Can I have two reservations that overlap by 1 day?

TinkTatoo

<font color=peach>Has a Tink tattoo on her shoulde
I'm currently booked in an ALK value for 9 nights (2nd - 10th) and a BLT standard view for 5 nights (9th - 14th) but would ideally like to stay at one resort for the entire time, I can look to modify at 7 months but already there's limited availability at the resorts I'd want to stay at. My question is, with the ALK value points so low, can I keep this reservation for the night of the 9th while also checking into BLT? that way we can just move our luggage across once we can get into our BLT room.

Thanks

I'm currently booked in an ALK value for 9 nights (2nd - 10th) and a BLT standard view for 5 nights (9th - 14th) but would ideally like to stay at one resort for the entire time, I can look to modify at 7 months but already there's limited availability at the resorts I'd want to stay at. My question is, with the ALK value points so low, can I keep this reservation for the night of the 9th while also checking into BLT? that way we can just move our luggage across once we can get into our BLT room.

Thanks
Yes you can but Disney will hold your luggage. We do split stays a lot and it is not a problem.

I have never tried it, but I've heard you can do that if you have two different people as the lead of the reservation. For instance, me for the first part and DH as the second part.

But I understand what you are trying to do. We don't have enough points to get a whole trip in one resort at 11 months. So we booked what we could and hope for the best.

We've done a lot of split stays, but it's getting a bit old , especially with bell services not moving cold items.

I'm not sure what happens if you have days overlapping. I would hope, MS doesn't just cancel something.

I have read you can't check into a new resort while still be checked in the old one. Thus having the resorts under two different names.

Definitely have the lead guest on each reservation be different. Another potential issue is MDE won’t let you link both reservations if your names appears on both in the same day.

......... We've done a lot of split stays, but it's getting a bit old , especially with bell services not moving cold items.

I'm not sure what happens if you have days overlapping. I would hope, MS doesn't just cancel something.

I have read you can't check into a new resort while still be checked in the old one. Thus having the resorts under two different names.
I agree I'd really like to avoid having to check out of one resort by 11am and then wait for a room in the next resort if I can.
Definitely have the lead guest on each reservation be different. Another potential issue is MDE won’t let you link both reservations if your names appears on both in the same day.
I think that's where to problem will be, I'll just have to see if I can switch to a different resort at 7 months and if not modify my original reservation so that I check out of one on the 9th and then check into the other one the same day.

I do this all the time so that we are not homeless on our split day if we don't plan to be out and about. When I get to the new resort, I just make sure that they check me out of the first resort because I don't usually get a text ready for resort two (even when we show up after check in time). This way, my Magic band will work for the door at my second resort!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter