Call from Hotel Kingdom

baileybrad

and Casey, too!
I had weighed in on the overbooking issue at Vistana Village that occurred in late February. I also sent an e-mail to Hotel Kingdom on the subject. We stayed at VV thru a HK booking from Jan.18-28 of this year. We had an excellent stay. I had encouraged a co-worker to book there in June of this year thru HK. I explained all of this in my e-mail to HK.

The call I received was excellent. It was explained that this was the first time that VV had ever walked any HK customers/bookings. Of the 15 families that were overbooked, 3 were HK customers. The point that was made was immediately, if possible, call HK and they will make sure that you are taken care of properly. I thought that the call was a great example of excellent customer service. I had not asked for a call. I would not hesitate to book through HK again and would encourage others to do the same. I am not affiliated with HK in any manner but excellent customer service in this day and age should be rewarded.

Baileybrad - you have no idea how thrilled I am to hear this (maybe you do). I literally lost sleep last night thinking about the possibility of being turned away.

I thank you SO much for taking the time to post this and for taking the time to contact HK for everyone here and your friends.

When I had called HK, the girl said she had never heard of it happening and was very pleasant and patient. My experience with HK thus far has been outstanding - they even called the V.V. for me and had the V.V. fax their own "hard copy" of my ressie to HK and Erin from HK mailed it to me for my records (this was weeks ago upon my request).

I'm so happy to hear about your call, you didn't even ask for or demand it - that's what makes the response so satisfactory.

I'm still on with my plans. I value your input (and others) especially since you have stayed here recently.

Now, where's Jasper577? He and his family are checking out the day after I arrive....

Thanks again...

Hi guys!! I also called Hotelkingdom to voice my concern over this issue. I was transferred to Henry, a sales manager, and he was wonderful. He admitted the problem and took down my tracking number and said he would call over to VV and speak to his contact and make sure I received excellent treatment!! Can you believe that? I was just calling to ask them if they had any advice on how to handle this if it happened to me. I was pleasantly surprised by the level of service. This is the first time VV has ever been overbooked, but the problem is, they are sold out for most dates between now and April. I just hope they did not over book every day. Good luck to you all. Lorix2--don't lose sleep over it. Just get your hopes up for a room at the Dolphin if worst comes to worst!! I took a look at their website and it would not be a bad place to spend the week! It is not pleasant for the hotel staff to have to deal with this problem either. They have to contend with all those screaming people, so I think after this weekend they may try and come up with a different plan. It would be better if they called people in advance and asked them to switch if they are overbooked, kind of like the airlines do. Some people may not mind if the deal is right. I am off in 7 days-everyone pray I get a room!!

Hi Sandyneck - wow! good for you!

I do not want to have to go anywhere else. The Dolphin would only be 2 beds & a bathroom right? I'm still upset to know this is a good possibility to be "bumped" - but we're trying to get there early morning now and see what happens.

Good luck to you and I'm sure you'll fill us in upon your return..thanks.

I know what you mean Lorix2. When are you going again? Is it April? What are your dates? I know they are trying to put people at the blue tree resort. It seems OK, but the 2 bedrooms do not seem as big as the VV. If the Vistana is not sold out, that is probably their first choice to move people. The 2 bedrooms there are just as nice as the VV, but they were sold out when everyone had this problem last weekend. Try not to worry too much. I have been worrying myself sick and now I have had it, it is stealing all my joy of going on the trip!! I was so excited and after I heard that, I was anxious for days. We will all have a good time no matter what happens!! By the time you go I am sure they will have this problem taken care of. Hakuna Mattata!!:D

I believe that Henry was the fellow who called me this morning at work. Again you could have knocked me over with a feather. He had also called the family that I had steered their way (I had mentioned in my e-mail that it would be pretty bad if had encouraged folks to use their service and get stuck without a room) for a trip in June. I had not asked him to do so. I mentioned that the BTR was not a comparable swap to the VV. He agreed. Again the one point that he stressed was to call HK immediately and they would have worked out a fair arrangement for the inconvenience. The problem is, of course, if one arrives after 8:00 pm when HK offices are closed. The late arrivals in most cases will be the guests that are left with "no room at inn". We both agreed that VV needs to be more dilligent in handling the volume of their bookings. I am oh so hopeful that both of your families have great trips with no hiccups.

Sandyneck - yes, we're checking in on April 19-28th. You're right, it's stealing my joy too and it shouldn't be, it's just this is our first family trip ever, we're driving 1300 miles one way and just want everything to go as smoothly as possible as anyone of us would want I know. I laughed out loud at Hakuna Mattata - thank you! I needed that smile and to you too - "no worries!"

Baileybrad - yes, I agree something has got to change there at the resort or it's only going to get worse and the staff will be disgruntled and ultimately affect the whole place. I think I mentioned previously that we are now going to get to FL early morning now rather than mid/later afternoon and get there and let them know we're ready when they are, much before the 4:00 check-in and hopefully we'll be alright. I was already aware of the 8 PM closing time for HK and they will be the first call I make if a problem should arise.

Deep breath everyone....there...I feel a little better now, thanks! Only 45 more days...

We were one of the three that had booked through HotelKingdom and their service has been excellent both prior to and since this incident. They responded quickly to my E-mail and one of their representatives has already called me back twice and has made the effort to contact VV to ensure that we are credited with our full deposit ASAP. I agree that they should be commended for their good customer service.

C.G.

GASPARC - Welcome to the DIS boards! :)

Sorry to hear you were one of the guests turned away also. What time were you checking in? late also? just curious...

GASPARC- Hi!! I think we might have met at the VV lobby. My dh and I were trying to check in around 7:30-8:00 ish on 2/23 . We were the ones with four kids. Was that you.?? Welcome to the DIS boards!!

I'm sorry you did not get a villa at VV. I know how disturbing that is. I hope you still had a good vacation. Where did you stay? How did you like it? We ended up at the Dolphin. I posted earlier on this under caution vv overbooking.

Lorix2, Sandyneck, Baileybrad-- I'm glad to hear Hotel kingdom is being helpful. It sounds as if with your awareness of my problem and now Hk support, I don't think VV will dare not give you your rooms. I imagine ther has probably been some interesting talks between management staff from HK and VV lately:rolleyes:

It would be good to get there earlier in the day or evening. In my experience we never had to walk people before 10 or 11 at night. I worked at the JW Marriott and if we had to walk someone we sent them to the Ritz Carlton or Swissotel. We would pay for their night at the other hotel, so that night was free and drive them over. Then we would pick them up the next day and bring them back to our hotel and upgrade them for their stay. If they were only planning on staying one night they received a comp for a free night in the future at any of their hotels. So getting walked from there could turn out to be a good deal. Just something to keep in mind if it were to happen to you (which it probably won't). Some people were more upset and they usually got more free stuff. Upset, Not Irate :). This really did not happen a lot. Most of the time the hotel was overbooked, not everyone showed up. But, the overbooking was not really an accident. It more than likely won't happen to you and it would not matter who you booked your trip with. I booked through Hotel Kingdom for VV in May, and have been very happy with them. They have the best rates for that hotel BY FAR! Don't Worry!

Hi Zaxmom - well we'll soon find out how things are going down there. Sandyneck will be first, then Jasper577 (haven't seen them around the boards lately), then my family, then yours in May. I am trying not to worry. I know sometimes things can work out for the better, I just want to have to experience choosing anywhere else since I have NO IDEA what's comparable, etc..things like that as Rolo has mentioned after all the planning and hopes, you want what you paid for and expected....

Wow! the Ritz Carlton? I would have volunteered to be walked LOL!

We're getting there early and I'm sure we'll be fine, that's my outlook now :) thanks for your sharing your experience and advise :)

Lorix2, I am trying to find anything to make you feel better!! VV is only sold out your first 2 days, worst case scenerio they put you up for those days somewhere else and you come back, yes a drag, but at least you have a chance to get back in. They are sold out my entire stay! Second, Vistana Resort has rooms on your dates. If, on the very slight chance you get bounced, demand to be put at the Resort. It is quite comprable(SP?) to the Villages and is actually about $80 more a night which I would expect them NOT to make you pay. Tell them you want to be put in the Cascades section. My sis just stayed there in Dec and is coming back with us next week and she is almost hoping we get bounced so we can stay at the Resort(not me!!) She loved it. It is quite an extensive resort with 7 pools and restaurants to eat at. The 2 bedrooms are almost exactly the same. So do not despair. Oh yes, did I mention also I have added you to my prayer list. The Lord does answer those silly prayers too, contrary to popular believe. I can attest to many silly prayers answered!! One which happened to be breakfast at Cindys!! Hope this all makes you feel better.:)

Hi sandyneck - thank you so much for trying to put my mind at ease, that's so sweet of you..

The resort does sound appealing - thanks for the info - I'm sure you and your sister will have a great time no matter what and I'm sure things will be fine for you as well.

I just got a return call back from my booking agent at HK whom I talked to at length about the situation and assured me that this was the 1st time ever and HK mgmt went to the higher ups at Starwood to make sure this doesn't happen to HK guests again. He assured me things would be fine for guests booked and deposited there and if a problem should occur, then to call him at HK immediately (even on his day off he wants to be contacted) and they'd find a suitable accommodation for me and would be taken care of. He feels that this will not happen, but it's nice to know how they'd jump in to salvage the vacation anway.

Once again, they remain outstanding in customer service :)

Zaxmom- I find it interesting that in your exerience you said guests were brought back the next day When my family was given walk papers at VV we were never given the option of returning. We were told there was no room for our entire 1 week stay. Do you find that unusual??:confused:

Hi Lorix2, Sandyneck & Rolo

Lorix 2 - We checked in at about 7:30 pm. Checkin was supposed to be OK until midnight. What we saw of the V.V. was really beautiful. I'm sure by the time you go they will have sorted out their overbooking problems. Hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Rolo - Yes that was us you met in the Lobby. I'm happy to hear that things turned out OK for you at the Dolphin. I saw your message on another message board, & sounds like you had a great time there. I'm new to these boards...have done alot of reading them but never have relplied.

We ended up going to the Blue Tree Resort (the one the V.V. had arranged) but only stayed there for two nights. The Blue Tree was alot older and quite a bit smaller than what we would have gotten at V.V. Bedrooms & bathroom were REALLY small & not very clean -- there was no washer & dryer, no jacuzzi tub and no hairdryers. The rest of the villa was OK & the grounds were nice, although I think they must have put us in one of the older units. We ended up moving to the Orbit One Vacation Villas in Kissimmee. I had come across it on the internet when I was researching accomodations before we booked at V.V., so was really glad that I had brought some information with me. It's an RCI resort as well -- an older resort (we were a bit worried when we first drove up) but most of the villas have been totally refurbished. Ours was very spacious, clean & nicely decorated. There was a large jacuzzi tub in the bathroom & a washer & dryer & full kitchen. It was just a few minutes away from the parks, had good security & the staff were very friendly. I'm sure it wasn't as luxurious as the V.V. but we were quite happy there so all in all things turned out OK... It was just so disappointing to have lost the first couple of days to worrying about accommodations & moving. I wouldn't have minded if the V.V. would have at least put us in comparable or better accommodations. But we decided to put it behind us & deal with it when we got home. We really enjoyed the rest of the trip! It went by much too quickly!

GASPARC-- Hi! I'm glad you were able to move to some place of your satisfacation. I feel badly for you that the first days of your vacation were filled with disappointment . Good for you to find a new place and for not letting anyone ruin your vacation. I'm trying to think of this as a good learning experience and will be more prepared on our next WDW vacation:D

GASPARC - I'm sorry for you too having to start your vacation off on a bad note, I'm glad it worked out well in the end and that you had a great time overall. Thanks for letting us know how things turned out.

Hi zaxmom- I am new to these boards. I too plan to be at V V in May. I am concerned with this happening. I have encourage a few friends to join me there and would be very disappointed if this happened to us. It is good to hear that H K is very good with customer service , but I am still worried until we get there. I too think I would give them a call just in case. I believe the more people express there worries they would do everything possilble to ensure that this won't happen to any of there customers. Well good luck to you all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter