCV feels like home when I get there. If he ever stops working I'll have to visit him at his house! My kids enjoyed trading with him, they had such a great chat that he reached in his pocket and gave them each a special "lanyard pin" - the kinds that cast memebers get and you can't buy.

I can't help but laugh about the Chip' Ahoy and Orieos. While I have to admit to having a sweet tooth and enjoying both of those, usually it is when I am alone at night and I have to unearth them from thier hiding spots in the back of the pantry. Not the type of thing I'd serve to guests!

Have a great day! I'll look forward to hearing about it.
Tammy

Just loving your trip reports, Cassie! :)

I am absolutely shocked over that mother's actions in a public place like that! She's obviously had a lot of practice at doing this! :eek:

Looking forward to your next installment tomorrow! :)

So enjoyable as ever. Great information about the Conci. "Cookies". I would not have expected rice krispies or oreos each night. Makes me miss the wonderful AKL Conci. If that is where you are headed, please drink a wonderful expresso for me from the famous machine. I miss it so!!!

Also I must go get the DVD player. We just have a VCR/TV Combo for the car. Did you like your brand?

Wish I were there - only a few weeks to go for me.

Also be safe in your adventures.

FeeFeeWhite,

The portable DVD players are great! We have a Panasonic 9' screen DVD-LA95. We love it!

It was the greatest thing for our last trip to Florida. Our kids actually told us to be quiet a few times because they wanted to pay attention to the movie that was playing.

It also has great sound. We looked at having one installed in our car but were not as happy with the sound on those-they may have not had a big selection in stock when we were looking.

Thanks for such an entertaining report! 70 more days to go, and I can't wait! (Even though I just came back on the 12th, I have never been to Universal)

Oh my! Thank goodness she didn't ask for a Mountain Dew bottle instead.

Have a great last day!

If you have a free minute, can you tell me about the meal vouchers too? I like to plan these things ahead of time. Like getting a gift certicate to Emeril's so we don't feel like we're spending any $ on the trip!

Cassie, I am so enjoying all of your trip reports! Would somebody please slap me if I ever become a parent like that? Geeze, take your poor kid to the bathroom! I would have had to say something.

You have me seriously thinking about getting a DVD player for my DD. She is 2 1/2 and we have 3 disney trips coming up in the next 5 months. The ones I am considering are Mintek. I have never heard of this brand - but you are happy with it? Would you recommend getting an extra battery for it? My DH thinks I am crazy for wanting to get one:p

Enjoy your last day at universal!! We were thinking about adding on a day at the Royal Pacific just to get the FOTL access for our October trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter