Can't make it past Georgia

robinsnest

Earning My Ears
Driving to FLA from London, Ontario down I-75. Anyone recommend any good hotels to stay at in Georgia. This will be our 3rd trip down with the kids and have always done it straight through, but last time it was brutally evident we are too old for that. Planning to stop just before crossing Georgia. Should be close to the Georgia border. Leaving at 7 am planning to stop at 9 or 10 p.m.

We are on our way on October 9th and will be checking into the Country Inn & Suites ($ 60 to $ 70 per night) for an over-nighter. One is located in Dalton Georgia (just across the state line). Just before Knoxville is another Country Inn & Suites on I75 at Powell TN.

We stop at the Fairfield inn in Valdosta then the next day you only have a short drive to Disney. We leave Valdosta about 9 AM and arrive at Disney around 12 after a short stop at the FLA welcome centre for some free OJ

There's a Holiday Inn Express in Ringgold, GA, just across the border from Chattanooga, TN which we've stayed at before. It does have an indoor pool, which is not common down there. Nothing real fancy, but does include a continental breakfast with the rate.

I'd suggest you get a copy of Along Interstate-75, by Dave Hunter. It tells you everything you need to know about the drive along I-75 right to the Ga-Fla border, including hotel gems.

Another Londoner for the boards! Welcome!!

- Mike

Definitely The Country Inns are the best. They are cheap and are a nice hotel to relax at after a long drive. We always stay at the one just past Atlanta. Usually about $60 and they have an indoor pool!
cH:bounce:

Hi there -

We stayed at a really lovely Jameson Inn, which was at, I think Exit 312 - just a bit south of Adairsville.

It was 10:00 at night and we couldn't find any hotels to stay at, and we (luckily) came across this one.

It was a great room, very comfortable, and in the morning, a couple of their rooms had been turned into the breakfast room and they had everything! People were even making their own waffles! A really nice surprise along the way.

Good luck finding your gem!

Thanks for all the great info. So many times you stop along the way and see a nice hotel and it ends up being not so great. At least now we have some ideas for a comfortable stay.:sunny:

In his book, Dave Hunter recommends the Jameson Inns, so we decided to try one. We stopped at the Jameson Inn in Cleveland, Tennessee, which is just north of Chatanooga. My Dave Hunter book is out on loan, but if I remember correctly, we were only about 30 minutes north of the Georgia border. It was $68 per night, including taxes. The next morning they had some basic continental food available for breakfast, even at our early departure time of 6:30 a.m. It was clean, quiet, and reasonably priced, and we stayed at another Jameson Inn on our way home.

I also recommend buying the Dave Hunter book - it's great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter