Candlelight Processional Dinner - Watching & Waiting

I would call to verify if was booked correctly. I retrieved my ressie and it states:
CAN Tier 3...Tutto Italia... ressie time....show time....party size

If I pull up all my dining reservations from my resort reservation number, it just shows Le Cellier. Once I pull it up under "retrieve my reservations," it shows CAN Tier 3 Le Cellier.

I got a 5:40 dinner at Biergarten for the 8:15 show. It was $50.05. I waited forever on the phone, and something seems to be wrong with their system. When I called I gave the CM all my info. and then she said the system shut down and she had to log back on and do it all over again.

After several busy signals, I finally got into the dining reservation (special events) que at 8:25 a.m. Central Time today - 8/26/10. My est. wait time was quoted as “over 30 min.”. I chose to hold - as I had a long drive into work and put my earphones on! I actually enjoyed being on hold to listen to the Disney music!

At 9 a.m., just as I was pulling into the garage at my work, Sandra answered. I wanted Garden Grill reservations and asked her to check ANY times on 11/28, 11/29 or 12/1 - NOTHING AVAILABLE!

She said that the 8:15 p.m. CP seating was available at Rose & Crown at 5 p.m. on Tues. 11/29. Having eaten there before and liking it, I chose that reservation. She told me the price was going to be $50.05 - she didn’t know if it included tax or not - she did say that gratuity was not included. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE BASE PRICE OF THIS MEAL IS? WHAT IS THE TAX RATE ON FOOD?
Sandra did say that Lobster was not an option on the Dining Plan, if available, at any restaurant. For a full refund, I would have to cancel two days prior to 11/29.

My resort reservation is not finalized yet, but she was able to find my name in the system - I’ve been on WDW’s resort reservation site so many times checking things! My plan is to stay at Pop. She reserved the reservation with my credit card, but said that if I had the Dining Plan, it would cost 2 TS tickets.

Someone please confirm this: If I upgraded my Free QS to TS for my 4-night stay, WOULD IT ONLY COST $48??? The $48 would cover my CP TS meal, plus 2 additional TS meals - I would say it might be worth the upgrade! :thumbsup2

I hung up the phone at 9:11 a.m. Total time on the phone: about 45 minutes. I was certainly expecting much worse!

We ended up with our first choice - Chefs de France @ 5:00 on Christmas Day followed by the 8:15 Candlelight Procession. DH ended up getting through before I did, so I didn't get to ask questions. Has there been any word on the narrator for Christmas Eve/Day?

We ended up with our first choice - Chefs de France @ 5:00 on Christmas Day followed by the 8:15 Candlelight Procession. DH ended up getting through before I did, so I didn't get to ask questions. Has there been any word on the narrator for Christmas Eve/Day?

I asked and she said they did not have that information yet.

We have a reservation for a dinner package at LeCellier on 12/5 @ 5:45 and the 8:15pm CP show. They haven't announced the narrator for this day yet.

Now that we aren't using the free dining plan, I'm not sure I want to pay the price of over $60 per person for dinner and the show...Is it really worth it? We also want to do the MVMCP...if we were to do one or the other...which would you do?

TIA!

I went into wdw website and then reservations. Pulled up my conf # manually using the # and my phone. Then the screen appeared with anothe r# beginning with an E that I tried to click on and cannot.

The agent did say it could take 24 hours for me to see my ressie on line but its in there also in the list with my other ressies for the trip, but no mention of the CP package.

What to make of it? Anyone else see this?
thanks

I started called at 7 am...finally at 9 had to go to the dentist. left dentist at 1030, called dvc member number...got right in, with no hold!
got le cellier for
dec 15 :banana:
.so keep trying....i think it must go in waves of calls....

I went into wdw website and then reservations. Pulled up my conf # manually using the # and my phone. Then the screen appeared with anothe r# beginning with an E that I tried to click on and cannot.

The agent did say it could take 24 hours for me to see my ressie on line but its in there also in the list with my other ressies for the trip, but no mention of the CP package.

thanks

I think we're good! :thumbsup2 I also found my res in with all the other ADRs I've made and there was no mention of CP. I called DVC and the CM pulled up my res and confirmed that it is booked as a Candlelight Pkg and they have my CC # for the guarantee. :goodvibes

Hang in there everyone. I started calling in at 4am PST with 55 mins of busy signals, I finally got in to Disney Dining that was another 35mins before a very nice CM answered my call!! Thank goodness for nice people! I was able to get a Le Cellier 12/10 reservation! :) Now let's hope I make through the work day!

thanks

I typed the confirmation number manually and phone number and then got a blank screen. When I went "back" my Candlelight processional package was there and it was listed as such. It's not with my other ADR's just on the other page. I made 4 CP packages and when I've done that to each one they all appear on the second page, not the first one with the "usual" ADRS.

38 minutes but I am done!!:cool1: Garden Grill, 5.30pm, 27th December (going for cheapest option as we're paying OOP!). Can't wait! :goodvibes

Whew! I'm set; pulled it up again manually and it says CAN tier 3 with all the correct info.

I can breathe now!

She said that the 8:15 p.m. CP seating was available at Rose & Crown at 5 p.m. on Tues. 11/29. Having eaten there before and liking it, I chose that reservation. She told me the price was going to be $50.05 - she didn’t know if it included tax or not - she did say that gratuity was not included. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE BASE PRICE OF THIS MEAL IS? WHAT IS THE TAX RATE ON FOOD?

Based on the pricing that everyone has been reporting, I think the tier two pricing is $46.99 plus 6.5% meals tax, which would bering the price to $50.05. That does not include tip, though.

Woo hoo!! I got the night we were hoping for... Dec 12 at 5pmCan't wait to hear Steven Curtis Chapman read the Christmas Story. Gosh, I'm so excited! December can't come soon enough! :)

We will be eating at Coral Reef... I've read such mixed reviews, but I'm still looking forward to it. :) What have your experiences been there?

We have a reservation for a dinner package at LeCellier on 12/5 @ 5:45 and the 8:15pm CP show. They haven't announced the narrator for this day yet.

Now that we aren't using the free dining plan, I'm not sure I want to pay the price of over $60 per person for dinner and the show...Is it really worth it? We also want to do the MVMCP...if we were to do one or the other...which would you do?

TIA!

If you are only going to do one or the other, I would do MVMCP. You can still see the show for free as part of your theme park admission. You'd just have to get in line early or take a chance you can walk in at the last minute (that's what I did for an 8:15 show last year). If you can't walk in, you can stand in the back and watch, or even just sit near by and listen.

People with the dinner package just get a guaranteed seat in the theatre, and are let in before the general public. You still have to get in line, especially if you want to be up front and center.

My DH was on hold for 45 minutes this morning, had gotten our reservation, and was just about to give his credit card # when he got disconnected!!! :scared1: He now can't get through at all on any Disney number. He also called the Poly concierge (where we'll be staying) and they said they can't help on this. Is there anything we can do or any chance that we'll be able to complete our reservation?

Good luck, everyone. Don't let them hang up on you! :mad:

After both of us spending our commutes dialing and dialing, we both managed to get on hold. DH got a person first (my call dropped) and got booked exactly what we wanted, 6:45pm show on 12/11 w/Garden Grill at 4:15pm. Whew, what a lot of work!!

Woo hoo!! I got the night we were hoping for... Dec 12 at 5pmCan't wait to hear Steven Curtis Chapman read the Christmas Story. Gosh, I'm so excited! December can't come soon enough! :)

We will be eating at Coral Reef... I've read such mixed reviews, but I'm still looking forward to it. :) What have your experiences been there?

We got Coral Reef as well, not what we wanted, but we have eaten there before and had a fantastic meal, I had a better steak there than I have ever had at le cellier! My DD18 had the chicken with a type of pasta last year and she said it was the best meal she'd had onsite. She's pretty happy we are returning there, only trouble is DD8 had her heart set of chefs, oh well never mind, maybe next trip.

Starting calling at 6:30am Texas time, 7:30am Floriday time. Called on and off for an hour. All circuits are busy. Probably dialed 100 times.

Took a nap... :lmao:

Woke up at 10:30am and got all circuits are busy AGAIN!.

:scared1:

One more dial and I heard those lovely crashing cymbals!

30 mins projected hold time. I was on the phone for a total of 37 mins so I'm thinking the call was answered sooner than 30 mins.

I got what I wanted. A late showing of CP with Rose and Crown at 5:15pm for a party of 5.

I didn't even try for Le Cellier!! My sister had requested R&C... and since it's her birthday trip... I let her win. ;)

So I'm happy!!!!!!

:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter