Candy Cane Inn or Sheraton or Hilton?

zandjmom

Mouseketeer
I was surprised to find that the Sheraton and Hilton rates were very comparable to the CCI rates. I know that the CCI includes breakfast but we wouldn't be sitting down for a breakfast very often, just grabbing and going....we'll be at the parks extra early for opening. We enjoy a "real" hotel but the proximity of CCI is a plus. Any thoughts??

I have stayed at the CCI and The Sheraton on Ball. There is a new Sheraton Park down Harbor Blvd.
The Candy Cane Inn is more convenient with The Hilton second and the Sheraton on Ball Rd Third. The Candy Cane in has the smallest rooms bu they are decorate very nicely and it is not a huge place so feels a bit more home. My room at the Sheraton was absolutel HUGE!!! The grounds are very beautiful and there is an awesome view of the fireworks from the front parkinglot. But this hotel is behind Disneyland and it isn't really convenient.
I haven't stayed at that Hilton. It looks nice, and large but it doesn't seem inviting. People generally give it fine reviews.
If the Sheraton had a bit better location I would stay there again.
But I loved the Candy Cane Inn.

We would be using the shuttle with any hotel because I don't want my 72 year old mom walking back after a day in the parks. If you were using the shuttle would you rather stay at Sheraton or CCI?

Depends on the Hilton you speak of. We have stayed at the Hilton Suites many times and it's wonderful. (Free breakfast there too.) I got a rate of 99.00 per night at the holidays, which is great! It's on State College Blvd, if that helps.

Do the Sheraton or the Hilton offer a private shuttle, and if so what is the schedule like? If they dont have their own, would you be using ART?

The CCI is a nice little place. Its our first choice of places to stay. The Shuttle runs every 1/2 hour, from 1/2 hour before the park opens until 45 min after the park closes. There is one time in the evening that the driver is on dinner break, so they skip one shuttle.

If the other hotels are on ART, I wouldnt stay there. For us its imporant that it be easy to get back and forth. And, the CCI is walking distance (less then 10 minutes, even with tired kids), the other 2 are not.

I've stayed at both the Hilton and the Candy Cane Inn. The Candy Cane Inn is closer to the park and I didn't mind walking to the park in the mornings. We always took their free shuttle back from the park. (too tired!!)

The Hilton doesn't have a free shuttle so you'd have to pay (not much) for the ART bus. While we never seemed to have to wait for a bus to come back to the hotel, we did have to wait a few times for it to take us to the park. It's across from the Mariott so you can take the ART from the Hilton or the Mariott...whichever one comes first.

Don't underestimate the value of a free breakfast. Even a muffin or a bagel in the morning to get you started is better than nothing.

Parking is also free at the CCI so if you've got a car, that makes a difference. You can also park in front of your room as opposed to a parking garage at the Hilton. I forget how much parking was at the Hilton.

The rooms...the Hilton rooms are bigger and actually brighter (at least in our case). But they were both clean. The Hilton has a Starbucks...<sigh>. That was nice.

Unless you're intent on collecting Hilton points or frequent flyer miles, I'd stay at the CCI.

I'll second the vote for CCI...that breakfast will be VERY beneficial to grab on the way to catching the FREE shuttle to the park. The rooms are small but nicely appointed and you can get a ground floor for your mother to literally step from the car to the door.

Hilton at the convention center is older but I believe has been thru a remodel recently. I haven't stayed there in 15 years but I did like it way back when. It is HUGE so you might have a hike and a half to your room.

Sheraton, if it's the one I'm thinking of is less convenient to the park. I don't remember staying there, but we've stayed most everywhere in Anaheim.

I am not sure what shuttle the Sheraton has. If they have their own it would be okay but if it is ART it would b a bit longer of a ride.
Candy Cane Inn has their own shuttle. They don't stop at any other location and it doesn't cost extra.

zandjmom said:
We would be using the shuttle with any hotel because I don't want my 72 year old mom walking back after a day in the parks. If you were using the shuttle would you rather stay at Sheraton or CCI?

most of the posters answering you have stayed at CCI but not Sheraton or hilton or vice versus...I have stayed in all 3...having your mom needing a shuttle I feel that should leave Hilton out....they use ART and I dont recommend that in your situation...the convenience as far as distance is irrelevant in this situation because of the fact that Sheraton offers its own shuttle and they leave on the 15 and 45 of every hour...CCI is decent but it is a motel where Sheraton is a hotel and the beds and rooms are amazing...Sheraton Park is more expensive than the above three and they use the ART as well...I am referring to Sheraton Anaheim off of Disneyland Drive...if I cant stay on property, this is the only hotel I stay at...you will die and go to heaven once coming back from the parks and getting in that bed.... :rotfl: I highly recommend this place

We stayed at the Sheraton Park this past October and they don't have their own shuttle, they use the ART transportation. The ART trolleys seemed to take forever to get to the parks because of all the stops it makes. On the return from the park, the Sheraton was the first stop but we usually had to wait a while for the trolley to come.
The hotel itself was really nice. We had a Disney view and we could see the fireworks from our room at night. The staff was friendly and helpful. I think that the next time, we'll try the Candy Cane Inn. I just think that having your own shuttle is such an advantage.

We have stayed at all three of the hotels and usually choose the CCI. The dedicated, free shuttle is a huge perk - we don't always use it but it is really nice if you are just too tired (or unable) to walk! The ART does not compare. Being able to grab a portable breakfast to eat on the way to the park is great and speeds up getting right to the rides in the AM. We have always found the service to be great, the rooms to be clean and attractive (if a bit small) and the beds very comfortable (gotta love those duvets!). :thumbsup2

We stayed at the Hilton Anaheim and loved it there. The rooms were very nice (although no mini-fridge) and the view from our room of California Adventure and the fireworks was spectacular! However, in your situation with your mom, and the fact that you need easy transportation to the parks, I wouldn't stay there unless you have a car or want to take a taxi to and from the parks.

If you want a real "hotel" with it's own private shuttle to/from Disneyland, then I would go with the Sheraton Anaheim like disneegrl4eva recommended.
(NOT the Sheraton Park, but rather the Sheraton Anaheim).

Or, go with the Candy Cane Inn. It's more of a motel rather than a hotel, but it gets good reviews, has a continental breakfast, and also has it's own private shuttle to/from the parks.

Hope you have a wonderful trip no matter where you choose to stay! :sunny:

Thanks for your continued input. I just love these boards. We'll stay with CCI and I know it will be fine. We were so hoping to stay at GCH but no availibility and I'm nervous about the monorail not being open during our trip to book DLH. The experience of being together at DL during the holidays will be enough to make me happy!!!

I stayed at the Hilton in January and liked it. The room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. It was a fifteen minute walk to the gates and there was an Anaheim resorts bus stop outside the entrance to the hotel. The hotel is large, but it has a lot of amenities. I'd gladly stay there again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter