Can you believe this?

Louisianafive

Mouseketeer
CORNING, Calif. - The family of a dead elderly woman cremated her remains on a makeshift barbecue and continued collecting her retirement checks amounting to more than $25,000, authorities in Northern California said. Ramona Allmond's daughter and grandson were arrested Sunday on suspicion of embezzlement, elder abuse and disposing of a body without a permit.

Allmond, 84, likely died of natural causes, though investigators were still trying to determine the exact cause of death, said Tehama County sheriff's Capt. Paul Hosler.

Allmond's daughter, Kathleen Allmond, 50, and Allmond's grandson, Tony Ray, 30, told investigators their relative died in December. They left her body on her bedroom floor for a week before cremating the remains in their backyard fire pit, Hosler said.

Investigators said the two kept collecting Allmond's monthly retirement checks, amounting to more than $25,000. Sheriff's Detective Richard Knox said they may have been trying to honor Allmond's desire to die at home and be cremated.

The two were arrested after Allmond's son grew suspicious about her whereabouts.

Both were in jail in lieu of bail, with arraignment scheduled for Thursday. The sheriff's department said they do not yet have attorneys.

She likely died of natural causes:confused3 You gotta be kidding me. They put her in a fire pit, and she died of natural causes... Yeah, right.

They honored her wishes to die at home alright..they killed her at home.
Were they honoring her wishes that they should collect her retirement benefits as well? :sad2:

Yeah, I bet they honored her wishes not to tell her other son she was dead, too. How many months do you have to call and believe the "Mom's in the bathroom" line before you get suspicious?

I will bet you lunch that the elderly lady was the only one in the household with any income, I have seen this type of thing first hand.

Man....they had to have cooked her for days on end. A crematorium takes around 2 hours to consume a normal sized body. Now mind you, a crematorium's temp is around 1500 to 2000 degrees farenheit, totally enclosed, with a lot of gas jets surrounding the body. There are usually large bone fragments left after the cremation is finished. How long do you think they had "granny" on the fire? What did they do with the skeleton? There are just too many sick people in this world for my liking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter