"Cancel for any reason" Clause

narsibvl

DIS Veteran
From what I hear,

The "Cancel for any reason" does not refund the full amount if you claim against it. Travelguard for instance refunds only 50% and TravelInsured refunds only 75%. Is my understanding correct ?

I believe you are correct if you claim under the "any reason" clause. However, if you have a policy with this provision but you claim for a medical reason, you'll get the higher coverage for the medical reason (if the policy provides this.)

OK, now the kicker--will they refund 75% of the cruise cost (in which case you are OK till the last week) or 75% of the amount you lose.

Also, trip insurance will only reimburse for non refundable amount. If it is one week before cruising and you must cancel for medical reasons & DCL decides to refund a percentage back to you, then you will get that amount back (from insurance). Same for airlines, etc. This makes it confusing when you are quoting the actual trip amount. You need to study airline policies, etc. I find trip insurers to be helpful, but they will only answer questions you ask. They don't really advise you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter