Case of Water for 3 ppl- 5 Days- Worth getting it?

We typically spend the arrival day heading to Target in Kissimmee to stock up on water, soda, late night snacks, etc... Walking around any of the parks with extra weight can be burdensome so we usually bring one bottle of water each. The parks have plenty of water fountains to refill, some better than others (i.e. Epcot among the easiest to spot). True, the fountain water will not be nearly as cold as refrigerated water but it will serve it's purpose.

We normally just get the free water at counter service, but I keep hearing how awful the food lines are lately, and the strong advice to use mobile order. So... can I realistically still get free water? Like without a meal and without waiting 30 minutes? This thread made me think that maybe we should bring some water in on this trip since I don't want to immediately be standing in a huge line for free water.

We arrive on a Sunday afternoon and depart on Friday morning early. I've been reading about all the different grocery locations to get things delivered to the hotel. We are staying at BWV- so will have a full kitchen but I'm not planning on cooking =-) But DH and DS drink water like crazy. Can you bring unopened water into the park if I buy a case? DH & I drink coffee, so I can always use it for that also if it looks like we will have bottled left over....but how hard is it to get the free cup of water in parks? Thanks for any info!
even if you don't plan on cooking you can order water, soft drinks, snacks, beer, wine, granola bars, bananas and plenty of other grab and go items. You may not plan on cooking but you may just want a chill night in and just have a simple meal in the room such as a grocery store rotisserie chicken and a bag of salad. Just eating one meal in the room will easily cover any delivery costs. Dinner for 3 at a table service is easily $100.

Yesterday we spent 8hrs in the parks and it was HOT. We (3 of us) went through 15 bottles of water in the park plus I had stashed a few in the car with an ice pack in a cooler bag and we each got 1 more in the car on the ride home. 1 case will not be enough to last if it is hot and they drink a lot of water.

Slightly off topic, ..when we went with 6 kids. first day everyone got a bottle, kids drank some and then bottle flipping, spilling, water got warm....... The next couple of days, I bought a stack of small paper cups. Younger kids got cups, old kids got the 2/3 empty bottle. Everyone got a cold drink of water using two bottles. Kids still thirsty? Break out another bottle and give everyone a bit. No more keeping track of who's bottle is this.

We not only bring bottled water to the parks, but we drink it in our room. The water in Orlando just tastes nasty to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter