***Can't keep us down...OFFICIAL MAY 2021 THREAD...come heck or high water we're going to WDW!!!***

This will be my last post before departure! Weather looks great for both my departure airport and MCO.

It's been an insane year of ups and downs, and although things are still not completely back to normal, the WDW countdown (albeit, a short one this time around) has brought a much needed sense of comfort to my life. I ended up cancelling quite a few of my ADRs, as I will be forcing myself to not obsess over a where-to-be-and-at-what-time list.

You will find me on the beach at Poly during sunset on my MK days...

Thank you all for the countdown!

15 days for me and I've been so pre occupied. My DD was part of the cancelled DCP 2020 and now they got the awesome chance to reapply! I've been obsessing with all things DCP again and checking facebook and twitter to see if anyone has gotten accepted. I really need to start concentrating on this trip again!

I think I was the only one I noticed staying at ASMovies during my time frame of the 7-11 but if I missed someone-I accidentally ordered an extra creamer if anyone would like it. 37BC3B55-59F5-41CB-90B5-9313782207F7.jpeg

We are back from our May trip. It was hot and wearing a mask was tough in the heat. But mask compliance was pretty good in spite of the heat. Social distancing is mostly a thing of the past. People aren't very good at staying 6 feet away in any line. But we are fully vaccinated, as are many people, so it didn't bother us at all.

We’re home now too, and really enjoyed our trip despite the heat. Crowds felt almost like normal for early May. During the afternoons walkways were crowded but still easy enough to navigate. Social distancing in the lines was OK, and most people tried to follow the markings, though not all. You can tell that the feeling is much more relaxed. The general worry/tension has mostly disappeared. It was the most normal Disney has felt in my four trips since WDW reopened.

My parents in their 80s both used scooters and didn’t have any trouble getting around through the crowds. The heat was a challenge, though. Dad had been planning to walk the parks, but realized the first night that he’d better not. He ordered a scooter from Scooterbug, which he picked up at bell services in the morning. It was smooth sailing after that.

I rope dropped every day, and those first two hours before the heat and crowds built were the most enjoyable. Getting out of bed was hard but well worth it!

My AP expires today :worried:, and luckily I have another one on my account that I purchased before the big price increase, so I still feel Disneyfied, lol. I will not activate it until masks are not required, so that my husband and special needs son, who cannot wear a mask, can come too.

Good luck to everyone visiting in May! It’s so exciting that more things are opening every week. It’s still CovidDisney with masks and limited dining capacity, but the feeling of moving toward normalcy is palpable. Safe and Happy travels!

Leave tomorrow for Pop May 9-15!!! I am beyond excited. I was not able to get MK but on that day I will have HS why my daughter and her bestie have MK. Worked out for them to have some one on one time. Her besties first trip. Starting the drive at 4 am to pick up DD an hour away and then only 6.5 to DISNEY!!!

9 days till we go!

I live 2 hours away, and it was HOT earlier in the week-but yesterday, today and looks like the next several days are AMAZING, dry and mid 80's!!! We got a good stretch of weather going on.

9 days till we go!

I live 2 hours away, and it was HOT earlier in the week-but yesterday, today and looks like the next several days are AMAZING, dry and mid 80's!!! We got a good stretch of weather going on.
Today and yesterday were really nice. Back in the 90s tomorrow :(

Yes, hotter tomorrow. Thankfully, still low humidity though but HIGH uv rays so be super generous with the sunscreen!

My kids don't know we are going and this morning I said to them, "imagine if we were going to Disney World! How fun that would be!" And I got a "it would be so hot and we would have to wear masks! and we would have to drive" (imagine that being said in a really whiny voice 😆 ) from DD11 and "I wouldn't want to go, I would miss school" from DS7. We are remote learning and I thought if there was to be any year to "pull" them out of school, it would be this year. They have been so good learning from home for the past year and a half. I feel like they deserve something fun. But after their responses today, I'm questioning taking them!

Down to 19 days and I'm losing my mind. I need to get on a plane in the worst way. Why do these last days go so slow???

oh my god, tell me about it!!! I leave this Saturday and I feel like the days are at a snails pace at this point 😩 I’m pretty much packed, I just need the stuff I use daily in my luggage. I have nothing else to do but wait and it’s killing me!!

My kids don't know we are going and this morning I said to them, "imagine if we were going to Disney World! How fun that would be!" And I got a "it would be so hot and we would have to wear masks! and we would have to drive" (imagine that being said in a really whiny voice 😆 ) from DD11 and "I wouldn't want to go, I would miss school" from DS7. We are remote learning and I thought if there was to be any year to "pull" them out of school, it would be this year. They have been so good learning from home for the past year and a half. I feel like they deserve something fun. But after their responses today, I'm questioning taking them!
That unenthusiastic response must have been very disappointing. I would have thought that they would have jumped at the chance to be somewhere beside at home.

That unenthusiastic response must have been very disappointing. I would have thought that they would have jumped at the chance to be somewhere beside at home.
I know! But now with this gas shortage and the fact that we were going to drive, the trip might be cancelled for me. I want to cry. Part of me thinks too that they are so comfortable being home that going anywhere seems strange.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter