BWV refurb is in full swing.

I survived the chairs with the bed pillows, was just happy to have a view. Stayed second half of the trip at Grand Floridian with extra points for a Lake View - just to find my room had high solid wood balcony you could not see over even with extra pillows. I'd trade three ETicket rides for a decent balcony each day lol.
The solid balcony at VGF is a serious bummer! Did you request to be moved?

I know a lot of people don't care about the balcony and view, but it's so important to me on vacation.

The solid balcony at VGF is a serious bummer! Did you request to be moved?

I know a lot of people don't care about the balcony and view, but it's so important to me on vacation.
Only there for two nights, and did not want to spend the time to fuss about it. I felt to blame, since I paid www.touringplans.com so I'd know what rooms to ask for - and got one of them. Depended too much on their pics, should have looked at a photo of the building myself and gone from there...

Plus, I'd gotten one of the first remodeled rooms at Boardwalk for my nights there, so figured it was a wash for the trip :)

Only there for two nights, and did not want to spend the time to fuss about it. I felt to blame, since I paid www.touringplans.com so I'd know what rooms to ask for - and got one of them. Depended too much on their pics, should have looked at a photo of the building myself and gone from there...

Plus, I'd gotten one of the first remodeled rooms at Boardwalk for my nights there, so figured it was a wash for the trip :)
I hear you! I'm never one to make a fuss either. I'm sorry that happened to you though.

I survived the chairs with the bed pillows, was just happy to have a view. Stayed second half of the trip at Grand Floridian with extra points for a Lake View - just to find my room had high solid wood balcony you could not see over even with extra pillows. I would have traded three ETicket rides for a decent balcony each day lol.
Solid wall balconies are the absolute worst! Last year we received one for our Boardwalk View, 2 bedroom villa, even though I had specifically requested a non-walled balcony. Really a stretch to call that a Boardwalk view when you can only see if you’re standing up and peering over the balcony.

Solid wall balconies are the absolute worst! Last year we received one for our Boardwalk View, 2 bedroom villa, even though I had specifically requested a non-walled balcony. Really a stretch to call that a Boardwalk view when you can only see if you’re standing up and peering over the balcony.
The ONLY BW view 2 bedroom that is HA has the solid wall balcony. My husband could not stand to see over the wall. What idiot designer thought that this was a good choice for a BW view HA room?

I guess I'm the contrarian on the walled balconies - I actually like them. I can see the sky, across the lake, etc but can still have privacy on the balcony if I'm in a crappy pair of sleep shorts and don't want to change in the morning. I can watch the people on the boardwalk if I stand or lean on the rail. Plus, I love that those balconies are 2x the size of the others, and fully covered from weather so can be used even in pouring rain. Plus, the dividers between the next room are full as well.

As for the new balcony chairs - I grab the chairs from the breakfast table and use them on the balcony - I don't even bother with the balcony chairs except maybe to pop up my feet. Never a problem for me as I'm usually up there either solo or with one other person, so the inside chairs can be used outside, and carried in when we want to sit at the table. It may be more of an issue with a large group or family where people want to sit inside on those chairs at the same time someone wants to sit on the balcony.

The couch comfort I don't have any issue with - it's firm, but I'm happy with them in general. I disliked the sofa couches more - the cushions too often sunk in leaving that hard edge of the sofa bed's facing digging into the backs of my knees...they weren't made for heavy and tall people that sink in more! The new ones are perfect for me.

Question - how many patio chairs on the one bedroom balcony? I know there were 2 on the studio balcony.

We will have the 2 bedroom BW View Feb 2025, and 5 people.

Can one call housekeeping to deliver the seat cushion which is obviously missing in those outdoor chairs? That type of flat seat must be designed for a cushion!?
Yes, please call and ask! Again, I hope Housekeeping gets many calls and notifies management so they can realize their mistake. We won’t be there until January, but if those chairs are still there, I’ll complain.

The last chairs were much more comfortable with a higher back, and prettier IMHO.
Maybe they could bring them back? Do you think they still have them somewhere…

Attachments

• IMG_2318.jpeg
    IMG_2318.jpeg
    31.5 KB · Views: 27
The last chairs were much more comfortable with a higher back, and prettier IMHO.
Maybe they could bring them back? Do you think they still have them somewhere…
There’s a place near WDW where people can buy stuff from WDW that’s discarded during refurbishments. I have no idea where it is.

I guess I'm the contrarian on the walled balconies - I actually like them. I can see the sky, across the lake, etc but can still have privacy on the balcony if I'm in a crappy pair of sleep shorts and don't want to change in the morning. I can watch the people on the boardwalk if I stand or lean on the rail. Plus, I love that those balconies are 2x the size of the others, and fully covered from weather so can be used even in pouring rain. Plus, the dividers between the next room are full as well.

As for the new balcony chairs - I grab the chairs from the breakfast table and use them on the balcony - I don't even bother with the balcony chairs except maybe to pop up my feet. Never a problem for me as I'm usually up there either solo or with one other person, so the inside chairs can be used outside, and carried in when we want to sit at the table. It may be more of an issue with a large group or family where people want to sit inside on those chairs at the same time someone wants to sit on the balcony.

The couch comfort I don't have any issue with - it's firm, but I'm happy with them in general. I disliked the sofa couches more - the cushions too often sunk in leaving that hard edge of the sofa bed's facing digging into the backs of my knees...they weren't made for heavy and tall people that sink in more! The new ones are perfect for me.

For those same reasons I have a similar appreciation of the walled balconies on the Boardwalk so you're not alone! Other places though I prefer open.

Here's what I did the one day in a room where there was only a table and no chairs on the balcony. lol I did eventually call and they brought a little plastic one. :rolleyes: It was in an HA room so best I can guess is they were removed for someone who needed to stay in their wheelchair. It gave me the most comfy balcony chair I've ever had at Disney! Am I correct in thinking though that they did not keep a seating chair in the living area?

p3984193172-4.jpg

p3984192706-4.jpg

Question - how many patio chairs on the one bedroom balcony? I know there were 2 on the studio balcony.

We will have the 2 bedroom BW View Feb 2025, and 5 people.
I can only answer for a Studio in December - mine also had two chairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter