• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

California Soarin' ?

zca'smommy

"That's me: wife, mother, superhero, I'm sure you
We just got back from Disneyland/Calif Adventure a week ago, and we went on this ride for first time and LOVED it! we all thought it was one of the best rides! However when we were talking with some friends recently they were saying how it was one of their favorite rides as well, and how they loved the smell of the oranges and the saltwater, etc.... we however did not smell any of these smells! We did feel the wind etc.... but did not smell anything? none of us did. Did they do away w/the smells or I wonder if they were not working that day??? I KNOW I would have smelled it, since I have a very good wiffer, :rotfl2:

Thanks for any info...just curious!

We were there in March and the smells were there. I knew about them ahead of time by reading this board so I knew they were coming. I don't think I would have noticed otherwise as the smells were not very strong and most of my family said they didn't smell anything. I only smelled the oranges though, no salt water (what does salt water smell like????).

K in SA

I was there last week and did smell the oranges. It was not very strong, though, and you might not notice it if you didn't know it was coming. I didn't know you could smell the salt water, and didn't notice it.

We were there as well and noticed the forest smell the most. The orange wasn't strong at all. We've never smelled salt water.

I noticed the smells the first time I went on the ride. The oranges, the river and the ocean are awesome and make this my favorite ride. But yeah, next time you go on it, just sniff when you come up to those parts LOL.

We went on Saturday and could barely smell the oranges and seawater but no forest.

We took our 3 year olds on it for the first time and they were slightly scared, but when the screen opened and the saw the GGB they let out a loud "WHOO WHO" and cried when they had to get off the ride. We ended up doing it 3 times in a row! :)

Oh my goodness!!! The smell of the orange groves is my FAVORITE part of the whole ride!!!! I can't wait till September when I get to smell it again!!! We try to ride Soarin at least 10 times!! Just so we can get our "fix"...lol

We were there two weeks ago and the smells were definitely working -- the forst smell when you are above the river with kayakers, the orange grove smell, and the ocean smell near the end. Having been on the Epcot Soarin' many times, we thought the smells were even more pronounced on the CA ride.

We've ridden Soarin' about 20+times so far. Sometimes the smells work, sometimes they don't Sometimes I smell oranges while over the ocean. I agree, the smells add alot to the ride experience. :goodvibes

We love the smells. We have always been able to smell them. We love the ride. 4 more days!!!! :banana:

I love the smell at Soarin'. My friend bought a cologne spray for her DH and said I had to take a whif. I said "it smells like SOARIN!" She laughed. only I would think that. It was the perfect como of orange and pine. She thinks it smells sexy. I just think of vacation!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter