Can a Florida relative buy our tickets?

v_gan

I can go the distance!
I'm asking this for both Universal and WDW. My sister's boyfriend has family in Florida. If they bought us Florida resident-priced tickets, could we use them? Is this against any rules?

Trying to find the cheapest route to a Halloween Horror Nights/Harry Potter trip this year! :goodvibes

I don't think they can. I may be wrong but I really do not. It is really a bummer bc we also have family in Florida. I think it's totally wrong. I think Disney is the same way or used to be at least.

Alright. 1 vote YES, 1 vote NO.

I'm kind of thinking "no", but I would really, really like the answer to be "yes". So let's keep the answers coming!

Anyone else? :lmao:

They recently changed the FL resident tickets. In the past FL residents could purchase around 6 tickets for friends and family who were not residents. But now the tickets can only be used by FL residents. So the answer is no, your friend can not buy tickets for you.

YES, he can buy tickets (he simply has to show a valid FL photo ID,

NO, YOU can´t use them (you´ll have to show a valid FL ID too...)

They recently changed the FL resident tickets. In the past FL residents could purchase around 6 tickets for friends and family who were not residents. But now the tickets can only be used by FL residents. So the answer is no, your friend can not buy tickets for you.

now that makes sense... I knew at one time they were able to but when I saw the no, that was why I said I could be wrong.. so they did change it. I have to tell my aunt. I was going to also find out on Thursday when I went if I could have gotten her's for her....

I don't think they can. I may be wrong but I really do not. It is really a bummer bc we also have family in Florida. I think it's totally wrong. I think Disney is the same way or used to be at least.
I don't know about it being totally wrong since the tickets are for FL residents only. Universal used to let non-residents take advantage of the resident rates but that's changed now. I don't ever remember Disney allowing residents to purchase tickets for non-residents at the discount.

At Universal you can still have someone with an annual pass purchase tickets for family/friends at their discount but they would have to be purchased at the gate and be present at the time of purchase. Disney won't allow passholders to purchase discounted tickets for friends/family.

Florida resident tickets are a perk for living in the state.

Thanks, everyone. I had a feeling we wouldn't be able to do this, but I thought I'd ask anyway. :)

How would they know? I have been to the parks upwards of 150 times and I have never once seen anyone at the turnstile have to pull out ID. Just put your ticket in the slot, finger scan and go.

How would they know? I have been to the parks upwards of 150 times and I have never once seen anyone at the turnstile have to pull out ID. Just put your ticket in the slot, finger scan and go.

It depends on who you get, sometimes they ask and sometimes they don't. Worse case is that you have to go to customer service and upgrade your FL Res ticket for a reqular one. :thumbsup2

I know Sea World still allows it, we will be there in June and all of my family is in Florida except for me, DH and kids. So I had to make sure before I purchased any tickets if they could be used by us. :cool1:

They only have to ask for FL id the first time you use the ticket. Until recently FL residents were allowed to purchase tickets for non-residents (at the FL resident rate)

I'm not surprised the PP never saw ID checked but I don't think that means very much.

They only have to ask for FL id the first time you use the ticket. Until recently FL residents were allowed to purchase tickets for non-residents (at the FL resident rate)

I'm not surprised the PP never saw ID checked but I don't think that means very much.

I didn't even know they were recently allowed to do it. Did they allow the same with room reservations? I know Disney doesn't bc we checked years back and they didn't. I think this is totally and completely wrong. What if you have family that want to do give you a gift? It just seems so petty. :snooty:

I didn't even know they were recently allowed to do it. Did they allow the same with room reservations? I know Disney doesn't bc we checked years back and they didn't. I think this is totally and completely wrong. What if you have family that want to do give you a gift? It just seems so petty. :snooty:

They can give you a gift. They'll just have to pay the ticket price applicable to non Florida residents. The discount is now limited to tickets used by Florida residents. Not friends and family members of Florida residents.

Current wording:

Tickets are for purchase and use by Florida Residents only.

I don't know about Universal, but I know with Disney, if you are getting Florida resident tickets, each person getting a ticket must be at the ticket window with their Florida ID to purchase it. So it makes it difficult to purchase for out-of-state people. I'm sure there are ways around it, but you'd almost have to have Florida residents who were willing to go buy tickets in their name with their ID and then hand them to you and not go into the park with you or currently have their own tickets.

Trying to find the cheapest route to a Halloween Horror Nights/Harry Potter trip this year! :goodvibes
I didn't see that you were planning on HHN this year. You need to find one your friends/family members who are annual passholders for the AP rates on HHN tickets. The AP discount is MUCH better than the resident discount...especially for the first two weekends.

Maybe you just haven't been paying attention. I've been asked for ID on my annual pass several times as has my husband. They also do ask for ID when you use a FL resident ticket almost every time.

I have an annual pass and to be honest, I have never been asked for my ID at the gate, I have at the parking lot entrance. They want a photo ID to match my annual pass.... so I just use my "old" annual pass with the picture on it. It is easier than taking out my drivers license.. but back to the ID at the gate, I have never been asked.. Actually I take that back, I have been asked for ID when my finger doesn't scan.. but other than that.. nope, never asked...

They can give you a gift. They'll just have to pay the ticket price applicable to non Florida residents. The discount is now limited to tickets used by Florida residents. Not friends and family members of Florida residents.

Current wording:

Yeah, I understand that, but think that they should be able to purchase the tickets at the Florida rate. ;) It sure would be nice anyway. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter