Capture Your Moment - Ask Questions and Share Experiences Here

Has anyone done the Fantasyland option? It starts at Sir Mickeys. I was taking off doing this after the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and it would be a much closer location. Wondering if the still get castle shots.
We did this after BBB. I have 7 year old twins. My daughter picked Ariel & my son picked Prince Naveen. Our photographer was great! She asked if there was particular locations we wanted and we told her to pick wherever she recommended. She had some signs available depending on if we were celebrating anything special- we used a “first visit” sign in some of the photos. She suggested 3 locations for us, based on their costumes- the front of the castle, the backside of the castle (with both the carrousel & the castle in the background), and outside of the Little Mermaid ride. We were very happy with the photos! I scheduled the session 2 hrs after their BBB appointment and the time worked out well.
Has anyone done the Fantasyland option? It starts at Sir Mickeys. I was taking off doing this after the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and it would be a much closer location. Wondering if the still get castle.

Has anyone done the Fantasyland option? It starts at Sir Mickeys. I was taking off doing this after the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and it would be a much closer location. Wondering if the still get castle shots.

I did for my birthday in May. We still did some castle photos, although they were off to the side (still looked great though). The photographer then let me pick what area of Fantasyland I wanted to focus on primarily. We did some photos in front of the carousel and at Haunted Mansion (both up close in the mausoleum area and from the boat dock with the mansion in the background) since that is my favorite ride. We also did the Main Street option last year. Both were great experiences.

We did all the parks except DHS last visit. By far our favorite was Epcot. We did Italy and it was amazing! I’ll post pictures later. MK was nice also but we had an incident under the castle where a guy was using his baby stroller as a bartering ram and yelled at us for stopping to take pictures and blocking the walkway. I told him we were paying for this session but he was a big jerk. Made me apprehensive for the rest of the shoot. AK was fun also but I really enjoyed the decor and privacy of Epcot the best. I’ll post pictures later. We didn’t do DHS because we figured not enough time.

I've read through some posts but trying to decide on which MK location for Nov. 22 (day before Thanksgiving). It will be 2 grandparents and 5 grandkids ages 4-11. Choice are Castle/Main Street or Castle/Fantasyland. We want to book midday after lunch and I know it may be a crowded day. Is one location significantly better for our situation than another?

Either location would be amazing for your family. They'll likely send 2 people, the photographer and a 'traffic cop' to assist with crowds where they can. They do this all the time and will get you some really nice, priceless shots - especially with the kids. We did the Main Street side of the castle (the 'front' of the castle), and the pictures were amazing. It included some shots off to the side of the castle near the entrance to Adventureland.

When we arrive for the shoot, can we tweak the location as in asking for the beast's castle in the background? With the ages and interests of the kids, I didn't want to be too tied to Fantasyland but definitely want castle pics.So that's why I'm leaning toward booking Main St./Castle. One of the parents could take the pics but I think it will be worth if for us to have a photographer and a crowd handler!

When we arrive for the shoot, can we tweak the location as in asking for the beast's castle in the background? With the ages and interests of the kids, I didn't want to be too tied to Fantasyland but definitely want castle pics.So that's why I'm leaning toward booking Main St./Castle. One of the parents could take the pics but I think it will be worth if for us to have a photographer and a crowd handler!

We did the Main St./Castle shoot two years ago (Fantasyland wasn't an option back then), and they took us as far back as the carousel when we asked--they seemed to imply that's as far as time would allow. I'm unsure if you were to book this package if they could go as far back as the Beast's castle, but I would think with the Fantasyland package you would have the opportunity for photos around Cindy's. Just tell your photographers what you would like and they will work with you as best they can. I have a Fantasyland package booked for my upcoming December trip so I too am looking forward to the possibilities with that!

For our late afternoon Main St. shoot, we only really had crowds in our photos by the Partners statue, which would be expected at that time of day. Along Main St, we got quite a bit of privacy--strategic poses, locations away from the main paths. We very much enjoyed the experience, and hope you will too no matter which package you choose. :)

Along Main St, we got quite a bit of privacy--strategic poses, locations away from the main paths. We very much enjoyed the experience, and hope you will too no matter which package you choose. :)
This is my hope! We are going on a party day so hopefully early afternoon crowds aren't too bad. But it is Thanksgiving week...We'll get what we get and hope we get a few great ones!

How do the photographers handle crowds in the pictures? I noticed most of the pictures on this thread didn’t have any. We are thinking about doing the new one they are starting in Galaxy’s Edge, but worried how the would get pictures(like at Millennium Falcon which is an option) with no people in the background.

I've read through some posts but trying to decide on which MK location for Nov. 22 (day before Thanksgiving). It will be 2 grandparents and 5 grandkids ages 4-11. Choice are Castle/Main Street or Castle/Fantasyland. We want to book midday after lunch and I know it may be a crowded day. Is one location significantly better for our situation than another?
Our experiences were that they had a second cast member that sort of acted as a “barrier” to keep people from cutting through the pictures. Also, especially in Epcot, we went to areas where there were no or very few people. It worked great except for the guy who tried to ram his stroller between our photo shoot under the castle. We were blocking his way as they were in the process of taking pictures and he yelled at us that it was a public walkway as he tried to ram us. I just told him that this was a paid experience and he finally went around. Epcot seemed like it was an area where no one went (it was in Italy) and AK was behind the tree of life (one of our favorite cut through). We did not do HS as we had a full day planned.

ETA: I’d also try for early morning.

We‘ve done CYM twice. First at AK and last trip MK.

Our experiences were that they had a second cast member that sort of acted as a “barrier” to keep people from cutting through the pictures.

This is how I’d describe it too. Two CMs go out with you. One takes pictures and the other helps direct traffic so strangers don’t end up between the camera and your party.

Gah, missed this by about a month :(

Another upvote here for early morning, first session offered. We did CYM at all four parks and the best results were for our HS shoot at 9:30 am. It also helps to luck out with an attraction closure…ToT was down that morning but the cast members allowed us back for some photos outside when our photogs asked.

From what I remember early morning in GE wasn’t too bad, quite sparse as we were arriving for a 9 am ressie at Ogas and it still wasn’t terrible when we left shortly after 9:30, the time when CYM slots were first available at HS during our visit. This was during mid-December when parks overall not terribly crazy. Still I would think at that time of day with some creative angles they could even make shots around the MF work, such as shooting up to avoid others to the extent possible.

I’d be keen to see photos from a GE session…we’ve had mixed results with CYM.

I have a session booked for my high school senior next week. I need to buy memory maker to get the photos? Is this correct?

Gah, missed this by about a month :(

Another upvote here for early morning, first session offered. We did CYM at all four parks and the best results were for our HS shoot at 9:30 am. It also helps to luck out with an attraction closure…ToT was down that morning but the cast members allowed us back for some photos outside when our photogs asked.

From what I remember early morning in GE wasn’t too bad, quite sparse as we were arriving for a 9 am ressie at Ogas and it still wasn’t terrible when we left shortly after 9:30, the time when CYM slots were first available at HS during our visit. This was during mid-December when parks overall not terribly crazy. Still I would think at that time of day with some creative angles they could even make shots around the MF work, such as shooting up to avoid others to the extent possible.

I’d be keen to see photos from a GE session…we’ve had mixed results with CYM.
We obviously haven't had a CYM in GE, but on several occasions the photopass photographers have taken extended time with our kids (teens who love Star Wars and dress like Batuu residents!) and we have gotten amazing shots of them. There are so many nooks and tucked away areas in GE that it looks like they are the only ones there.

We obviously haven't had a CYM in GE, but on several occasions the photopass photographers have taken extended time with our kids (teens who love Star Wars and dress like Batuu residents!) and we have gotten amazing shots of them. There are so many nooks and tucked away areas in GE that it looks like they are the only ones there.
The photopass photogs there are very good indeed, perhaps our favorites. Some of the best shots there for us and I love how many photo staff were in character—hope that’s kept for CYM too! We were just so bummed the CYM wasn’t available for GE last month as that would have been our setting of choice. Definitely for the future:) .

Hi, Everyone. This is probably not the place to ask, but I am going to ask anyway :-). I will be a part of a group of 20 heading to the World in early May (staying at Boardwalk). We were hoping to get a group photo series done at the resort. Capture the Moment won't work for two reasons: They only do it at the parks, and they have a limit of 8 people. Any recommendations for an inexpensive photographer who would come to the Boardwalk for an hour?

Hi, Everyone. This is probably not the place to ask, but I am going to ask anyway :-). I will be a part of a group of 20 heading to the World in early May (staying at Boardwalk). We were hoping to get a group photo series done at the resort. Capture the Moment won't work for two reasons: They only do it at the parks, and they have a limit of 8 people. Any recommendations for an inexpensive photographer who would come to the Boardwalk for an hour?
I know there is a website for things like this that feature people who used to work at wdw in the before times.
I don’t remember the name of the site but hope someone else can.
Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter