Can I book ADRs during EMH if I don't stay on property?

TinkfromTX

Earning My Ears
We are leaving for Disney in 89 days. :)

We are not staying on property. I have to call every morning and make my ADRs for the next 10 days. What I want to know is if I make a breakfast reservation and it is during the EMH am I going to have problems getting to the restaurant or not?

Also, what time does the phone line open for reservations? I lucked out and called late today and still got what I wanted for 12/23 but I don't expect that for the holidays.

TIA,
Alison

Only resort guests can enter the parks early during morning EMH - everyone has to show their resort room key to get in before regular park hours. Just having an ADR won't get you into the park if you aren't resort guest. Sorry.

Edited to add: phone lines for ADRs open at 7 AM EST. You can book ADRs online as early as 3 AM EST.

If you are already in the park with a park admission ticket and you go to your restaurant, you can still dine.

You will not be able to go to any attractions or shows. YOu can shop and dine and then leave after your meal. But, you would have to be in before EMH start with admission.

The OP was talking about getting into a park during morning EMH for a breakfast ADR. I think you're right about being able to stay in a park to dine during evening EMH even if you aren't a resort guest. But the OP wouldn't be able to gain admission to the park for morning EMH without a resort room key, and her ADR alone isn't enough to get her in without that.

Really? Are you guys sure? I've never done it during a morning EMH, but have stayed offsite and been able to book 8:05 ADR's at CP in MK and gotten in more than an hour before the park opened. That's the earliest ADR I believe at CP - on an EMH morning, do they really not allow people staying offsite to make ADR's at that same time? I might call dining and ask this question or wait for more people to weigh in here because I really think you could.

The OP was talking about getting into a park during morning EMH for a breakfast ADR. I think you're right about being able to stay in a park to dine during evening EMH even if you aren't a resort guest. But the OP wouldn't be able to gain admission to the park for morning EMH without a resort room key, and her ADR alone isn't enough to get her in without that.

Actually, they should have no problem getting in. Most of the full-service restaurants that serve breakfast in the parks open an hour before the park does. Anyone can book a reservation during this time, but you will need to have that reservation to get into the park. So, even if they are not resort guests they should still be able to get into the park for their breakfast.

I know it's not a problem on non-EMH mornings because nothing else in the park is open anyway except the restaurants, so non-resort guests don't gain any real advantage because there are no attractions open. I've done it myself on non-EMH mornings when I wasn't staying onsite. But on EMH mornings, since attractions are open, a resort ID is supposed to be required to enter the park during that hour. At least that's official Disney policy. Maybe it isn't consistently enforced, but I thought that was the rule. I will accede to others who have more direct knowedge about this.

I need to know this answer as well. Staying off-site, would like to do Donald's and CP, etc, on EMH hours, will bum out the crowd if we can't have breakfast AND can't get in the parks because I stink as a tour guide! Thanks in advance to that brave soul that can give the DEFINATIVE answer to those young Jedi who need to know. Thanks!

They do not use wristbands any more for any EMH. Technically only people who have a REsort IF are allowed to enter during morning EMH.

If you have a reservation for breakfast prior to Park opening and it is Morning EMH it is my opinion (not know fact) that you will not be allowed in unless your reservation is at CRT. Even though your name is on the list of people with ADRs, there is no way to penalize you for coming in with your name on the list and then going over to attractions. The reason CRT may have an exception is it is prepaid and if you are a no-show you wll lose the payment you made.

For Evening EMH even if you have a reservation, you will not be allowed into a restaurant during the MH period unless you have a Resort ID.

I've stayed off-site and had an 8:00am ADR at CP. Dont' remember if it was EMH or not but they have a special line for the character breakfasts and Bibby BB.

Princess Disney Mom, I've done the same. But the question here is whether someone who is not staying on site could get into a park for breakfast during morning EMH with just an ADR. As Cheshire Figment noted, it is highly likely that you would be denied entry unless you had a valid resort ID to go along with your ADR, since morning EMH admission is supposed to be limited to resort guests only. I would just hate to see someone go to a park for the ADR and be denied entry because they didn't realize this in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter