Cabana Bay! New Universal Hotel in 2014!!!

6:30am! That seems early! We are attending in mid-September should we be going this early too?
I'm going at the beginning of September the park hours should be 9am open and EE at 8am. I'm planning on leaving the resort about 7:30am for EE.

I think the other poster went during summer or a busier time when the parks opened at 8 and the EE was at 7 am.

Ah okay, we are going on weekdays and planning to hit up EE, Thanks for the tip! I've been wondering when the park hours come out for September, so thanks!

6:30am! That seems early! We are attending in mid-September should we be going this early too?

No, you shouldn't. We were there for New Years Eve and the early entrance was at 7:00 a.m, so we wanted to be there by 6:45. I think normally early entrance isn't until at least 8:00.

First trip to Universal in about 5 years is coming up late June and I am open to any tips. The trip is for 3 days and four nights coming at the tail end of a beach vacation. Last time, we stayed at the Royal Pacific (I think that is the name) and had the tickets that allowed us to go to the front of the line. This time, we are a larger group of 4 adults and one child and looking to save money so we are staying at Cabana Bay in a suite. There is a possiblity that a 5th adult will be added on at a later date. Should this suite be large enough or should we add a room at that point? We don´t have the front of the line feature for the tickets so we plan to go to the park super early. How early would this be though? Also, we will have a rental car during our beach week. I am wondering if we should keep it for the Universal trip or just use the bus system for the parks and City Walk. We could take a cab to the airport when we depart. I am not a huge fan of the busses at Disney but will use them when necessary. Are the wait times for busses long like they are at Disney?Thanks in advance!

First trip to Universal in about 5 years is coming up late June and I am open to any tips. The trip is for 3 days and four nights coming at the tail end of a beach vacation. Last time, we stayed at the Royal Pacific (I think that is the name) and had the tickets that allowed us to go to the front of the line. This time, we are a larger group of 4 adults and one child and looking to save money so we are staying at Cabana Bay in a suite. There is a possiblity that a 5th adult will be added on at a later date. Should this suite be large enough or should we add a room at that point? We don´t have the front of the line feature for the tickets so we plan to go to the park super early. How early would this be though? Also, we will have a rental car during our beach week. I am wondering if we should keep it for the Universal trip or just use the bus system for the parks and City Walk. We could take a cab to the airport when we depart. I am not a huge fan of the busses at Disney but will use them when necessary. Are the wait times for busses long like they are at Disney?Thanks in advance!
I haven't been yet but from everything I have read the buses run continually and the ride is less than 10 minutes so your wait is only 5-7 minutes. The Universal resorts charge for parking, Cabana Bay is lower than the others. For the family suite I believe they sleep 6 so there is two queen beds and then a pull out in the living area. It's up to you if you want another room. The last few days of June 27-29th both parks open at 7am for EE. The rest of the month Universal is open at 8am for EE.

I stayed with my family in a Cabana Bay suite in May of 2015, My parents (40s), my grandmother and family friend (60's), My self (20s) and My brother (Teens). We are all about average sized (my dad being a bit above average) but we tend to pack a lot of stuff (well my mom does) and after or universal stay we were going on a 7 day cruise so we had even more stuff! Even with all our luggage and souvenirs there was plenty of room. Another thing I remember is the safe was quite large, we fit four full sized ipads, a MacBook, and two ipad minis in it and we could have fit one or two more things! We all slept comfortably 2 in each bed and 2 on the couch pull out. There isn't a door to divide the bedroom area from the living room (its more like a half wall with the kitchenette on the other side) my dad tends to be a snorer and we still heard him in the bedroom it was very little. My parents said they slept very well on the pullout couch that it was "good and thick" or not a thin mattress like some pull outs tend to be. I thought the beds were soft and cozy. The bathroom was larger and had a large counter area around the sink. Enough to fit the makeup and hair products of four women! haha As for the kitchentte we didn't use it much because we mostly because we ate at the parks but any leftovers we took back for snack stayed good in the fridge and the microwave works just like a microwave should.

We loved the pool! The water was nice and warm and it was huge! Although we swam mostly after dark, there were around 15-20 people in the pool too, but because of this size it felt like we had it too our selves. Galaxy Bowl was awesome! The nachos were the best!

Our buses from Cabana Bay to the Universal Parks were always clean! We never waited for then five minutes for a bus, and the drive on the bus is only about a mile so it didn't take us very long. The buses drop you off right up front near bag checks. We drove though some parking areas and I have parked at universal before, and if you take a car you'll pay for parking (I think 18-20 dollars, but I could be wrong about that) in a garage and then could walk a ways to the park (depending on where you get placed)

Cabana Bays overnight parking is like $12 (I think) I'm planning a trip now for September and that what my TA told me

Cabana Bay does NOT offer express passes with your stay, so if you would want those again you'd have to buy them unfortunately :(

As for Disney busses it been about 5 years since I'm not as recently versed in Disney. Sorry :(

If you're in decent shape and a fast walker, we found it faster to take the path. With kids along, it was a wash. Also depends on how long you have to wait to get on a shuttle, or how long it takes for the shuttle to fill up and leave when you're heading back to the hotel. The shuttle drops you off at the escalators in front of City Walk, so you still have a pretty good hike from there to the park entrances.

I don't remember express check in, but it was a quick and smooth process for us.
Another option is to take the boat from RPR. The boat drops you off closer to the parks and going through the security checkpoint is faster than the one at the escalators. I believe you will be able to take the boat from Sapphire Falls when it opens, which will be a good option for Cabana Bay guests as well. Check in was a breeze.

Thanks, now that I know there are handles I will bring a tag to tag mine so my niece doesn't drink out of my cup. If they have the Halloween mugs in September I'm guessing she will want that one as will I.
We were just there and the mugs have different colored handles with lids matching the handles. We bought two (blue and green) but I am pretty sure there were more options.

We were just there and the mugs have different colored handles with lids matching the handles. We bought two (blue and green) but I am pretty sure there were more options.
Thanks, still going to bring a tag for mine as I know my niece will pick the same as me. I love blue (any shade) and now aqua is her new favorite color.

I haven't been yet but from everything I have read the buses run continually and the ride is less than 10 minutes so your wait is only 5-7 minutes. The Universal resorts charge for parking, Cabana Bay is lower than the others. For the family suite I believe they sleep 6 so there is two queen beds and then a pull out in the living area. It's up to you if you want another room. The last few days of June 27-29th both parks open at 7am for EE. The rest of the month Universal is open at 8am for EE.
Helpful info! Many thanks!

I stayed with my family in a Cabana Bay suite in May of 2015, My parents (40s), my grandmother and family friend (60's), My self (20s) and My brother (Teens). We are all about average sized (my dad being a bit above average) but we tend to pack a lot of stuff (well my mom does) and after or universal stay we were going on a 7 day cruise so we had even more stuff! Even with all our luggage and souvenirs there was plenty of room. Another thing I remember is the safe was quite large, we fit four full sized ipads, a MacBook, and two ipad minis in it and we could have fit one or two more things! We all slept comfortably 2 in each bed and 2 on the couch pull out. There isn't a door to divide the bedroom area from the living room (its more like a half wall with the kitchenette on the other side) my dad tends to be a snorer and we still heard him in the bedroom it was very little. My parents said they slept very well on the pullout couch that it was "good and thick" or not a thin mattress like some pull outs tend to be. I thought the beds were soft and cozy. The bathroom was larger and had a large counter area around the sink. Enough to fit the makeup and hair products of four women! haha As for the kitchentte we didn't use it much because we mostly because we ate at the parks but any leftovers we took back for snack stayed good in the fridge and the microwave works just like a microwave should.

We loved the pool! The water was nice and warm and it was huge! Although we swam mostly after dark, there were around 15-20 people in the pool too, but because of this size it felt like we had it too our selves. Galaxy Bowl was awesome! The nachos were the best!

Our buses from Cabana Bay to the Universal Parks were always clean! We never waited for then five minutes for a bus, and the drive on the bus is only about a mile so it didn't take us very long. The buses drop you off right up front near bag checks. We drove though some parking areas and I have parked at universal before, and if you take a car you'll pay for parking (I think 18-20 dollars, but I could be wrong about that) in a garage and then could walk a ways to the park (depending on where you get placed)

Cabana Bays overnight parking is like $12 (I think) I'm planning a trip now for September and that what my TA told me

Cabana Bay does NOT offer express passes with your stay, so if you would want those again you'd have to buy them unfortunately :(

As for Disney busses it been about 5 years since I'm not as recently versed in Disney. Sorry :(
I appreciate your information a lot! Sounds like CB will be a good choice!

Another option is to take the boat from RPR. The boat drops you off closer to the parks and going through the security checkpoint is faster than the one at the escalators. I believe you will be able to take the boat from Sapphire Falls when it opens, which will be a good option for Cabana Bay guests as well. Check in was a breeze.

Do you remember about how long the walk was from Cabana Bay to Royal Pacific? Did you stick to the pathway and then branch off to Royal Pacific? I looked at Google maps and they showed two different ways to get to Royal Pacific.

My DD and I just got back from a 4 night stay at Cabana Bay - we loved it!
So clean, so fun, we loved the Lazy River. We were in Americana and never ventured over to the other pool.
I liked the food court options and the Hideaway Bar was a great place to stop for a drink to take poolside.

They only had black and brownish handled mugs when were there so we both got black. I think my DD drank her weight in Icees, lol.

Buses were plentiful, clean and fast. I daresay I liked the resort better than any WDW one I have stayed at, its definitely above a Disney value as people have said.

from Cbay, you will walk past sf and rpr

from city walk, you can use the boat taxis to reach hrh or pbh.
both are easy to walk to.
hrh is very close to the studios.

walking paths are well marked.
many that stay at those hotels do walk to the parks if you don't use the water taxi.

If I remember correctly, and I used pictures to jog my memory, the fridge is a mini fridge. So, a half gallon would probably be best. I did also check the resorts site and it calls it a mini fridge.
search

The fridge is directly below the microwave. I hope this helps with your planning!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter