"Can I use the Olympus?"

Pea-n-Me

DIS Veteran
I was asked to take photos tonight at a holiday party at my kids' school but I couldn't get the night off from work.

My 11yo son, who also has the photo bug, asked if he could take them instead. So I said, "Sure, you can take the Canon S3".

"Can I take the Olympus?" (my dSLR) he asks.

Hmmm. :scratchin He's used it before and done a good job.

I took a huge leap of faith and let him take it. :eek: His Dad is there to supervise, of course. But my son's face was priceless as he headed out the door with my Crumpler bag on his shoulder, budding photographer in the making.

In the past, he's gotten some better images than me. :lmao: We'll see how he does tonight.

Am I nuts, or what?

Not crazy at all. In my experience, child's photographic eye is way better than any parents photographic eye.

Want to see an amazing photographer... check out Joey Lawrence.
http://www.joeyl.com/
He's 18 and just amazing. His credentials include multiple rock bands and movies (including Twlight).

I have a friend who is an amazing photographer in her own right, but man... her 12 year old son blows photos out of the water. Foster this in a kid. Best gift you can give!

Want to see an amazing photographer... check out Joey Lawrence.

"WHOA!!!" - I couldn't resist, the name Joey Lawrence will always coincide with that one word. ;)

I took a look at his site and his photos are amazing, hard to believe he is so young. I would believe that an 18 year old can have the talent, but to have the money to back such a talent and the level of notoriety that he seems to have...it's probably one in a million. I guess if there can be child prodigies in music, why not photography...right?

DD9 is getting the S2 on our upcoming cruise. She doesn't like my 30D.
*phew*! :lmao: I can't wait to see what she gets for pics. I loved her Disney ones last year.

I hope your son did a good job with the Olympus!

First off, you know your child better that anyone. You know his abilities and trustworthyness. How old is he?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter