BWV refurb is in full swing.

I stayed in a 1 bedroom on the third floor, above the model earlier this month. We did have the murphy bed. 👍🏻
From reports it looks like the model and at least the 1 bedroom above it on floor 2 have the pullout sofa. Nothing confirmed other than those two that I have seen, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s every one bedroom above those rooms. Whatever design flaw caused them to go with the pull out sofa in those rooms, likely is the case in all the rooms directly above.

Hello, What's the latest date in April that DVC has contacted someone to move from a standard view room to the Inn side?

I don’t know but I have been stalking the waitlist for April and nothing ever shows available, however many dates in May pop in and out… is it possible they remove cancellations immediately from inventory?

I am guessing they are hoping to be done by the end of April… but who knows?
I hope they get ahead of schedule and a lot of rooms show up as available by the end of April - hey, a girl can dream, right? 😜

I am guessing they are hoping to be done by the end of April… but who knows?
I hope they get ahead of schedule and a lot of rooms show up as available by the end of April - hey, a girl can dream, right? 😜
Hoping they have at least some std view rooms open by beginning of May. I mean, that does give them 4 whole months to finish some rooms.

I will remain skeptical. Not sure why they would put a sofa bed in the model room for everyone to critique.
The room that has the sleeper couch instead of the murphy bed option is above the model room.

Have they done the model room yet?

When I popped in the model last spring they informed me they wouldn't update the model room until all of the rooms had been remodeled so that way people wouldn't be expecting one thing and receive another.

If it means anything to you they do seem to be working full steam ahead on the remaining half of the villas side of resort. I don’t see why they wouldn’t be done on schedule. Not sure exactly what their schedule is but I’m hoping it coordinates with all of you who have reservations.

Same-- standard view studio the last week in March.
That's hopeful. My family is staying in a std view studio the week of 3/17/24, and they've been moved to the Inn side. When the DVC rep called, she said that some people with April reservations were also being moved. But, she wouldn't say how far into April.

That's hopeful. My family is staying in a std view studio the week of 3/17/24, and they've been moved to the Inn side. When the DVC rep called, she said that some people with April reservations were also being moved. But, she wouldn't say how far into April.
That is what I am anticipating will happen-- I guess we just haven't been contacted yet. We rented DVC points, so I am curious whether the owner will be contacted or we will be contacted? Also-- were your family members granted a credit for having to move to the inn side?

That is what I am anticipating will happen-- I guess we just haven't been contacted yet. We rented DVC points, so I am curious whether the owner will be contacted or we will be contacted? Also-- were your family members granted a credit for having to move to the inn side?
I believe you will be contacted. My family will receive a $50 per night credit.

We have two standard studios April 1 and have not been contacted to move yet. I was hopeful that we were going to be good, but with them saying they will be moving some April reservations that makes me nervous. Anyone know someone that has already been moved in April? I haven't seen any reports yet.

Here are some pics from the main themed pool area. Taken in the afternoon one week ago (January 29):

Attachments

• IMG_0282.jpeg
    IMG_0282.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0281.jpeg
    IMG_0281.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0280.jpeg
    IMG_0280.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0279.jpeg
    IMG_0279.jpeg
    171 KB · Views: 55
We received the call to be moved for our boardwalk view studio that started 12/1 only 3 days before check in. Hopefully they have a better handle on things now but I would not bet the farm on it.

We are in a 1 bedroom so hopefully we will not be called. $50 is not worth the move in my opinion.

I have a garden/pool view booked for May 1st and 2nd. I was just able to snag this a few days ago and already have a room reservation for the Riviera. Since we are already staying at the Riviera later in the trip, I would like to keep the BW reservation but have been afraid to cancel the RIV. Being moved to the Inn side wouldn't be a huge factor for me since
we are only there two nights and don't cook in the room anyway. Has anyone heard if they are moving people somewhere other than the Inn side or BC/YC lately? Any of those would be ok, but I would rather stay at the RIV than anywhere else since we are planning DHS and Epcot those days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter