Can someone explain the DDE card ins and outs to me???

kritter

<font color=deeppink>I need a Disney FIX!!<br><fon
Thanks, thinking I want to get a DDE card for our April trip and never have used it can someone tell me the ins and outs??? Thanks sooooo very much!!!!!

The link says the DDE is only good at table service restaurants. I was under the impression that it also was good at counter service?:confused:

Thanks it looks like a great deal. Thinking it might be worth it for us rather than the meal plan now.

Have many of you used this????

We stayed at Pop in May and was able to use DDE at the food court there. Typically have at least one TS meal a day so DDE was definately worthwhile for us!

We used the DDE for the 1st time on our 10day trip in June and loved it. We're AP holders and got the card for $65, we were able to "pay off" the card in about 2 1/2 days. It is very simple to use, you'll find that almost every server will ask when you sit down if you're on the dining plan, just tell them that you have DDE instead. You'll give them your card when your bill comes. You can get all the resturant info on the WDW site in the passholder or Fl resident area.

Another plus, my DH said it made tipping simple, just pay the original total. :thumbsup2

I think a vague rule is that at least one place at each resort will take the DDE card. If that resort doesn't have TS, then the CS will take it...but otherwise its TS-only, and not all TS.

The Allears site has a nice PDF file with all the discounts listed (AP, DVC and DDE) for each restaurant.

Sounds like this is the way to go.

Can you use it on snack purchases toooo?????Thanks again!!!!!

Can you use it on snack purchases toooo?????Thanks again!!!!!

You will not be able to use it for snacks in the parks (with the possible exception of the AK restaurants listed above) or stores. Could probably use it for snacks at the few foodcourts that accept it (none at DVC properties).

It is primarily a discount membership for Table Service meals.

And remember if you will not save a cent until you have spent $325 in the participating restaurants.

D'oh! I totally forgot that it was good at Flame Tree BBQ! I might have saved $3 more! :)

One other tip about the DDE. It will give you free valet parking at a Disney resort where you are dining.

I believe rules stipulate that you are only allowed free valet parking if you are dining at the resort, but I've been given free valet parking at my resort for the length of my stay showing the DDE card.

You will not be able to use it for snacks in the parks (with the possible exception of the AK restaurants listed above) or stores. Could probably use it for snacks at the few foodcourts that accept it (none at DVC properties).

And remember if you will not save a cent until you have spent $325 in the participating restaurants.

What exactly do you mean by having to speand threed hundred twenty five dollars first??

the poster meant that until you have spent $325 you won't break even with the cost of the card ($65). 20% of $325 would be $65. Usually we don't have any trouble breaking even. I dar say if you are going to be there enough to break even on your annual pass you will also break even on your DDE card.

DDE is accepted at SSR, we used it at Aritist's Palete every time we were in there. Also used it at Turf Club.

Thanks for the clairification...

Oh good Artist's Palete and Turf Club Great....>Thanks,!!!!!!

DDE is accepted at SSR, we used it at Aritist's Palete every time we were in there. Also used it at Turf Club.

Oh, thanks for the correction. I had never noticed Artist Palette. Turf Club is TS of course and I was just talking about foodcourts.

Kritter, until you break even there is no savings at all. Once you hit $325, you will realize 20% savings but not before even though you will be getting the discount of course. So if your family spends $425 in total at participating restaurants or lounges, you will save 20% of that last $100 =$20. So for families that eat CS in the parks, have breakfast in the villas, etc.. the DDE may not offer much savings if any. You just have to figure it out according to your family's WDW habits.

Edited to add that Artist Palette is not on the DDE list.

I'm pretty sure it is NOT accepted at Artist's Palette, but it is at Turf Club (which is TS). Nothing I've read on the DDE site or anything else has indicated Artist's Palette is part of the plan - at least since March...

AP might take it if Turf Club is closed for refurb or something like that...

I'm pretty sure it is NOT accepted at Artist's Palette, but it is at Turf Club (which is TS). Nothing I've read on the DDE site or anything else has indicated Artist's Palette is part of the plan - at least since March...

AP might take it if Turf Club is closed for refurb or something like that...
I remember people speculating that once the Turf Club opened, Artist's Palette would probably no longer accept the DDE card but they accepted it when we ate dinner there back in May. I don't know if that was a fluke because it is the only time we've eaten there.

Also, to the OP: the 20% discount applies to alcohol as well as food. So if anyone in your party orders wine with their meal, the DDE card helps with that too.

Oh, thanks for the correction. I had never noticed Artist Palette. Turf Club is TS of course and I was just talking about foodcourts.

Kritter, until you break even there is no savings at all. Once you hit $325, you will realize 20% savings but not before even though you will be getting the discount of course. So if your family spends $425 in total at participating restaurants or lounges, you will save 20% of that last $100 =$20. So for families that eat CS in the parks, have breakfast in the villas, etc.. the DDE may not offer much savings if any. You just have to figure it out according to your family's WDW habits.

Edited to add that Artist Palette is not on the DDE list.

Not sure I really understand. Being kind of blonde!!!!!!:confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter