car rental question

jacksonsmom

<font color=blue>Can you guess who I am a mom for?
Hello!

We need to rent a car for 2 days when we are down in Disney. I know there is Alamo (?) at the Dolphin/Swan (?)

What car companies are at Downtown Disney? Does anyone know if they are opened late? We won't be dropping the car back off until 8:00pm on the 2nd night, are the companies still open or would we have to wait until the next day to return the car?

We haven't rented cars too often in the past so I am so cluessless!

Thanks!

I checked into this about a month ago...
Hertz located in Kissimmee and will pick you up.
National is located at the Dolphin/Swan.
alamo is the main dis one now and is located at the car care center. National and Alamo are sister companies I think.
hope this helps some!

Hi

According to the Dollar website, they have an office in the Courtyard by Marriot hotel in dt disney.

If you are going to be in Orlando almost 2 weeks (read your other thread) how are you getting around the rest of the time.

It might be worth your while to rent a car for at least a week. Not that much more $$$.

herc.

Thank you for your replies.

Where is the car center? Is that in DT Disney?

Hercamore--

We were going to be in Disney for the rest of our vacation so we were going to relay on Disney transporation.

The only non Disney activites we are planning are Sea World & Kennedy Space Center, so we figured we would do those activities back to back.

I have thought about renting a car for a week but I just don't know if we will use it enough to get the extra money out of it. I should look to see how much more a week is vs. 2 days though. I am be surprised at the difference.

JM,

I always rent a car whether or not I am staying onsite or not. I love the flexibility of having my own transporation.

By the time I figure in using a towncar or mears to and from the airport, renting a car is not that much more..

herc.

You know, I never thought about it like that! (once you add in transporation to & from the airport vs. renting a car)

I think I am really going to have to play around & firgure out some numbers ;)

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter