Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bus service to the parks, was very slow?
Our average wait was about 30 plus mins.

By the middle of the week I just started driving our
car to the parks.

I noticed thier were signs up, about something
different with the bus routes.

Maybe it was just my luck?
I hope this was a fluke or something. After many trips renting a car, we are going to use the bus system this time.

The "back" entrance, also known as the International Gateway, is about a 1.2 mile walk from Aruba (the closest part of CBR to the IG). Just for comparison, a complete lap around the World Showcase Lagoon in Epcot is 1 mile.

It's not a dangerous walk, as there are sidewalks most of the way, but it is long and largely unshaded. You would walk out to Buena Vista Dr, cross at the crosswalk, and walk west along the sidewalk to the Hess station. Cut through the Hess station to the sidewalk that runs north along the back of the Boardwalk resort. After reaching the north side of the Boardwalk, take the path that cuts over to the waterfront and follow that path north across the bridge to the International Gateway. That, or you could take a cab to the Boardwalk for $10 (incl. tip).

icjlud.jpg

Thanks for the directions. Since there is no fitness center on site, we might take advantage of the long walk and call it a workout. Is there parking at this entrance.

Can someone give me info about the preferred section. I requested Martinique, is Trinada North closer? I am taking my 77 y.o. mom who needs to be as close as she can to food court, etc..

Are the all preferred sections getting the rehab right now to the Nemo rooms?

I think if you want to be guaranteed a room close to the food court, etc. you'd be better off paying for a preferred room rather then just requesting a certain building, IMO. Also, I believe so far only some of the buildings in the preferred sections have gotten or are in the process of getting a rehab to the Nemo rooms.

I do have a preffered room booked; just trying to find out if martinique or Trinidad are equally good choices?

Thanks for the directions. Since there is no fitness center on site, we might take advantage of the long walk and call it a workout. Is there parking at this entrance.

There is no parking at the International Gateway, but there is parking at the nearby Beach Club and Boardwalk resorts.

A much more pleasant walk would involve taking the bus to Disney's Hollywood Studios and walking from there to Epcot. It's also largely unshaded, but you're walking along the waterfront instead of a busy road. The walk from the DHS bus stop up to the Boardwalk, through the Boardwalk lobby, and along the path to the International Gateway is almost the exact same distance as the walk from CBR.

I do have a preffered room booked; just trying to find out if martinique or Trinidad are equally good choices?

They are supposed to be equally close. You do know there are no elevators at CBR though right? Just wondering if stairs are okay or not. You might need to request a ground floor room.

They are both good. While the pool construction was going on Martinique was the better choice. I know the rooms in Martinique have been refurbished, I don't think Trinidad North has been done.

There isn't a fitness center, but there is a path around the lake. Be safe walk at the resort and take the bus or drive to the parks. The routes from CBR to Epcot really isn't made for strolling or commuting.

No elevators?????? :confused3 Really?

Oh, I didn't know that, I have requested a high floor as well. We might struggle with our large suitcases with the stairs, I just assumed there would be elevators the same as at POFQ where we stayed last time.

A high floor at CBR is the 2nd floor so don't get too worried. Secondly, be sure to use the Magical Express service, they bring the luggage from the airport to your room and then use bell services at check out. That way you should not have to drag your luggage up stairs.

septbaby - um it's only DD and I this trip, I'm amazed there is no lift. :confused3 We are not coming direct from the airport, but from a Universal Hotel. We are from the UK and will have been shopping at the mall the day before, so I guess we are going to have a struggle up the stairs. :scared:

Can someone give me info about the preferred section. I requested Martinique, is Trinada North closer? I am taking my 77 y.o. mom who needs to be as close as she can to food court, etc..

Are the all preferred sections getting the rehab right now to the Nemo rooms?
We just got back and there is going to be a lot of walking for you unless you get a room next to old port royale(food) and one of the bus stops. we were in a room in Aruba right next to the bridge across from old port royale and I love walking so it's no problem for me, and getting to the bus stop was quite a walk also. About 1/4 to each and I would say we were close compared to some. But for your mom it may not be the hotel you want. Also, yes, there is water in the pools but I don't think it will be open for at least a month it was very disappointing for us and our 5 year old.

Really, you think another month??? I thought it was projected to be open by September 15th?? :confused3

Oh I think the pool will be opening on time or earlier. There are lounges sitting there now. It is pretty close to being finished.

Some of Martinique may be a little closer to Old Port Royale than Trinidad North.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter