• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Carousel of Progress | Love it? Hate it? Update it? | Magic Kingdom

It may have changed from when it first open, but for the past 13 years it has been the same as far as I could tell.
It's been awhile. I don't know the exact date but there was a change at one point.

I love Carousel of Progress and never miss it.

I completely disagree with changing the last scene. I would be so upset and disappointed to see it go. I would be all for adding yet another scene, to portray real futuristic things, at this point, although I don't think that's possible without completely rebuilding the theater.

Having been going to WDW since opening year in 1971, this is something that means a lot to me. It didn't appear in Magic Kingdom until a few years after we started making yearly trips, but I always loved it. It's even more meaningful now, as an adult, knowing it's something that Walt himself designed for a World's Fair.

Back in 2002, it was only open part time and I was worried they planned to close it. I'm really glad that it's still here 15 years later.

It's one of the simple things that brings back a life time of memories for me at Disney. First, standing at the beginning of Main Street, looking down toward the castle. Unfortunately, now there are are always a bunch of photopass photographers up and down the middle of the street, making it somehow not the same. I try to overlook them and concentrate on the storefronts and castle.

My childhood favorite rides are still there - Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, Pirates of the Caribbean. But something about CoP just makes my day.

Love it! Love it!

Just rehab that last scene please. Maybe bring back the retro one from the 60's

I love CoP - It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow. A message that we could all use.

I think that the last scene should reflect the childhood of the average parent, so probably 80s right now.
Then I think that there should be an audio good bye that bridges the changes since then and encourages parents to point out the differences from their childhoods.
There's no way to update the last scene to keep it current. Even if they tried to update it every few years, it would probably always seem a little dated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter