Can anyone confirm if May E-nights are cancelled?

MelissathePooh

Disney Regular
I just read a post on the parks board that said May e-nights have been removed from the intercot board and some night in April had been cancelled. Just wondering if anyone has confirmed. I'm about to do some checking.

I'm updating for Melissa- when we looked at intercot they still showed the May e-nights; cro is closed, we'll try calling in tomorrow.
DR

Yes i can confirm, just spoke to WDW Disney and Dine to check new hours for MK and they did confirm no e nights in May, what does this mean.

Not a lot of people going to be there?
What What What?

I am emailing disney now !!!!!!

Maybe Disney caught wind of the complaining on the boards about closing early then charging more money for E Nights and decided that the masses really didn't want them and gave the masses what they want. The post on the Theme Parks board did make mention that when they cancelled the 4/15 enight that the park hours were extended.

I don't think this is a "cause and effect" thing. Disney charged for E-Nights before cancelling EE, so it's not like they cancelled something free and replaced it with something that required extra admission.
Park hours have always been an enigma. I don't think we'll really know for sure whether May E-nights will happen until the date they were supposed to occur has passed.

Yep - we called WDW earlier and the May e-nights are cancelled. MK hours were extended by an hour except for Friday 5/10 - they cancelled the e-night and cut MK by one hour - that makes a lot of sense. They also cancelled the fireworks that Friday night.

I called today (Sunday) too - and said "say it ain't so"...the CM on the information line (I never seem to get the automated hours thing to work and get a live body which is much better) wouldn't speculate why - just that hours are subject to change without notice, blah, blah, blah.

So I called to change around some PSs (for a later time on the Monday we'd planned to do e-night) and the dining CM told me that on-site occupancy was down. Funny - maybe e-night is the reason families are staying on-site to begin with...now theres no more EE etc. The CM sounded disappointed too - and I told her it probably made her job more difficult after all she has to deal with all the disappointed guests making changes.

What I can't understand is that when I first called to make PS's a long ways out - I had trouble getting my first choice of times...now the times seem wide open. Did they have some large groups cancel?

-LA

A question to ask when you see hours in May that don't make sense to check if it is Grad Night. Florida High Schools go to WDW on various nights in May to celebrate graduation.

The park closes early that night. Therefore, it is possible that May 10th is a grad night which explains no fireworks and closing time.

Disduck=
this year's grad nights are April 19, 20, 26, 27, and May 3.

DR

SO DISAPPOINTED TO HEAR THIS!! :(
I just am not getting it ???? :confused:
They just said that things were getting better....they have POFQ scheduled to reopen May 31 because of the amount of guests coming in??!!??
I might understand concelling a few of E-nights, maybe go down to once a week. BUT.....to cancel them ALL!!!???

I sure hope they keep the June ones that they have scheduled right now! :rolleyes:
We also planned our PS around E-ticket nights!

"better" is a relative term. They didn't say things were better, or even as good as last year. (And last year was not as good as 2000).

They said things were better than the months immediately following 9/11. Everything is still down from same time last year, its just that its not as far down as it was when they compared November '01 to November '00.

Still, from what some people are saying on the parks board, several of the April e-nights were cancelled, and then a few weeks later the hours for those nights were extended.

If that's what happens in May, and even June, I'm all for it. But it does seem like a bit of a PR problem to cancel enights that weren't posted that long ago without announcing any extension of hours.

Unless things are really starting to look down for May...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter