• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

can't find cat??

It seems you've confirmed she's hiding somewhere but coming out. Can't she keep her secret? ;)

One of our cats would hide every now and then in the tiny space between a computer hutch and the couch. It took us a while to figure out where he was going when he was unaccounted for, but he goes there every now and then. It's really hard to see him there, as it would require moving the couch. That's probably why he loves it.

we found her spot!!! It's in the very back of my moms closet under a bunch of storage bins. The thing is, I looked there but not as far down as she was.

Glad you know so you won't shut her in!

One of mine is an expert hider. I definitely don't know all her favorite spots, but I rubber-banded the latch on the hall closet, and the sliding bedroom ones she can actually open...so I've pretty much stopped worrying. The only time it usually gets to me is when we're leaving on vacation or have just come back and she isn't out yet.

Update: My cat is broken, can anyone repair her?

Just kidding. She is having what seems like mood swings.
All 4 cats have lived together the entirety of their lives. They're food and water bowls are out 24/7 for them. They get treats every evening and wet food in the morning and right before human bedtime. lol.
The oldest is Cali, a 15 pound tortoiseshell. shes the queen and boss of the house. then the two boys, Dexter and Whiskers. Dexter is really relaxed for a cat, he isn't bothered by anything and doesn't care when people come around. Whiskers is the scared one. He was thrown out of a car by his original owner when he was a baby kitten. My moms friend found him and brought him to us. He is now 7 years old (along with Dexter, they are 3 months apart) and he will not come around anybody unless they've been around for like 3 weeks. Then we have Olivia, the newest addition. She is the cat we've been talking about this whole time. She just turned 2, and she is mostly very friendly.

So 2 days ago she found this old ball toy that she chases around the house. she put it on the couch and started tearing at the couch instead of the toy, and I slapped the side of the couch and yelled stop. This is what we normally do when the cats do something bad. She has witnessed this before but for some reason when I did it recently, she ran off into the bedrooms and never came out.
That's why I made this thread and you guys know the rest.

The reason I mentioned how much they eat is because when I tried to give her treats last night she never ate them, and today she got scared of the treat container and never ate any. This is very unusual for her, she didn't eat any wetfood the past 2 days either.

The mood swing part is because yesterday morning she was her normal friendly loving self, and around 3pm she disappeared. Same thing today except I just now got her to come out and eat and drink (a lot of water, she was thirsty!) and I might have fixed the cat. I'll update you guys soon

Cats are weird creatures. We have three, and they all go through what I call “kitty phases” every so often. Like, just randomly one will find a new and often obscure hiding/sleeping place, and they become obsessed with it for a week or two and then one day they just randomly seem to forget all about it and go back to “normal.”

Hopefully your kitty is just in a temporary phase!

My one boy snuck out the front door last night (he and his brother are both inside cats). He did it a few months ago and we left the light on the lanai (screened in) and propped the door to the lanai open. The next morning he was sleeping on the lanai. I looked around the yard for him last night, gave up and got ready for bed and propped open the lanai door again. A little after midnight, looked on the lanai and there he was. Opened the slider and he walked right in like nothing. My dog (my shadow, went everywhere I did) died just two weeks ago and I wasn't ready to lose another pet quite so soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter