California Grill Sunday Brunch

BYC

DIS Veteran
I am so sad that I did not know about this brunch when I made my reservation at 180 days back in June. I only found out about it a month or so ago, and have been trying multiple times a day ever since for Dec. 3rd for 7 people. No luck. Does anyone think I stand a chance at all of snagging it before then? I have tried smaller tables, too---no luck. This is something we REALLY want to do.

Always a chance! People cancel all the time. Try using the touring plans reservation finder. It will notify you if an opening comes up - you still have to log in and book it. Good luck!

Reactions: BYC
Thanks. I am on the reservation finder. Just lamenting, I guess. There are 2 reservations I am compulsively trying to get--Ohana for dinner, and this brunch. I think that one of these days, if I try, and a reservation actually pops up, I might just fall out of my chair!

Keep trying. It's excellent and would do it again even at that price. I thought it was pretty cool looking over MK in the day time.

we are going 11/19 also! Very excited to try this, even tho the cost is outrageous, lets face it. Like the idea you can order technically as many entrees as you want- many look great, and I'd like to try more than one, so that is advantageous. Going to be hard not to fill up on sushi and buffet items, before entrees and dessert! I've read that they pack up leftovers tho, so thats great.

we are going 11/19 also! Very excited to try this, even tho the cost is outrageous, lets face it. Like the idea you can order technically as many entrees as you want- many look great, and I'd like to try more than one, so that is advantageous. Going to be hard not to fill up on sushi and buffet items, before entrees and dessert! I've read that they pack up leftovers tho, so thats great.
I know the cost is high but so is the quality of the food and the experience.
Definitely going to have the desserts boxed up to take with us.
Going to have to pace myself too as I want to enjoy more than one entree :D
What time is your ADR? Ours is at 11:35 am.

Last edited:

My wife and I are most excited for this meal on our upcoming January trip. It was the first ADR we made. I have read nothing but great things on it. Sushi and charcuterie buffet is dangerous. I know the meal is expensive alone but I think I will splurge for a bloody mary as well ;-) Keep trying and I hope you get your reservation!

Good luck but, I think you'll find openings. We're going in January and I'm so excited! I don't usually eat breakfast and made a late ADR so, I'll be ready to try a bite of EVERY darn thing by 1pm.

Just got home a little while ago from brunch. We had a 1055 reservation and arrived about 1030. First I want to note that the guy at the podium ahead of me was seeing if he could do a walk in with 5 adults and a few kids. They said sure no problem. They ended up near us shortly after we got seated, which was right when we got there. I was surprised at the walk in availability- and even during the meal not every table was full.

We did not get a tour preview of the buffet from our server, just a description of what was available. It also listed everything from the buffet on the menu we were given. There were probably 10 entrees to choose from. Server brought each of us a press pot coffee which was left on the table. A nice touch. My DH ordered the shakshuka. I ordered half portions of the eggs benedict with lobster, the french toast, and the Korean fried chicken. The eggs benny was one half muffin with a thin slice of ham, nice sauce and a decent size (few inches ) piece of lobster. The chicken was a very large really crispy chicken breast, with a nice amount of home made kimchee. I asked for the sauce on the side, which they brought along with a little pitcher of the syrup for the french toast. I was surprised at the size of the chicken if that was a half portion. Same can be said for the french toast. Pics were too big to upload of those. The shakshuka with house made pita (you can see how fluffy it was) was a small portion with one egg. I thought that was a half size even tho he ordered the full. Anyway, each things was quite good. The biggest let down tho not by much was the eggs benny. Just so so with a piece of lobster with it.

Also had: deviled egg, quite nice, sushi- as always at CG absolutely fresh. Loved the shrimp tempura with mango. Had a greek yogurt with thyme strawberries and honey comb. That was very refreshing, and loved the honey, tho not sure what to do with the comb- didnt seem like you should eat it whole. Husb had soba noodles, cold salad, which he really enjoyed, and the strawberry parfait, which he also enjoyed but I thought tasted weird. Boxed the desserts to go. Was disappointed in no madeleines, but they aren't doing them any more. Bummer! Mimosas were refilled to order- I thought it was really strong, tho I don't drink so...

Glad we went, enjoyed the atmosphere, music, food, went out on the balconies for pictures. Weren't rushed, were there about 2 hours. But I won't spend the money again.

Attachments

• IMG_20171119_111643.jpg
    IMG_20171119_111643.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20171119_111702.jpg
    IMG_20171119_111702.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 38
Pace yourself, take advantage of half size entrees and order at least a few. Don't fill up on drinks or things you could really get anywhere.

Nice that they offer 1/2 size. We went last year. Had an amazing time but spent the rest of the day in a food coma. And we absolutely paced ourselves. Just so much food!

It may be controversial for you or your family, but I think in this situation also you don't need to finish every bite on the plate. I'm not saying order 7 entrees and then eat 2 bites of each, but you don't necessarily have to lick each plate clean. Easier to stuff yourself with more variety of food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter