Can't decide which resort

Mady/Sophiemom

<font color=purple>Needing to clean, makes me feel
I've booked Coronado Springs for our trip in October.
We stayed there last time, and loved it but wondering if I should try CBR. We also are considering Contemporary, or WL. I like the idea of being close to MK, and the monorail, but like the look of the WL. We will have 4 , and 8 Y.O. daughters.

Here are my questions?

Is the food court at CBR, different than CSR. We really did not like the food at the pepper market..

Between Cont, and WL which is more convenient transportation?We won't have a car.

Is it worth the 500.00 difference to stay aat the deluxe resorts. The babysitting serivces would be nice too, for an adults only night.

PLEASE HELP:confused: :confused:

CBR is a great place to stay. We are at CBR right now. The food court is not like the Pepper Market. You get your own food and go to a central checkout. I have pictures below. We like the tropical feel better than CSR.

We have stayed at CBR and loved it! The music at the resort just puts you in the caribbean mode!! The food court there is wonderful! The portions are so big, that my 2 dd's have shared meals!! Try to request a village near Port Royal(foodcourt/pool area) with 2 little ones! Have fun!!

I would give CBR a try. I did not find it as nice as CSR, but the rooms are nicer than at CSR and the food court may be more of what you are looking for. Bus service was pretty good.

I would try the Contemporary. You can't beat the transporation from the MK. One night we watched Spectromagic, then jumped on the Monorail and we were back in the hotel four minutes later.
My kids loved the monorail and meeting the characters in the lobby. We even walked to the MK one evening and once when it was raining we took the monorail to the Polynesian to eat and came back dry.

Hi - If you can afford the deluxe, go with it. I would price the WL. It should be less expensive than the CR and you can take the boat to the MK. I think your children would enjoy the boat ride. We always take a car to Disney but when we stayed at the WL a few years ago the only time we ever got the car out was when DH played golf. We used Disney transporation to get to all of the parks and even visited a few resorts on the monorail line. It is really great to have the bus drop you off a few steps from the door. Plus it is nice to have a restaurant right inside the lodge especially if you run into any bad weather. Have a great trip whatever your choice.
Sherry PS: If you decide to go with a moderate, CBR is our favorite. We just always use our car when we stay at the moderates because the bus transportation is not as convenient. :Pinkbounc

...care for the food court at CBR, nor did I care for the resort itself. However, I suggest that you try to book WL...YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!! Although it's not a monorail resort, access to all locations is fairly easy from WL. I especially loved the boats rides to and from MK....:D

will offer what I know. We haven't stayed at CBR since 97. So things may have changed, but food court had a good variety last time we were there. Burgers, chicken, pizza, etc. We also liked the theme and rooms were fine.

Our last trip (last Feb) was to WL. We really liked it. We've gone over to CR while there. Although that would obviously be your best bet if transportation was important we preferred the theme of the WL better.

Transportation from WL is ok though... Boat goes over to MK (and CR on it's way). We took the boat over to MK a couple times and then on to another resort or park from there. We liked the boat and was easy to get around this way. WL also has the buses to the other parks if you prefer.

CBR is a very nice resort (my daughters favorite). The food court is copletely different (and much more variety) than Pepper Market.

As for staying at WL or Contemp, have you tried looking at the boards for codes? If you can get a code, they aren't that much more than a moderate. (For the Contemporary, you would need to stay in a room in the wings, but those are extremely nice as well - in my opinion). If you are looking for themeing, WL would be the way to go; for convenience, then I would choose the Contemporary.

As for if it's worth the extra money, that would depend on how much you have to spend. We are planning a quick trip in August, and will be booking the All Stars for 3 nights, and then 1 at the Contemporary for when they have historically had an E ride night. We enjoy all of the resorts (even the All Stars) so this is not a come down for us, I'm going to pay the little extra to stay at the Contemporary in hopes that they have an E ride night (those are fantastic) and the convenience of getting back (don't have to take a bus late at night). Just my thoughts.

We love the contempory and the "wing rooms" are not that much more than the moderates. Especially if you can find a code or use and AP discount. We love to walk to MK in the am and then on the way back the CR is the first stop - wonderful. We like the pool and great choice of restaurants. My girls like the food N fun and the game room (way to much). First floor rooms have a patio and if you get a room at the end of the wing you can watch the ELP from your patio/room. There is also boat service to FtW and monorail to Epcot.

In fact as much as I love the epcot resorts I just switched from the dolphin to the CR. Enjoy whichever resort you choose.

Tj

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter