Can I print stickers of Disney characters?

Lori M Smith

Earning My Ears
I really like Anna in Frozen. I think she was so cute as a kid.

Since I recently bought a Munbyn label printer, I would love to print various favorite patterns.

Can I print my own stickers of her avatar and stick them inside my own room? Or am I not allowed to do so due to copyright issues?

If you're just doing this for yourself, no one is going to care about copyright. It would be if you started selling them that copyright could become an issue

Have you seen those silly Etsy shops? Disney has better things to do than worry about folks who think they're creative.

Theoretically everything is subject to licensing requirements.

Who do I contact to request permission to use Disney intellectual property for non-commercial uses such as hand-made artwork, clothing, themed private parties, student projects, stage shows, etc.?​

These requests are handled by the Disney Legal Department on behalf of Disney Enterprises, Inc. Inquiries are processed in the order in which they are received. Due to the high volume of requests we receive, it can take up to eight (8) weeks before receiving a response. Thank you again for contacting the Walt Disney Company/Disney Enterprises, Inc.​

That being said, they're generally pretty lax about people using stuff in a non-commercial manner - especially if it's not going to be something seen in public. I've gotten downloads that were meant as coloring sheets or for making home items.

A friend wanted to have a cowbell engraved with an MLB logo. The engraver (used a machine to turn an image into the engraving) said that he would need a licensing letter from the team. He actually contacted the team President, who sent back that he could license it for a single use for $1 and he cut the team a check. Said it never got cashed though.

If you're just doing this for yourself, no one is going to care about copyright. It would be if you started selling them that copyright could become an issue
Or posting photos of your awesome room on FB. Just keep it to yourself, for your own enjoyment… and you won’t have any issues. Brag on FB, Twitter or Instagram, and you might run into trouble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter