"Can't wait to see you!" packet for trip

mickeymom629

DIS Veteran
We have a trip planned for early January 2022. Most of us are staying in a GV, but I got DD and her husband a studio in the same resort. Yesterday, she received the packet to her "family" about the upcoming trip. I haven't received that for the rest of us. I was just curious if they will be sending me one or if it's only because she is not the DVC owner.

I used to get one as soon as I made the reservation which always seemed too early since there were many times that I switched resorts or dates.

Just curious.

Last edited:
Point reservations, even for renters or family, generally do not receive any sort of packet. Unless something has changed and they feel that they need to send some sort of memo about the COVID protocols, or Genie or something. I've never gotten any sort of pre trip packet with a DVC Reservation, except for magical express luggage tags, which no longer apply.

I got one at my address for my daughter who stayed in October (I kept my address on the reservation). But, I didn't get one for my end of October trip with my friend and her daughter and friend. So, honestly, I have no idea why they send for some and not for others.

I did not get one for either my June or July trip either!

I got one at my address for my daughter who stayed in October (I kept my address on the reservation). But, I didn't get one for my end of October trip with my friend and her daughter and friend. So, honestly, I have no idea why they send for some and not for others.

I did not get one for either my June or July trip either!
Chapek was going to hand deliver it, but he had a last-minute calendar conflict...

I have never received one either. I always assumed DVC didn’t get welcome packets like hotel guests, and didn’t know they did until seeing this post!

Point reservations, even for renters or family, generally do not receive any sort of packet. Unless something has changed and they feel that they need to send some sort of memo about the COVID protocols, or Genie or something. I've never gotten any sort of pre trip packet with a DVC Reservation, except for magical express luggage tags, which no longer apply.

OP here. We have rarely flown and I have gotten those packets on just about every trip since we became members in 1999, I feel.

Like I said in the OP, I always felt like they sent it too soon because I rarely kept our first reservation, so I felt like it was a waste of $. I made these reservations for our upcoming trip months ago, so I'm glad DD got hers closer to the trip in that respect. But I didn't get one for our reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter