Calling all Kentucky Bluegrass DVCers

We just got seated for breakfast when I got up to take this photo. :lovestruc I was sooooooooo worth getting up at 5 am. And Welcome to all DVCers from the Bluegrass State. And Welcome to the Derby City!!:woohoo:

You're right on both counts - way too early but a beautiful view. Churchill Downs is great on Derby, but it is also beautiful when it is quiet. I did a offseason tour several years ago, and it was really cool.

Hello from La Grange! :wave2:
We're off I-71 about 15 minutes north of Louisville and a little over an hour south of Cinci. DH and I are both EKU grads. We joined DVC in March 2003, one of the best decisions we've made! Love our DVC! Been a DISBoards member since 2001--close to 10 years now!

We will be there about the same time :) Star Wars weekends is a blast - it is mostly for my DH - my 4 yr old DS and 18 month old DS will be tagging along - our 1st trip taking our oldest was when he was 16 months old to SW weekends and I will always treasure his 1st Mickey pic with Jedi Mickey - way too cute! Hope you have a great time - maybe we will see you :)

A KY thread. What a good idea. One more from Owensboro, but originally from Louisville. Anybody going to the derby this weekend? International BBQ Festival in Owensboro next weekend?[/QUOTE

Holy cow! I had no clue there were other Owensboro DIS members, let alone Owensboro DVC DIS members! How crazy is that!

I was born and raised in Owensboro, left for college and came back!

What do you Owensboro folks do?

Hi! I'm actually from the next county over- Hancock (Boling Chapel & Lewisport). I have been back here since 98. Outside of Dis/ DVC we appear to be our children's social directors and taxi cab drivers. Or did you mean for job/ work/ career? Either way it gets in the way of my family & DVC/ Dis. How about you?

Hi all. Another Louisvillian here. Joined DVC in 09. Big UL fan. Sitting here at work waitng to go home early :)

I grew up in Elizabethtown & went to UK. For the E-town folk, I run the Kentucky Kids Consignment Sale that happens at Pritchard Community Center twice a year. It's good to know there are so many other Kentuckians who enjoy their second home as much as we do!

Hi! I'm actually from the next county over- Hancock (Boling Chapel & Lewisport). I have been back here since 98. Outside of Dis/ DVC we appear to be our children's social directors and taxi cab drivers. Or did you mean for job/ work/ career? Either way it gets in the way of my family & DVC/ Dis. How about you?

Haha...well, thankfully, I have no children (yet, as my wife would say).

I'm a teacher here in Owensboro and I also work part time at the Malco Theatre here in Owensboro.

We are pretty new to the DVC...purchased in October 2009 at AKV, bit the bullet while on the DCL Magic.

I grew up here in Owensboro, left for college and a few years working for Mickey down in Orlando. Then moved back here in 2004.

Pleasure to meet you!

Cheers,
Josh

What do you Owensboro folks do?

Right between Medicare and SSN, my paycheck has deduction for Disney. We joined DVC in 2008 and added on this year. Now, we have enough points for 2 trips each year. We plan to visit all the resorts. We thought about DVC for awhile, but kept thinking a Disney timeshare was a bad idea. Now, wish we had been financially able to do it sooner.

We will be there about the same time :) Star Wars weekends is a blast - it is mostly for my DH - my 4 yr old DS and 18 month old DS will be tagging along - our 1st trip taking our oldest was when he was 16 months old to SW weekends and I will always treasure his 1st Mickey pic with Jedi Mickey - way too cute! Hope you have a great time - maybe we will see you :)

Maybe we will! DS6 will be in heaven at SWW.:cloud9: We'll be spending pretty much the whole first weekend at DHS.

Incase it FLOODS in Bullitt Co I'm building an ARK!!:lmao: Becareful out the Blue Grass!!:wizard:

Haha...well, thankfully, I have no children (yet, as my wife would say).

I'm a teacher here in Owensboro and I also work part time at the Malco Theatre here in Owensboro.

We are pretty new to the DVC...purchased in October 2009 at AKV, bit the bullet while on the DCL Magic.

I grew up here in Owensboro, left for college and a few years working for Mickey down in Orlando. Then moved back here in 2004.

Pleasure to meet you!

Cheers,
Josh

City, County, or Catholic? We are in Catholic but switching to county. Neices in are in city. I'm in the social service industry. Owensboro is a great place to raise a family. Our kids are in so many activities and overall we feel safe no matter what.

as of 8:30 am we have 1.25" of rain and it's just starting to warm up rain wise. To all who are going to the derby, Be careful.:wizard:

Lots of rain here as well. Supposed to have United Cup soccer at Horse Fork Creek Park. It looked like a better place to have a swim competition this AM.

City, County, or Catholic? We are in Catholic but switching to county. Neices in are in city. I'm in the social service industry. Owensboro is a great place to raise a family. Our kids are in so many activities and overall we feel safe no matter what.

I graduated from Catholic years ago, but work for the city district & LOVE it!

Owensboro is a safe and good home. I like being in a smaller town, with places like Louisville, Nashville, & St. Louis just. Few hours away. Now, if only Disney were that conveniently close!!

While I currently live in Wiscosnin - I AM a Kentucky girl. Raised in Greenup Kentucky, that is where all my family still live. Far East side of the state.

Kim

While I currently live in Wiscosnin - I AM a Kentucky girl. Raised in Greenup Kentucky, that is where all my family still live. Far East side of the state.

Kim

I think you're welcome here as well (as long as our founder, KYCruiseCrazy does not object). Are you referring to Greenup Co on the KY-WV boarder? Doesn't Greenup County claim Billy Ray Cyrus and little Destiny Nicole, I mean Miley? You can't get more Disney than that.

Yep - Greenup County is home to Billy Ray & Miley. Just next county over is Boyd - home to the Judds (I have met Naomi Judd's Mom).

Well of course you're welcome Kim, once a Kentuckian, always a Kentuckian, even if you don't live here anymore.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter