Can someone explain why at 180 days out I can get NOTHING?

Maybe less people on free dining?

Maybe so, but I know it was available during our dates. I feel like people make it harder on themselves by being too specific, but I do know there's hoarding going on. You can't win sometimes.

I was so worried about booking for Thanksgiving week, but I wound up getting the restaurants we wanted (if not on the preferred days) right at 180 as well as a few from TP alerts. I can't understand how it's worse for NON holiday weeks!

What are people trying to get that is so impossible? Specific times? BOG? CRT? I'm just curious. Maybe the ones we wanted weren't in such high demand. We also eat at off times, so maybe that helps.

Good luck to all!
I can only imagine that the fact we eat at odd times, and were able to swap days etc helped us.

I was so worried about booking for Thanksgiving week, but I wound up getting the restaurants we wanted (if not on the preferred days) right at 180 as well as a few from TP alerts. I can't understand how it's worse for NON holiday weeks!

What are people trying to get that is so impossible? Specific times? BOG? CRT? I'm just curious. Maybe the ones we wanted weren't in such high demand. We also eat at off times, so maybe that helps.

Good luck to all!
Apparently a lot of epcot restaurants aren't even open yet for reservations and I think the 6:00 closure at Mk isn't helping.

Just did mine this morning, I was prepared for the worst, we are going from 12/25-1/3 and I got all that I wanted. Even on NYE! It looked like everything was open. Only had a problem with BOG after the 1st but I am seeing that is because there is a problem with their system for 2018.

Our trip starts 2nd Jan 18 and I could book everything I think we want up to leaving on the 6th. Had no problem so far but only BOG lunch should have been difficult I think. Booked 1900, Biergarten, La hacienda and chef mickeys and a fireworks dessert party. It never occurred to me to make more then one booking per meal. I may drop something if we manage to book the Star Wars tour but that doesn't open up until 2 months before I think? And I need to ring to do that.

Our trip starts 2nd Jan 18 and I could book everything I think we want up to leaving on the 6th. Had no problem so far but only BOG lunch should have been difficult I think. Booked 1900, Biergarten, La hacienda and chef mickeys and a fireworks dessert party. It never occurred to me to make more then one booking per meal. I may drop something if we manage to book the Star Wars tour but that doesn't open up until 2 months before I think? And I need to ring to do that.

Yeah, it seems as though the only problems have been with late November and early-mid December. I guess late December too, but I think I've seen more people having an easier time with Christmas Day then the people staying when I am lol.

Disney has not been loading some restaurants at 180 days. Keep checking because they will eventually load them.

Just booked this morning for January 4th - 13th. No problems making all of the ADR's we wanted including California Grill, BOG, Hoop Dee Doo, and many others.

My only takeaway is that rather than selecting the time option "Dinner", select a specific time you are looking for. We found that by going that route there were many more available times.

Just booked this morning for January 4th - 13th. No problems making all of the ADR's we wanted including California Grill, BOG, Hoop Dee Doo, and many others.

My only takeaway is that rather than selecting the time option "Dinner", select a specific time you are looking for. We found that by going that route there were many more available times.
The OP had dates in early December I believe. ADRs don't seem to be a problem from late December on. Not sure what the problem was... free dining, restaurants not opening up at 180 days or a large number of people going at this time. Who knows?

The OP had dates in early December I believe. ADRs don't seem to be a problem from late December on. Not sure what the problem was... free dining, restaurants not opening up at 180 days or a large number of people going at this time. Who knows?

I think people were hoarding reservations because they weren't releasing Candlelight Processional reservations, speakers, etc. It seems to be getting better for the end of November/Early December

Also additional party nights kill the number of BOG dinners available if you aren't going to the party. That sets off a chain reaction in other restaurants.

I don't remember having this much trouble getting an ADR for Ohana. What's the deal? I can't find an open dinner time during our trip from 12/22 - 12/28 so went ahead and checked a lot of days throughout December and can't find any availability there either. Is it really this hot now?

On the flip side, we easily secured a BOG dinner reservation for Christmas Eve but not even sure we'll keep that one. We've done lunch there before but have heard the dinner is a good experience so may go ahead and do it once.

I don't remember having this much trouble getting an ADR for Ohana. What's the deal? I can't find an open dinner time during our trip from 12/22 - 12/28 so went ahead and checked a lot of days throughout December and can't find any availability there either. Is it really this hot now?

On the flip side, we easily secured a BOG dinner reservation for Christmas Eve but not even sure we'll keep that one. We've done lunch there before but have heard the dinner is a good experience so may go ahead and do it once.
Ohana is hard to get. We have dinner on the 23rd but that's the last day of our trip and was the only day available at the time.

I'm completely shocked that I couldn't get BOG and Sci Fi at 180 days out. I got CRT and Ohana, and we do have a large group of 7, but it's still something I've never encountered in all my trips. Our dates are 12/15-12/23. We can't even get Beaches and Cream other than one opening at 8:30pm. It's just mind boggling. There's GOT to be something wrong, there can't be that many people that know to book this early! Either restaurants aren't released yet, people are WAY overbooking and being selfish or the computer system is messed up.

mde.01.PNG mde.02.PNG

Let's say that at least a part of the fault is with their computer system. These are for the same reservation - which is supposedly at 6:05 for 4 guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter