• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Caskbill's New Tracker!!!!!!!!!!

IndianaMouseLover

Mouseketeer
FYI- Caskbill's new tracker 1.76 is now available for downloading!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Maybe this is old news but not to me!

This made my evening after having a very rough Friday at school. (I am an elementary principal:goodvibes)

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

:thumbsup2

I, too, was very pleased to get 1.76, as my installed version of 1.75 had not been working for the past month, since it was expired. :scared1:

I followed Caskbill's instructions from his site, first uninstalling 1.75, and then installing 1.76 in the same directory. My old database was correctly found and converted, and I was quickly entering the newest reservations I had made in the past month. I wish every upgrade with a Windows program went this smoothly! :rolleyes1

Congratulations and thanks to Caskbill for making it all work so well -- I'm sure the final release to 1.80 will be even better. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Yea! Caskbill! Just sorry that so many changes will have to be made come Jan 2008, so not your fault!!!!!

I am in no way assuming that this has to/will happen, just realized that it probably sounded that way.

Well, this was news to me. I have just updated everything, so thanks for the heads up! We were out of town a lot in July, if it was discussed then. :cool1:

Does this version work with Vista?

Quoting from Bill's website (with my emphasis)...

NOTE: the Current pre-release versions of DVC-Tracker will not work with Windows VISTA as the majority of the program was developed before Vista was released and VISTA specifications were made available. The final release version is being modified so it will work with Vista.

Peter

Where can you down load this? Is Caskbill a DVC only program?

To find it google Caskbill. These are programs to help plan and track points for DVC. They are free and I played around with them while trying to decide if we should join. It helped us decide how many points we were going to need assisted with many other questions we had to decide.

I downloaded 1.76 this morning and like a miracle all my reservations from 1.75 appeared. I don't know how I would manage my points without this and DVC planner. Thanks for all your hard work on our behalf.

I got it all downloaded and setup correctly (had to start over once) a few days ago.
Sadly, I will have to do it all over again soon because there is a virus on that computer (has nothing to do with DVC Tracker) and I will likely have to reformat the HD to fix it. Oh well, at least I know how to set it up already.
:headache:

I got it all downloaded and setup correctly (had to start over once) a few days ago.
Sadly, I will have to do it all over again soon because there is a virus on that computer (has nothing to do with DVC Tracker) and I will likely have to reformat the HD to fix it. Oh well, at least I know how to set it up already.
:headache:

If you haven't already reformated your HD save the database for the tracker on a floppy disk or some other media. Than you won't have to start from scratch. When you reformat your HD you will lose everything. I had that happen to me a while back.

If you need assistance on saving you tracker database I might be able to walk you through it.:surfweb:

Thanks Indiana, I will try to get it backed up to disc. I won't sweat it if I can't though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter