"Cake Boss" on the 10/13 Dream with a Dream cake!

Ugly, Don't see the appeal. The cake looks chunky/cartoon to me. The scale is way off. The stacks are out of proportion. The lines are not straight in the construction and in the decorating. Would expect more from a "boss"

That was all I could think about last night as I watched the re-run of the episode. While it would be neat to see some celebrities, I would have been very upset with all the areas being taken over by TV crews and celebs so that I could not use them. All the passengers paid good money to be on the ship and 3 nights is a short cruise to begin with. You start shutting things like the aquaduck down for half a day and the time really goes by fast. I am sure that between the TV crew and the rain, there were folks on board who never got to experience the duck. And that doesn't include having to feed folks in 1/2 of Cabannas.

I also don't think disney/customs would let a normal passenger get off in Nassau and return with live flowers.... I thought that was prohibited somewhere.

All in all, it was neat to watch, but I am certainly glad they were on the ship 2 weeks after we were.:thumbsup2

For the flowers the big thing would be they would not be allowed into the US.

While it is cool to have celebrities shooting a tv show on your cruise, there were some draw backs...
And Cove Cafe was also closed several times for their use. On one occasion, they all strolled in (including film crew and children), much to the dismay of several passengers who were there to enjoy a quiet, adults-only space. Needless to say, these passengers complained to the ladies working there, and eventually left in search of another quiet, adult space as it became incredibly loud/noisy.

The whole situation made me wonder how DCL balances the expectations of passengers with the requirements of shooting a tv show (specifically closing of venues/spaces). I mean, they have to know that they will get some complaints from some paying passengers..

This!!!!!! We were less than impressed to have them and their crew on board from time to time. A couple of times at night we would get up and go someplace else to avoid them. They tended to take over a place, one night for a while it was PINK. Not someplace you want to share with a large loud group....:scared1:

The show is on again Wednesday at 7pm and Thursday at 2am, if anyone missed it.

My girls and I really enjoy Cake Boss, too. :love: I would have loved running into them on the ship, but I totally get why it would be annoying with them taking over the ship.

My question is how in the world did they transport both cakes without a major disaster?? Did they bake/make them in Florida? I thought they were in their bakery. I must have missed something.

As for the show being scripted...of course it is ...it is TV. I work at a hospital where they taped a show "one born every minute". It is so ridiculous how they "cut and pieced" parts together to make it look more exciting for TV/ ratings. I wont even watch it and it was taped on my floor.

I hope DCL took a photo of the cake with Buddy and his familia and it is hanging somewhere on the ship. Anybody know?

:)

My girls and I really enjoy Cake Boss, too. :love: I would have loved running into them on the ship, but I totally get why it would be annoying with them taking over the ship.

My question is how in the world did they transport both cakes without a major disaster?? Did they bake/make them in Florida? I thought they were in their bakery. I must have missed something.

As for the show being scripted...of course it is ...it is TV. I work at a hospital where they taped a show "one born every minute". It is so ridiculous how they "cut and pieced" parts together to make it look more exciting for TV/ ratings. I wont even watch it and it was taped on my floor.

I hope DCL took a photo of the cake with Buddy and his familia and it is hanging somewhere on the ship. Anybody know?

They baked and decorated both cakes in their bakery in New Jersey, then they drove them down in a truck. The wedding cake's flowers wilted, so they took them off and bought real flowers in Nassau.

I ran into a few mechanics that were on Orange County Choppers Sr Vs Jr. They said basically the same thing, that a lot of what you see on tv is made up or exaggerarted for tv. Sr and Jr are nothing like what they show on tv. At least not to the extent.

If there is a pic of Buddy with the cake and the ships crew, its most likely in a crew space not seen by the public.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter