Carousel of Progress and Photos

jhaig

Not The First To Pass This Way
Can you take non-flash pics (like from a smart phone) or video on COP? Going thru my scrapbooks from previous trips and realize I have nothing from this attraction.

I'm quite often wrong, but I thought that there was an announcement stating no photos or videos on CoP. That said, we have been the only ones in our section of the theater before.

I'm thinking CoP is one of the few attractions where they don't just say "no flash photos" but "no photos". Not sure why.

That's what I thought too. Wonder if it's an "intellectual property" thing.

I took a pic of my family once in the theater at La Nouba 20 minutes before the show even started, and you should have seen the response from the ushers. You would have thought I had pulled a gun or something.

Didn't think COP was that big of a deal to take a few photos at.

I believe no pictures is right. Though in one of the rooms (when they are around 1920) I had to take a picture of the frig as we have that same one at home.

I took a pic of my family once in the theater at La Nouba 20 minutes before the show even started, and you should have seen the response from the ushers. You would have thought I had pulled a gun or something.

The ushers at la nouba are ridiculous before the show starts.

I just looked back at some photos from our last trip in 2013 (too long ago!), and I do have some CoP photos. I do seem to remember that they used to say no photos or video, but the last time they said no flash photos or video. I asked my daughter, and she thinks that I did excitedly mention that they clearly said no FLASH photos that time instead of no photos.

I've wondered about this one for years. Sometimes they say no photos, but other times they only mention flash. I've taken pics from the back row when they only mention flash. This is based on recent visits. We've done it twice this month. Once was flash, and the other was none at all.

Ugh, this happened to me at "Love" in Las Vegas. Took a selfie long before the show started and it was like "SWARM SWARM SWARM". I realize that taking photos during the performance can be dangerous to the players, but the house lights were up, nobody was on stage, and people were milling around. I felt like a whipped puppy when the usherette was done with me.

GREAT show, BTW! Highly recommend it.

On 6/5 there was a specific announcement that there was to be no video or photos at all. I think if you sit in the very last row, screen brightness totally down, and no flash you would probably be OK. I've seen people do this before and nothing happened, but I am a huge worrier so I've never tried. This time they didn't even specifically mention flash photos, just no photos or videos at all. We sat in the very front row so it's very possible someone behind me took some and I just didn't see.

I'm usually very good about following the photo rules, and I know I take pictures on CoP every time, but always with no flash.

I would think if you caught the ride ay the right time there wouldn't be a lot of people on the ride so it shouldn't be a problem.

Hi, I was there at the end of May, and they said "no FLASH photos". Photos and/or video without flash is allowed.

I've heard both "no photography" and "no flash photography" over the last few years. I always listen carefully at the beginning, and when we went last month, they said, "no flash photography," so I turned off my flash and snapped photo after photo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter