• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cali Grill reservations at 5:40 or 7:20 for 8pm Wishes

tinkerbell313

DIS Veteran
When making reservations, I only had those two time slots available. I have read that others had the same issue...so I am thinking that Cali Grill only seats people at certain times.

When I asked the board...I was told to try to get a reservation 1.5 hours before the scheduled Wishes because people tend to stay and if we had a 7:20 reservation...we may not be able to sit down for dinner until after the fireworks are done.

Wishes is currently scheduled for 8pm...I took the 5:45 reservation. We don't mind sitting for that long...and actually, when we go to the higher end restauarants...we usually stay for three hours...between the bottles of wine...appetizers, meals, and dessert/coffee.

Will Cali Grill allow us to stay at our table if we are eating/drinking...or will they try to push us out. I realize we can come back with our receipt and check out wishes. But we would rather just stay and relax.

Thank you.

I don't think you will be able to stretch out your 5:40 meal to 8 wishes unless they are late seating you. You could arrive right at 5:40 and hope they are behind in seating. I think would have take the later time and if you get seated great if not than you can watch wishes from the deck and eat after.

When making reservations, I only had those two time slots available. I have read that others had the same issue...so I am thinking that Cali Grill only seats people at certain times.

When I asked the board...I was told to try to get a reservation 1.5 hours before the scheduled Wishes because people tend to stay and if we had a 7:20 reservation...we may not be able to sit down for dinner until after the fireworks are done.

Wishes is currently scheduled for 8pm...I took the 5:45 reservation. We don't mind sitting for that long...and actually, when we go to the higher end restauarants...we usually stay for three hours...between the bottles of wine...appetizers, meals, and dessert/coffee.

Will Cali Grill allow us to stay at our table if we are eating/drinking...or will they try to push us out. I realize we can come back with our receipt and check out wishes. But we would rather just stay and relax.

Thank you.

I also had this exact same issue. I was shooting for a 6:15-6:30 pm ressie. I took 5:45 as 7:20, IMHO, is not a guarantee you will be seated by 8 pm at CG on an early wishes night. I think they are simply not seating people at that time (around 6ish).

I don't think they will try to "push" you out, but I find it hard in the US to stay at a table for more than 2 hours, even ordering 3 courses. Meals are just much more fast-paced here. We plan on eating early, then strolling through the Contemporary, and then go back upstairs to the viewing deck.

The CG opens at 5:30 so it may be hard for them to be "running late" (but it's always possible). I wouldn't show very late to the ADR, but I certainly would not show up early (maybe 5-10 minutes past your ADR).

There's also every possibility that you will not have a good view of Wishes from your table (and possibly you will have no view at all) and will need to go to the deck anyway. I would take the early one. If you can't stretch it and have to come back, you can still watch from the deck.

We did have one poster here who said they got seated - at a window table I believe - within a half hour of Wishes so you can take your chances if you want. Even if you are not seated by 8 you would have access to the deck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter