BUZZ's Brigade - TEAM CHALLENGE - POST MILES/HOURS HERE

:wave: Me...I'll be there!! I'm in for the 1/2, cheering for the full!:cool1:

Chris, thank you so very, very much for keeping up with all of our times. I promise, I'll post my meager amounts tonight! :goodvibes Anne

As promised, Chris:
Nov: 550 min, 32.12 miles
Dec: 657 min, 59.82 miles

Happy 2009 Buzzies!!!! :goodvibes

I WISH you all the best in the new year! I don't know what this new year holds for us as a team, but I wanted to say THANK YOU for letting me be apart of your group for the past year! Y'all have helped me in so many ways!! :grouphug:

Oh and keep reporting in so I can cheer for each of you individually up here in AL!

Here's my list:

Kathy - Valentine - Half
Duane - Duanerice - Full (?)
Chris - goofyinohio - Goofy
Jessica - jessily - Half
Jessica - Jusacuz - Half
Mike - MickeyT - Half
Wendy - getnthinr - Goofy
Pat - WDWFAN9- Half
Anne - Maherae - Half
Jackie - MouseDogMom - Full
Cam - keenercam

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Can't wait to see some of you in a few days. I'll get there Thursday afternoon check in then go to the Expo. That makes it real!

Have a great week everyone!
Duane

Hey Everyone,

Hope to get to meet some of you in the upcoming week. I get in on Thursday weather allowing and will be there till the following Saturday.

I will be attempting to lose some weight when I get back as this Goofy training has had me over eating BIG TIME.

Safe travels everyone!!!

Hey, if anybody is interested, call me during the Pop Meet! I am an AT&T customer, so if you are too, it won't cost anything. ;) Send me a PM, and I'll give you my cell number. That way I can give you my best wishes personally! :love: Well, kinda. :rolleyes:

Oh, and since it is the last week of the year, I'll report, but I only walked once. :guilty:

My totals for the week of 12/25 - 1/1/09:

Miles: 2.1

Minutes : 45:00

Thanks again Chris for keeping up with all of our totals this year! :grouphug:

:grouphug: OK Buzzies. This is it. One more short run today and finish the packing. Still can't believe we are doing this!:grouphug:

Allie and Casey. Our thoughts will be with you. You are definitely a part of the team and will be there in spirit. Somewhere along that 13.1 my thoughts will go to people I have never met but have inspired me none the same.

And am I correct in that the POP meet is Friday at 5pm? Do you just show up? I am the only WISHer in the 6 of us so I will have to see what the rest of the crew is up to before coming (I am also the unofficial Disney guide for the week. Both my sisters think I'm a little obsessed with the Mouse!):earboy2:

Take care and be safe. Mike

My Times for 12/26-1/2
Miles7.25
Time 1:35

Mike, the Pop meet is Friday at 4:30. Just look for the crowd of WISH shirts and jump right in!! I can't wait to see everyone!!

Happy New Year Buzz Team!

Wishing everyone safe travels to FL. Looking forward to meeting some of you there:)

Buzzies, how do y'all feel about staying together? I am all for it because I feel like you are all my family! :grouphug: Now you may not feel the same way, but Panda was asking, so I thought I would ask y'all. :goodvibes

Here's the thread if you want to look: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2046705

If Chris didn't want to be spreadsheet dude again, maybe we could just be here for support? :confused3 What do y'all think?

I know y'all are busy getting ready for the weekend, so responses can be delayed til after your return, but I thought I would ask.

Good luck to everyone this weekend! :goodvibes :cheer2:

Happy New Year, everyone!

I hope you all have a great time this weekend at Disney. Good luck with your races! I can't wait to hear all about it. :goodvibes

CONGRATS TO ALL OUR BUZZIES!!!!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I want to hear all about it when y'all get back! :listen:

Hi All,
we had an awesome time. I will get back with a trip report soon but just wanted to stop in and say Hi. I did get to see Chris quite a bit while I was there, not just at the get together, but he was also staying at POP so I saw him and his family around there a few times.

I did the 5K, half and the full. Finished, although not as good on the full as I wanted due to a slight injury but I am walking and wearing the medals :)

Have to admit it is great belonging to a team like WISH and Disney Running as you have instant friends at the races.

Casey,
I'll be back to running by the time I get to Vegas next Thursday. I usually just run the strip, but anywhere else close by that makes for a nice 10 mile run? Maybe I could just run downtown and back, kind of like the half. I just hate running on sidewalks and crossing the streets.

You ALL need to be there next year!
enjoy,
Duane

Congratulations, Duane!

I did finish the Goofy/Dopey (Goofy + 5K) again this year. As I was quick to tell my WISHer buddies, "it was a God thing" as I certainly couldn't have done it on my own based on my spotty training (too many injuries this year).

I keep trying to start my race report, but work is crazy and as I've been gone 5 days, they sort of expect me to focus. ;) It was as wonderful as always to see WISHers at the meets, on the course, at the water stops -- What an incredible group of people. I also happened to run into a very elegantly-attired Lily as she was headed to Cam and Howard's vow renewal and I can't wait to see the photos from THAT!

Again, many many thanks to Chris for all his efforts this year -- I did get to chat with him briefly. What a super guy. Thanks to all of you for putting up with my sporadic posts this year. Already signed up for Goofy #5.

We're back to reality. Not easy after the week we had last week.

All six of us finished the half and had wonderful time in the parks. Didn't make it to any meets. Just kinda blended in to the other runners at the race but had a wonderful time. Gotta run. Just a quick drive by to say hello!

Wendy & Duane - :worship: I can't even imagine doing all of that. I am so proud of y'all. Oh, and Wendy, I was looking at last year's Pop meet pics, and realized we were standing right beside each other. Wish I had "known" you then. :hug:

Chris - Are the Buzzies going to stay together this year? :confused3

Mike - you slipped in on me! Congrats to you my friend! :hug:

Hey Teammates. I'm gonna do a copy and paste of the race report I did over on the race report thread. I wouldn't/couldn't type all this again! Anyway thanks again Buzzies. You really did inspire me:thanks: and keep me entertained:hyper: Hate seeing us on the second page too!

Matt. Thanks. I did see you on the overpass and then again in the parking lot after the 1/2. People like you get so much more out of life because you give! Thanks for your service to our Country, dedication and giving spirit! May God always bless you!:cheer2:

Now my shout out. I want everyone to know how proud I am of my wife. She, along with me, finished our first 1/2 last week. She is a seven year breast cancer survivor that had the surgeries, radiation and chemo that go along with that terrible disease. Long story short she had a lot of complications with the surgery vs the radiation. She still has a lot of pain but she manages to walk as many days of the week she can. She walks 2-3 miles at a time and I really didn't know if she could make 13.1. Well she did. She finished just a minute or two after they quit the timing. I check the split times of the last people with times and she was right with them or ahead at all the splits. But she finished. Got her medal. I was running back and forth from the finish line to the medical tent. When she came to the photography gate I almost knocked her down hugging her. :dogdance:

You may be wondering why I didn't run with her. She wouldn't let me. She demanded that I go ahead and run my race. As my Buzz Brigade teammates know I battle a different type cancer. As the Dr that diagnosed my lymphoma told me, I have "a rare type of a rare type of cancer". What I have is not fatal but it is not curable either. I have to do maintenance chemo for two days a week apart every three months. I had to go the day after I got back for a treatment. But it's not the 'bad' chemo. I've seen the bad with my wife and others in the infusion room and believe me, mine is not that bad. I'm good.:goodvibes

Well I've been trainging for the last year for the Disney 1/2. One of my sisters is a coach in Team in Training L&L Society. She talked me into walking after my intial chemo (once every three weeks for 6 months) just to feel better. Well you know how that goes. If I can walk three miles I can run three miles. If I can run three I can run five and..........

So we did it. My two sisters, two brother in laws, and the wife and me all finished. We won. Spent a week at OKW. Enjoyed the parks. Beautiful weather. Enjoyed life. Priceless memories. We won!party:
My only regret is I didn't meet more of you. My Buzzie teammates have been such an inspiration. But I guess that gives me a reason/excuse to come back. As my teammates love to say 'To Infinity and Beyond'!
Disney2009SixMedals.jpg

Six Medals!

RunnintheCastle.jpg

Sister and Me at the Castle
101_2951.jpg

Me and Lee Ann at OKW

Mile5.jpg

Mile 5 with Sis

Hey Everyone!!!!

I'm back and trying to catch up. Congrats to everyone this past weekend. Great job. I wish I could have met all of you, but maybe next year? :thumbsup2

Mike - You have to make it to the meets next year. I went for the first time and while I felt a little odd in the group I tried to talk to people even though most didn't know me or I didn't know them. (On the boards that is)

Allie - I would like our group to stay together if everyone wants to do so. If nothing else to have a place to chat with our team. If we want to report numbers then that's OK with me too. I was going to post a 2009 Thread for our team and hope to do that soon.

I hope to do a race report, but if nothing else I just wanted to say I have my GOOFY medal and am so proud of myself for doing it.

Hi everyone! It was sooo nice to meet many of you this past weekend... You will notice I changed the first post.. abdicating my leadership role to the true captain of this team.. CHRIS!!! Yahoooooo!!!

It was a pleasure running into you and your beautiful family yesterday Chris.. I hope you had a safe and uneventful trip home.. and work on that commando ;)

I had an amazing time this trip..and was honored to be around such wonderful people and athletes... I will not be continuing with the team challenge this year.. as I know my schedule will not permit a regular reporting.. And I felt soooooo guilty for my disappearance last year!! I will ALWAYS consider myself a Buzzie.. and will cheer all of you on... so.. I will be a team cheerleader!! :cheer2: :cheer2: I a REALLY good at that!! :)

I am sitting at the airport now waiting for my flight.. and I SHOULD be getting some work done.. but.. ummmm.... here I am on the boards... well.. I will sign off for now.. but.. I wish everyone well!!! Fine in 2009 .. :)

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter