Cabins Parking Question

vamassey1

DIS Veteran
We will be staying in a cabin right after Thanksgiving with our daughter and her family. We will be driving and staying a few days to visit more with our other daughter who works at DHS. The daughter we're sharing a cabin with was going to fly but now they may be driving. I understand there is only room to park on vehicle at the cabin, but can we leave the other vehicle parked at the front of the park? My daughter who lives there will be driving to visit us too. She is on our reservation also.

I believe there is room for 2 vehicles at the cabins, I know we frequently saw 2. Even if thats not currently allowed you would still be able to park the other vehicle in the overflow lot especially since they are on your reservations. Make sure you get a parking pass for the second car.
Have fun

I believe there is room for 2 vehicles at the cabins, I know we frequently saw 2. Even if thats not currently allowed you would still be able to park the other vehicle in the overflow lot especially since they are on your reservations. Make sure you get a parking pass for the second car.
Have fun

It would be great if we could park both. Thanks for the tip on the parking pass. We're very excited about our first stay at Ft. Wilderness.

It would be great if we could park both. Thanks for the tip on the parking pass. We're very excited about our first stay at Ft. Wilderness.
But at $25/night to park your vehicle I'm assuming it would then be $50/night - is it worth the money to park at the cabin if it's for your length of stay?

There is not room to park 2, unless you are excellent drivers. LOL! I only say this, because if you are on the grass at all (very narrow), they will give you a notice and if they have to give you more than one, they will visit in person to have you move your car. The official stance is that it fits just one car and that will be 19.00 a night and the 2nd car will cost you an additional fee. We were just there in March with 2 cars and needed to keep one up front (No biggie as we didn't use it all) but when we were unloading and inside for at least 20 minutes we came out to the notification. LOL! Oh and your golf cart (if you have one) has to be in the driveway as well, not parked on the 'grass' so make sure there is room for that.
You will have to park the extra car at the front desk lot, near overflow. This will be difficult in light of the holidays, so once you find a spot, don't move it and plan on just using the other car the rest of the time.
We are headed there again in October and this time will only have 1 car this time but needed to inquire about the overflow lot since we swap between cabins and our RV a few times during our stay and they told us that their parking lots and overflow lot will be very full most of the time.

But at $25/night to park your vehicle I'm assuming it would then be $50/night - is it worth the money to park at the cabin if it's for your length of stay?
We can't all fit in one car for the way down and DH and I are staying 2 extra night to visit more with our youngest daughter. The older daughter, her husband and kids will be going back. The cost to park will be paid by each owner of the vehicle, so we'll be spreading the cost.

There is not room to park 2, unless you are excellent drivers. LOL! I only say this, because if you are on the grass at all (very narrow), they will give you a notice and if they have to give you more than one, they will visit in person to have you move your car. The official stance is that it fits just one car and that will be 19.00 a night and the 2nd car will cost you an additional fee. We were just there in March with 2 cars and needed to keep one up front (No biggie as we didn't use it all) but when we were unloading and inside for at least 20 minutes we came out to the notification. LOL! Oh and your golf cart (if you have one) has to be in the driveway as well, not parked on the 'grass' so make sure there is room for that.
You will have to park the extra car at the front desk lot, near overflow. This will be difficult in light of the holidays, so once you find a spot, don't move it and plan on just using the other car the rest of the time.
We are headed there again in October and this time will only have 1 car this time but needed to inquire about the overflow lot since we swap between cabins and our RV a few times during our stay and they told us that their parking lots and overflow lot will be very full most of the time.

Great information. I was planning on keeping one up front. We usually take the busses to the parks anyway. I was hoping to drive one vehicle to the front and park in the overflow and take the bus. I'll let the others know we will need to park one up front and leave it there to make sure there is always parking for it. Please let me know how it goes for your October trip.

If your cast member booked your cabin/room under her name, parking is free for one car. I'm not sure if it is free if it was booked under friends and family.

If your cast member booked your cabin/room under her name, parking is free for one car. I'm not sure if it is free if it was booked under friends and family.
This reservation was under my name. We did end up cancelling it. I was able to get a room at AOA and them my cast member daughter was able to get us an even better deal on an AOA suite with her 50% off discount. I'm sad we won't be doing a cabin but in the end I think AOA will work better for us on this trip.

I hear ya! My son is a cast member, so we go where we can get the best deals. You will have the skyliner - that will be really nice. Have great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter