Car rental locations for WDW...

We are flying down but was wondering if we should rent a car to go outside Disney. Any thoughts
Depending on how often and where off-property you want to go a rental car is often cheaper than taking a taxi.

One thing I haven't seen here is that airport rates change daily and are very competitive. Check weekly if not daily and you will probably find an on-airport quote better than the hassle of going off-site and arranging airport transportation.

One thing I haven't seen here is that airport rates change daily and are very competitive. Check weekly if not daily and you will probably find an on-airport quote better than the hassle of going off-site and arranging airport transportation.
You have to look at the whole rate, including fees. Airports may have cheaper base rates but they also add expensive location fees on top of it. I rented a car from TPA in July and the taxes and fees were 50% of the total cost of my rental.

Hi, I've just read through a few of the posts but still can't decide what our best option is.

We are driving up to Orlando from Miami after our Disney cruise, staying at POFQ, and we have dinner booked in at Fulton's for 6pm that night.

Do we choose Alamo, and one of us drops the car back to the CCC (after we have checked in and dumped our luggage & kids etc) then get the shuttle back to POFQ, or do we choose a rental company close to Downtown Disney and return it just before dinner and walk over (keep in mind this will be with four kids)??

Do all companies have a shuttle from the Miami Port? I know Hertz & Alamo do but I've not had to use any other so don;t remember seeing their shuttles.

do we choose a rental company close to Downtown Disney and return it just before dinner and walk over (keep in mind this will be with four kids)??
That's what I'd do but with one minor change. Have the driver drop you off with the kids at DTD first. Then only the driver needs to go to the return location and walk back to meet the rest of the family.

That's what I'd do but with one minor change. Have the driver drop you off with the kids at DTD first. Then only the driver needs to go to the return location and walk back to meet the rest of the family.
Ahhh even better idea! Thank you :)

We are traveling to FL in an RV. MCO seems to have the cheapest rates, but is it going to be a nightmare trying to get in and out of the rental office with an RV? We are staying at Windsor Hills and have someone with a car who can take us to pick up a rental, but I don't want it to be significantly more expensive. The downtown Disney locations are running us about $150 more for a 2 week rental.

We are traveling to FL in an RV. MCO seems to have the cheapest rates, but is it going to be a nightmare trying to get in and out of the rental office with an RV? We are staying at Windsor Hills and have someone with a car who can take us to pick up a rental, but I don't want it to be significantly more expensive. The downtown Disney locations are running us about $150 more for a 2 week rental.
Wouldn't you just be dropping of the driver-renter at the car rental place? Many of the rental offices are in the terminal -- you could go to short term parking. RV will fit.
Also, is CCC not a good price? That would have no trouble with RV while you fill out paperwork.

We are traveling to FL in an RV. MCO seems to have the cheapest rates, but is it going to be a nightmare trying to get in and out of the rental office with an RV?
You won't actually drive in and out of the office. All the MCO agencies (other than some small independent operators) have their cars right there at the airport. People just get off the plane and go down to the "T" (stands for Tunnel) level and walk over to the parking garage where the actual cars are. So, just pull into the airport and drop the driver off to get the car.

Any tips on picking up a rental in WDW but returning to MCO? Having different pick up/drop off seems to jack up the rates a lot.

Any tips on picking up a rental in WDW but returning to MCO? Having different pick up/drop off seems to jack up the rates a lot.

That's the case, rates are always a LOT higher if you're picking up and dropping off at different locations.

I just rented from Alamo at Shades of Green. You can easily walk there from the Polynesian or Grand Floridian. It is literally across the road from the Poly - one a paved path with a designated crosswalk. It was an easy .7 mile walk from the Grand Floridian Villas.
There was no wait. I had my car within minutes.
Super convenient
I highly recommend.

Also, be sure to re-check rates within the 2 week window. My rates dropped from $66/per day to $33/day (one way rental - drop off at FLL Airport)

Hoping for some help. We are a family traveling with two toddlers so planning on renting a car for some or all of our stay. We would prefer to rent in WDW rather than the airport so we can take advantage of ME and not have to juggle the babies and luggage at the airport. We are staying at the BW so Alamo seems to be the best bet convenience wise but not really price wise. How do I use a large search engine to search the specific locations that are all listed at the beginning of this thread? I want to make sure I don't book at a location that is impossible to get to!

That's the case, rates are always a LOT higher if you're picking up and dropping off at different locations.
Not always. Sometimes you can get a good rate if a location has vehicles that need to be transported off to another location, such as if the Disney car care center has an overabundance of vehicles that need to get back to MCO just before the holidays. (Car care has a huge parking area, whereas MCO is limited, so many cars are stored at Disney.)

We (me, DH, and 3 yo DS) are staying at POP pre-cruise, and plan to rent a car from National at the CCC to drive to Port Canaveral. The car reservation is for 8:30 the morning of the cruise. Since we are staying at POP, which is a good distance from the CCC, what would be the most efficient plan for the morning? One option is for DH to just take the shuttle on his own to get the car, then return to POP to get DS and me (and all our luggage). The other option is for all 3 of us to take the shuttle to rent the car, so we can just head out from there without going back to POP. Does the shuttle usually make multiple stops? How much time do we realistically need to allow for getting to CCC, and for driving back to POP? The first option would be simpler, but would take more time because of having to drive back to POP before leaving. With the second option, would we need to install the carseat in the shuttle for DS (I assume it's a car or van rather than a bus)?

Can't help on the question of multiple stops on the shuttle but I would suggest you send hubby to get the car and drive back to POP to get the family. That saves a lot of wrestling of luggage and rushing to get out of POP early. You could still be doing last minute packing and getting your son ready while hubby is off getting the car. Pop isn't terribly off the best route from CCC to the Port, so don't worry about the time. You don't say was your Port Arrival Time is, but figure 60-75 minutes drive time from WDW to the port.

I'm trying to search this information but having a hard time finding exactly where the closest drop off location is for Enterprise rental. I know it was in downtown Disney but now I can't seem to find confirmation of that and wonder if their no longer there? Does anyone know? Thanks

I'm trying to search this information but having a hard time finding exactly where the closest drop off location is for Enterprise rental. I know it was in downtown Disney but now I can't seem to find confirmation of that and wonder if their no longer there? Does anyone know? Thanks
According to Google its at 1905 Hotel Plaza Blvd, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Question...if I'm at OKW, and need to get to the Budget counter, at the Doubletree, how long will it take to get there? Figured u would take the boat to DS, then walk to the Doubletree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter