• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Can I transfer a CRT reservation to a person on my f/f list?

Surgie2

DIS Veteran
I did a test and could not use my daughter's log in and PW to make a dummy booking. I kept getting a message to "check my (her) email". She changed her pw and I still could not get into her account on my device. I believe it is something new since 2018 when my whole family used my MDE account and no one had trouble logging in from their own device. I believe now the email loop is to prevent hacking.

I am using a paid alert system to get a reservation for 4 to CRT on Nov. 20 since nothing was available the minute bookings opened up for off-site guests. But I am not planning to attend - it is for my daughter and her family. So if I do secure a reservation, I will be the lead guest. Would it be possible to then transfer the reservation to her? Or she goes and checks in with my name? I know it has to be paid for at the time of the reservation which I'll work out later with her.

You can change the lead guest at booking, it doesn't have to be you even when booked on your account.

Nevermind, it doesn't look like that works anymore after they changed the system.

You can change the lead guest at booking, it doesn't have to be you even when booked on your account.
I don't believe this is an option any longer. I looked everywhere for a link or some way to change the lead guest and there doesn't seem to be any way to do it in the app or on the website. If I missed something please let me know!

I don't believe this is an option any longer. I looked everywhere for a link or some way to change the lead guest and there doesn't seem to be any way to do it in the app or on the website. If I missed something please let me know!
No, you're right I just tried it myself. It used to work before they updated the reservation system.

No, you're right I just tried it myself. It used to work before they updated the reservation system.
I am disappointed they removed this feature. It made it challenging to coordinate family members to make the ADR we needed (to keep our groups small since booking 11 is a challenge) when I could have just done it myself and changed the lead guests.

I am disappointed they removed this feature. It made it challenging to coordinate family members to make the ADR we needed (to keep our groups small since booking 11 is a challenge) when I could have just done it myself and changed the lead guests.
I wonder whether they’re trying to get us to try to book one ADR for our full party, instead of booking several tables and asking to sit together? I noticed I could click on 11, 12, etc. and a list of available restaurants popped up. I’m concerned, though, about how helpful that would be, since the system tells people there are no tables for 3 but plenty of tables for 4 :headache: .

I wonder whether they’re trying to get us to try to book one ADR for our full party, instead of booking several tables and asking to sit together? I noticed I could click on 11, 12, etc. and a list of available restaurants popped up. I’m concerned, though, about how helpful that would be, since the system tells people there are no tables for 3 but plenty of tables for 4 :headache: .
That may be their motive but for Thanksgiving - staying offsite, I wouldn't have been able to get anything more than 4 people at Chef Mickey's even though I was on right at 6:00. If we'd had 60 + 10 it might have been doable to book for 11.

UPDATE: thanks for everyone's advice. They must have released several CRT reservations for my Nov. 20 date in the last 30 minutes. I received at least a dozen alerts (third party) of availability. I was able to change the lead guest to my daughter and add her family members from my f/f list. I have no idea why this worked through this avenue but yet it did not work on the reservation I initiated on MDE a few days ago. But we have what we need so I won't overthink it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter