campfire marshmallow roast at Ft. Wilderness question.

mudman

DIS Veteran
Can someone tell me if this is open to everyone.

We are staying at the All Stars and would love to head over for a movie and the marshmallow roast for fun and to check out the resort (we may stay there with our camper for another trip).

How do I obtain details of timing, charges (if any) and movies?

Please help me out with this I'm stumped.

Michelle

Hi Michelle,
We went two years ago when we were staying at All Stars. I think it is open to all Disney Resort guests.
There was no charge - except for the marshmallows and food!

I think the movie schedule gets released on the 1st of the month.

You may want to post your questions on the Camping at Disney World forum (also look there for the month's movie schedule) or you can call the FW front desk for direct information:
Telephone: 407-824-2900
Fax: 407-824-3508

This was a lot of fun and a very inexpensive night for us! If you're using Disney transportation it may take a while to get there though - going from one resort to another you usually have to stop at a park in between. We had our own car so this part I can't help you much on :confused:

This is open to any resort guest and it is a lot of fun. My kids loved it! We took the bus there and back to POR and it was kind of a pain, once the bus drops you off you have to walk and find the internal bus that then takes you to the area that the campfire is in. Afterwards you have to repeat the process and we had quite a wait for both busses (with tired kids I might add). I think if I were to go again I would drive but if you dont have a car then just be prepared and allow extra time for the busses. Also, dont forget to bring bug repellent , you will need it.

Hi mudman and welcome to the DIS. I'm really glad you found us and I hope you can visit often.

I'm going to move this to our resorts board, for you.

It is a lot of fun and the kids loved it! We had bus drivers that seemed to really enjoy their job so the bus ride was a great part of the whole experience.

Another vote for drive yourself! Our worst bus experiences, and really Disney experiences in general, are bus trips involving Fort Wilderness and it's whole system. Our drivers were as confused as us!

I would like to have some information on this too! I have heard that it is fun. Do you bring your own marshmallows and drink or is it already supplied?

They have a concession stand that you can purchase drinks and food from. You can get marshmellows or smores ingredients too.

The Campfire Program starts at 7pm in the winter months, and 8pm in the summer.

It begins with a sing-along around a huge campfire where you can roast marshmallows. They sell "marshmallow kits" for around $6 that include sticks! Chip & Dale are there too, mingling with everyone! It's a lot of fun!

After the marshmallow roast, they show a full-length Disney movie on the outdoor screen. There are bleachers and benches to sit on, or you can spread out a blanket in the grass.

There is a concession stand, called the Chuckwagon, that sells nachos, hot dogs, soda, candy, ice cream, etc.

The program is free for all WDW resort guests (except for the food)!

The easiest way to get there is by boat from the MK. Or, you can take a bus from the other parks.

Thanks Rhonda - you have great info on this. We're leaving Saturday for our trip and we have vowed to try the singalong this time. We always say we're going to do it but we never do. However, this time we're staying at Wilderness Lodge - apparently there's a pathway from WL to FW that we plan to take advantage of a lot during our stay. We love FW! I can't wait to finally experience the campfire singalong. I'm planning on eating bad-for-me food at the Chuckwagon to get the whole experience.

PamNC
5 days and counting

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter