• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Cabanas open for seated dinner?

It is not available on the Wish. Not sure about the other ships. I have not heard anyone say that it is back yet. With the staffing issues, I can see them not bringing it back for a while. So few people used that option and it takes quite a few staff that can be utilized more efficiently elsewhere.

It is not available on the Wish. Not sure about the other ships. I have not heard anyone say that it is back yet. With the staffing issues, I can see them not bringing it back for a while. So few people used that option and it takes quite a few staff that can be utilized more efficiently elsewhere.
It was not available on the fantasy 2 weeks ago

I know this is going to be blasphemy for some, but I prefer it because it is quiet, I don't have to go at a specific time (well within the hours) and it is good for us.
If you are not into food, I can see eating there. But I pay for a Disney cruise partly because of the dining. I can eat pricier food that I wouldn't normally pay for at home so dining is a big part of the cruise for me. There is no way that I am skipping the main dining rooms.

I know this is going to be blasphemy for some, but I prefer it because it is quiet, I don't have to go at a specific time (well within the hours) and it is good for us.
I understand 100% what you are saying. We did it once on DCL years ago and it was a very relaxing and quiet meal. Two different cruise lines we chose that option 100% of the cruise, Viking and HAL.

I understand 100% what you are saying. We did it once on DCL years ago and it was a very relaxing and quiet meal. Two different cruise lines we chose that option 100% of the cruise, Viking and HAL.
Only done lunch, so dinner may be different. But for lunch if I want a relaxed and quiet meal I go to the MDR.

Years ago, on a cruise with my Mom, and sister's family (2 kids) we ONLY ate in Cabanas for dinner. The MDR just took too darn long. Kids wanted to get back to the Clubs and adults wanted a quiet meal on their own time. Food is the same as the MDR, just not the variety. There was also a small self service salad bar. I wish they would bring it back.

They usually use Cabanas dinner to train staff but they are having such staff issues that all the "earning my ears" waiters will be in main dining.

MUCH different than breakfast or lunch. MUCH! Fewer passengers by far because everyone is eating in DCL's MDR's. I bet when we ate, there was probably 2 or 3 other tables.
That probably is why it hasn't come back if passengers aren't using it.

Cabanas for dinner was waitress/waiter service. Not a buffet.
We always have our room by the aft elevators and so we pass through Cabanas on the way to the elevator a lot. Many nights I have seen only a few families eating at Cabanas. I am actually surprised they kept offering it so long with how few people ate there for dinner. It really did have a very small menu.

I think it was open from maybe 5 until 7:30 or 8. So more people used it than just what you would see at one glance. And it was quick. So you could eat in 30 minutes if you wanted? Maybe even less. Better than a slice of pizza or soft serve ice cream for dinner.

I think it was open from maybe 5 until 7:30 or 8. So more people used it than just what you would see at one glance. And it was quick. So you could eat in 30 minutes if you wanted? Maybe even less. Better than a slice of pizza or soft serve ice cream for dinner.
Maybe, but I imagine if it truly was that popular, they would bring it back. I have not really seen more than a couple of people complain about it not being available.

It is not back because of staff. They don't have the time to train people in Cabanas, which is how they used to do it. New CMs are going straight to the MDR.

You can see it in trip reports, as people report how many of the staff are earning their ears.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter