Can I cash Traveler's Checks at the Resort's Front Desk?

westjones

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge and Old Key West resort in September. I was wondering if the front desk at the Disney resorts would cash Traveler Checks. I hate to carry a lot of cash, and I also hated the idea of coming home to a big credit card bill. So I thought about Traveler's checks, but I have never used them before so I wasn't sure how easy it would be to use them at Disney.

Thanks!
DJ

I'm not sure if the front desks at the resorts keep enough cash for that. However, be rest assured that every cash register in WDW will take traveler's checques including table service and counter service restaurants.

They make it easy for you to cash them, you make them out to "WDW". I always take them in $100 denominations so I don't have to sign so many at the bank and cash them in the parks one at a time as I need cash. The only places that might not take them are the drink stands in the parks. But all food courts take them as do the pin trading kiosks.

Great! Thanks! I had never used them before and wasn't sure how 'cashing' them would work.
DJ

In the past you use to be able to cash for a small amount. The last time I tried was at least 5 years ago. Another option you have is leave the credit card impression at the desk and use the traveler checks to pay the bill. You can pay your bill anytime during your trip. So if you get near the limit or you just want to pay it off from time to time you can.

yes you can cash traveler's check's at the front desk / guest services at the resorts I've done it at Bc /Yc & Cr. They will all do it. you just need your Id. But to save time, buy a pack of gum / candy in the gift shop and they will take your check too. ;)

MKY :D

I always take travelers checks, my sit down meals I charge but anything I buy at the counters I pay cash. Each morning I cash a $100.00 travelers check at the front desk or guest services. There is a limit as to the amount they will cash and I forget what it is, but there is no problem cashing them.

We always carry traveler's checks. I will usually cash a traveler's check whenever we get breakfast in the morning at the food court. We only carry enough cash or a traveler's check to cover what we will need for the day. I leave the rest in the room safe. We also will leave a credit card imprint at the front desk for charging privileges just in case we get caught short. Basically though, we prefer to pay as we go so there are no surprises at the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter