BWV - long distance from studio

sueg

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
DH & I will be staying in a studio, next week, while our 2 DSs get to spend some quality time at home w/ their grandparents. We should have a laptop and will send e-mails. Does anyone have experience with long distance calls from the room? How would a calling card work from the room? We will probably call daily and I guess those charges could really add up. Thanks:D

Calling cards work fine. I would highly recommend them - the long distance surcharges by direct dialing from the room are significant.

I know this is the DVC forum and not the calling card forum, but please bear with me. Will I be able to figure out how to use the calling card? Do the CMs help you? Is it easier from a pay phone? :confused: :bounce:

Sueg,
Long Distance cards work great from the room. You should have NO problem figuring out how to use them. ( The card is self explanatory.)You also should not have to pay any phone charge because 800 #'s are free ( to DVC members). I would not waste my time using a pay phone.
Have fun and Good Luck

If you are going to be sending e-mails, you may also want to find out if your ISP has any local access numbers in the Orlando area.

If your ISP has a local # (check with the front desk to be sure it's local), it's 35 cents per call for members. I used my laptop at OKW in May with no problem.

We almost cancelled this adult-only trip, because DSs didn't want us to fly. We are driving now, but I am still alittle nervous about leaving them w/ my parents (alright, they raised me, but times have changed) I'm sure we will call frequently and the calling card seems like the answer, esp. because of the reduced member rate for phone calls. Thanks.

I did not know this. It is really good to know. We used our laptop for e-mail on a daily basis last week at BWV. My husband printed the local ISP phone numbers out before we left home. Our charge was .35 each time we connected. It is nice to be able to stay in touch, even when a long way from home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter