Buying Aulani

I almost bought AUL non-sub last year for I think $80 or $83pp and I think that contract had 200 points. Someone else on the boards bought it after I decided to move on. But at $92 that’s say a $10 difference from pretty low pricing per point. On 160 points it’s $1,600 over 37 more years of contract. I don’t think it’s too bad.

I almost bought AUL non-sub last year for I think $80 or $83pp and I think that contract had 200 points. Someone else on the boards bought it after I decided to move on. But at $92 that’s say a $10 difference from pretty low pricing per point. On 160 points it’s $1,600 over 37 more years of contract. I don’t think it’s too bad.
Helpful analysis, thank you.

Based on a quick glance at www.dvcrofr.com it looks like the market for AUL (unsubsidized) has gotten a bit stronger over the past few months, but if people are finding it in the $80s unstripped (I think that’s what you are implying?), I think I’m better off holding out in the mid $80s (or lower).

Helpful analysis, thank you.

Based on a quick glance at www.dvcrofr.com it looks like the market for AUL (unsubsidized) has gotten a bit stronger over the past few months, but if people are finding it in the $80s unstripped (I think that’s what you are implying?), I think I’m better off holding out in the mid $80s (or lower).
It's anecdotal of course since it was just the one contract but I went back to my notes. It was a 200 pt contract, double loaded so had 400 pts for 2023 and 200 points onward. I first offered $70pp, that was rejected with no counter. I then offered $82.50 pp and got a message that seller would accept if I paid seller's commission and all closing costs. I believe I countered again saying I'd pay closing costs but not commissions but then I withdrew the counter as I had an SSR contract offer accepted instead. So yeah - it wasn't stripped at all.

Anyone know what the 2 Bedroom (view agnostic) availability is at 7 Months for August trips? Thinking about August 2025. I may need to rent points if 7 Month availability is tough. We would need 7 consecutive nights.

Thanks!

August should be easy. All of the summer months are pretty easy despite school being out because it's extremely hot and the point charts are high.

Ehhh, no to all the summer months… June is definitely harder to get a 2 bedroom than a 1 bedroom, and has become very difficult overall. I wouldn’t count on an easy get for any villa at 7 months in June.

August should be fine at 7 months although standard view will likely not be available.

@Massachusetts , @AstroBlasters, @LilyJC
Oh I'm so sorry guys I didn't realize I was in the Aulani thread LOL my bad hahaha. I wrote this from a WDW perspective but yeah Aulani is hard from June through 3rd week of August sorry sorry. I stalked Aulani this November through February because I have a reservation in September and was getting somewhat worried but availability opened up as soon as the 4th week of August started.

Reminder…please do not post about new contracts that show up for sale. Thank you.

Am I the lone straggler from the Aulani crew? I did close a few days ago, but I'm sure I'm 7-10 days from it showing up and loading.

Interesting tidbit is there has been extremely little Aulani activity. I'm proud of being part of the collective FOMO.

Though speaking of FOMO, literally every small contract in my December use year across ALL resorts seem like they are stripped of their 2023 points now. Not that I'm in the market at all. But it does feel like Q1 was a magical time to buy and negotiate.

Am I the lone straggler from the Aulani crew? I did close a few days ago, but I'm sure I'm 7-10 days from it showing up and loading.

Interesting tidbit is there has been extremely little Aulani activity. I'm proud of being part of the collective FOMO.

Though speaking of FOMO, literally every small contract in my December use year across ALL resorts seem like they are stripped of their 2023 points now. Not that I'm in the market at all. But it does feel like Q1 was a magical time to buy and negotiate.
Almost there! The point loading may be a bit slow because they are backed up with direct contracts from the April incentives that will take precedence.

Ok I feel stupid asking this. On my dashboard I only see my SSR contract. When I go to My Vacation Pts I can see my AUL membership. (Same UY). Will it eventually show on the dashboard , is it because points haven’t been loaded yet?

Ok I feel stupid asking this. On my dashboard I only see my SSR contract. When I go to My Vacation Pts I can see my AUL membership. (Same UY). Will it eventually show on the dashboard , is it because points haven’t been loaded yet?
If you have multiple UY contracts there’s a drop down (not super easy to see) that you have to select to toggle between them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter