Can't Decide!! HELP!!!

Terk-1

Dreaming of Disney Cruising!
Planning my next trip and can't decide where to stay. I'd like to stay back at the Wilderness Lodge, but only if I can get a great rate. I wanted to stay at POFQ, but it's closed for renovations. What would you recommend? This is a solo trip. I was thinking maybe Caribbean Beach. What would you recommend??? HELP!!!!

I've heard it's really hard to get POR and CBR right now. So if you're considering one of then I'd go ahead and put a hold on a room now. You can always cancel.

WL is great too. :)

Good Luck planning! :)

I was thinking about Caribbean Beach. Never stayed there before. What's it like? Is it really spread out? Will I like it there?

What about the Swan or Dolphin? What are the usual rates? I'm not a teacher or nurse, so those discounts are out the door. Do you lose the Disney feeling at these resorts?

I really like the CBR. We have stayed in Martinique, Trinidad and Jamaica and our favorite island is Martinique. It's close to Old Port Royale but it's not loud or busy. We like that each island has a pool in addition to the main pool. We also enjoy Old Port Royale, relaxing on the hammocks on the beaches and the activities such as boating and biking. Here is a link to a CBR FAQ started by safetymom. I hope it helps. http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=325191

We just returned from a week at CBR (4/26-5/3). Our first time at a Disney Resort and LOVED it!! It has been recently refurbished and really felt like more than a moderate. We stayed at Barbados and had about a 10 minute walk to the food court/shops/main pool but if we didn't feel like doing the walk, took the resort's internal bus. It's like staying at the beach and having Disney right around the corner - 2 vacations in 1. Food court was very good too. We walked around the outside of Swan and Dolphin and just seeing it from the outside turned us off!!

With CBR, you walk out the door and you're outside among tropical plants. No dark hallways or elevators. We would definately chose this resort again. Hope this helps!

I did CBR solo and loved it. The grounds are beautiful. I found after a day at the park, having a drink at the Bananna Cabanna bar was friendly with meeting happy Disney lovers.

It is also is the only moderate that has in room coffepots. That I loved. Any questions on solo traveling or resorts pm me. I've stayed solo at CBR, POR, and AKL.

Thanks for your help. I think I may give Caribbean Beach a try.

What can you guys tell me about it? Is it really big? How are the rooms? What about the transportation? Does it share transportation with any other resort? How big is the pool? Is there a hot tub? How crowded is it in November? Tell me everything!!!

Pools - each of the 5 islands has a "quiet" pool that is decent size with plenty of chairs. The big theme pool is near Old Port Royale and has a built in hot tub.

The rooms have recently been refurbished and are the largest for a moderate resort. Cheerful colors and comfortable beds. Plenty of storage in the room and your suitcases will fit under the beds.

Buses - CBR does not share with other resorts.

From what I've heard, November is an excellent time to go, especially before Thanksgiving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter