Can I use a tent in the preferred spot

kinghorse

Mouseketeer
I had heard it was a good idea to rent a preerred spot with electric, water and sewer even though I may not use it since you get closer to the restrooms and the people in the loop with the big motorhomes probably have their own bathroom and shower facilities. Is there anywhere to put up a tent since it is a pved section that usually motor homes would be on?

I had heard it was a good idea to rent a preerred spot with electric, water and sewer even though I may not use it since you get closer to the restrooms and the people in the loop with the big motorhomes probably have their own bathroom and shower facilities. Is there anywhere to put up a tent since it is a pved section that usually motor homes would be on?

I don't think you can drive tent pegs in the preferred sites, because of the paving. While more folks may come with their own bathrooms in the MH, there
are more comfort stations provided in the "Basic" loops.

Actually, we stayed in a preferred loop in 2005 and we DID use the comfort station - lots. Our MH has a teeny shower and my claustrophobia has kept me from using it - but since we got a great deal on it, I figured I could live with using comfort stations for awhile. There were several big (Class A) motorhomes much closer to the comfort station than we were. The whole loop was preferred so being close to the station or not did not seem to be based on this.

There were tents in our loop in December for a couple of days. The setup was pretty impressive as I recall - what appeared to be a sleeping tent plus a separate kitchen/dining tent. They certainly appeared to be using the power and water, not sure about the cable.

Preferred sites have a sand spot to pitch a tent.
The distance you are from the comfort station depends on which site# you have. Not if its Preferred or Full.
As far as the use of the comfort stations it more depends on the time of day as to how busy they are.

The paved pad in a preferred is only at the front of the site, there is also a coquina pad behind it where you can pitch a tent. The pad can be quite compacted though, so if your pegs are wimpy you might want to get some sturdy replacements and bring a good mallet. Premium sites, on the other hand, are essentially paved over the entire level surface of the site. Tents are allowed even here, but pitching it would be a challenge. You could substitute sand bags for tent pegs and do it though.

The other problem with preferred loops is that the sand area tends to be smaller than the "partial" loops. If you have a large tent and a screen room, then they will be challenged to assign you to a site that is big enough.

I would say go for the partial hookup loops. I have NEVER had to wait on a shower at night, and I've never had to wait on a shower in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter